All my paid content showing as uninstallable

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by "Phil", Oct 19, 2022.

1. "Phil"

"Phil" Registered

I'm trying to join a server that I use constantly. I get the "error" message. When I check ModMgr all my content is un-installable. In Steam my paid content is visible in my inventory page but when i go to my game properties and look at workshop all I see are the regular workshop mods, so I can't unsubscribe to refresh them. Any ideas to what has happened?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Could be you have events/skins/upgrades that are stopping the event you're joining from working correctly. That's not 'content' (cars/tracks) in ModMgr, but mods etc.

Sometimes the "error" might have useful information included in it. "error" doesn't mean much to anyone else.

To refresh the DLC in the fairly unlikely event that will help, the most straightforward is to delete its folders from rFactor 2\Installed. The game will reinstall next time you start it. To replicate the previous uninstall/uninstall process you'd delete the relevant folders from the steam workshop folder (their folders are named by ID, so search can be useful), run the game so it uninstalls them, then verify rF2 files in steam to redownload the workshop folders, and then start the game again to reinstall them.

3. "Phil"

"Phil" Registered

The error message is "unable to install server mod, most likely cause is missing content". Is there somethings I should delete before going to the workshop folders?