All rF2 Workshop Items listed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by redapg, Oct 18, 2022.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Like i did write HERE, some Time ago, i did make a Site to list all Workshop Items with their ID and Name.
    I want to share the Link here, to see if it can be helpful for Others too.
    Comments are welcome. :)
    Workshop Item List

HINT: It needs "a few" Seconds to load, because it reads out the needed Info from all Websites on that the Items are shown in Steam.

justposted, TJones, Emery and 12 others like this.
  2. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Great list. Can more info be extracted? If so, I think "last date updated" and "creator" could be useful info.
    And maybe ability so sort it.

redapg and Ricardo Diz like this.
  3. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Yes, that list is pretty cool. I definitely think it helps to have this type of info in a consolidated/structured way.

I've also made available 2 tables with all "official" / licensed content here. It does have info such as updated date, versions, if it's paid or not, etc. You you get to the page, the cursor is active in the search box, so if you type a couple of letters you can easily find what you're looking for. For all the non-paid content, if you click the line you go directly to the respective workshop page.

I have to say that for content made available by S397, the page they created and have been improving here is also an easy way to visually see cars/tracks. Licensed content made available by others is not on their page though (e.g., Glickenhaus SCF007 LMH).

pkelly, redapg and ThomasJohansen like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Brilliant!

trichens and redapg like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

@ThomasJohansen The available Info, on the Sites that i read out to get the Data, is limited, because it's from the Sites that list the Items in Steam (Example).
    For Example the Creator/Uploader is available and i can also add some Sort Options.

@Ricardo Diz My Site gets the Info directly from the Steam Workshop Sites, so that you really get all currently available Items and Nobody has to edit a List, when a new Item gets released or an Item gets removed.
    But as said above, the available Info, on the Sites that my Script reads out is limited, but i can add a few more Things.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    pkelly and ThomasJohansen like this.
  6. svictor

svictor Registered

Great list, this will greatly help server admin preparing server and race info, thanks!

redapg likes this.
  7. RoWo

RoWo Member

Chris, can you also add to the list the official S397 DLC content?
    And yes, more information and a sort/filter/search option would be really nice.
    I know, you can do it! ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    redapg likes this.
  8. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

We're using Steam's API to get the info (e.g., including version update dates, developers name), and also other sources (e.g., Glickenhaus is not on Steam). The API is okay, but it does not work flawlessly unfortunately, so some redundancy is needed. We're only showing licensed content (i.e., DLC, free content), as this is what we support with our Fidgrove data platform.

redapg likes this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

@RoWo DLC and some Sort Options are WIP and for a Search, i would recommend the Browser Search (Ctrl+F), because i don't use a SQLite Database to store the Data.
    And because all Items are listed on the same Site, the Browser Search would be OK, i guess.
    And thanks for your Trust into my Skills (i don't know if it is justified here :))
    I maybe will update the Site, later Today.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

An updated Version is online now, with some Sort Options and Links to each Item and Creator/Uploader.
    It's still for Workshop Items only.
    The DLC List will follow soon.
    Feedback is still welcome too. :)

Mauro, RoWo, Corti and 1 other person like this.
  11. Garitt Gibsn

Garitt Gibsn Registered

Great database. You can find things faster here than in Steam. And the filter function is good. Perhaps there is still the possibility to set the filter to "All". Or have I overlooked that, then sorry

Keep it up Chris

redapg likes this.
  12. redapg

redapg Registered

If you use the Dropdown, to show all Content from a specific User and want to show all again, you just have to change the Way of the Sorting.
    But i did add the Option "ALL" to the Dropdown now. ;)

13. redapg

redapg Registered

Unfortunately i can not read the Source Code from the DLC Websites, like i can do it with the Workshop Sites.
    They use a CSS or Java Script Event Handler to switch between the Sites and that doesn't work, when i try to open the Sites with my Script, to get the Data from their Source Code.
    It always only opens the first Site, no matter which Link i use.
    So i can not add a List for the DLC.
    And even if i could, on the Sites from the Shop, there nowhere is the ID of the Items written.

14. Garitt Gibsn

Garitt Gibsn Registered

Great, thank you

15. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Given that you weren't able to have the Steam IDs of DLC content, I added a toggle in our list (only licensed content), so that it shows the Steam ID for all listed items, including DLC. Here's the link again. If you click on the steam ID it will copy it.

We are getting the Steam IDs during the content validation process we have before starting to log telemetry. Maybe you can have a script to check our page for the Steam IDs of DLC packages, and then you can add it to your table?

redapg and Corti like this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I like the list, but I'm not seeing this toggle you added. Probably right in front of my nose but.....

17. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

See below, it's on the blue stripe.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 22.33.29.png

davehenrie likes this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ah, I had to refresh the page. THERE it is...THANKS!!

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  19. redapg

redapg Registered

Thank you!
    I will try it out later Today. ;)

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  20. redapg

redapg Registered

@Ricardo Diz I just opened the Site, to take a quick first Look at it and have seen, that the Howston G6 1968 is listed as a paid Item and i mean it's still free.
    Same with the Enduracers Alpine 110.
    Is that, because the Steam API is not working 100% correctly?