Oct Release Candidate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Oct 13, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Are we going to see a RC soon?

coasting&cruising likes this.
  2. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

It's definitely due, the new build ought to finalize at the beginning of November. Having said which, I never much liked that timing since they don't have anything new to sell for Xmas/year-end sales. Would be better at end of November or early December in my opinion.

Not sure what to expect for new features etc. or content either. Suspect we may get new tires on the GT3s and maybe the other LMPs. Though, they have series in progress with those cars and the CS can't handle updates, and I'm not sure the esports guys will be too happy about changes to the cars. I guess we'll see Bahrain since they already did the esports event.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm certain we won't get any content in the release candidate, by that I mean none of the new tracks or cars. But aside from @Coutie mentioning some recent bugs that cropped up getting fixed, not a whisper about any code improvements.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What are you talking about?

The next content drop is November 7. It's every 3 months. (*edit just for accuracy: the intended dates are not a guarantee. A delay to content or the RC/build could occur. Maybe they would delay both so they release together, that's to (perhaps) be seen. If the new content relies on new build features then synchronicity is almost certain)

There'll be an RC, probably next week. We haven't heard anything about changes because it's not out yet.

This is the new normal. I don't get why you're unsure about this.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  5. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I would rather have them update all the paid content and free premium content (especially M4 class 1) to have all the latest updates than work on new cars.
    unfortunately people tend to forget what that their paid content is way out of fate yet they still eagerly wait/demand for new shiny things.

sg333, Andrea Frollo and nolive721 like this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

People can do what they want. How you know what they're forgetting (or not) is a mystery.

I just don't buy new stuff, unless I feel a need for it. That's kind of all we can do to show our disapproval of some/most/all aspects of the game and previous DLC maintenance or updates. I only recently completed my GTE collection because I needed to in order to join in some online racing that used it; the GTE is also 'up to date' with sounds and tyres. I'll wait on GT3 for similar progress.

Finally, yeah, they'll release new DLC. They have people who create content, and that's how they make money.

AMillward likes this.
  7. Simulation_Player

Obviously they can do what they want, but generally it really doesn't help the sim.
    i have seen more comments on Q4 hype than say when will rest of the content will receive dozens of recent updates.
    even the GTE pack is not updated.
    the work of S397 is just not systematic or "complete" and most frustrating part is no one seems to be vocal about it.
    which could and would lead S397 to focus on new content which has most hype. abandoning "old" premium content....the m4 class 1 is best example such a fantastic car is broken with 2-3 easily verifiable physics issues and sounds issues that are there for more than 1.5 years now (not counting new physics and sounds etc updates .....which too is also important).
    Only not buying new stuff without saying a word is actually worse.

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm hoping that much like last quarter, we get tyre updates for more cars, specifically hoping for the GT3's, Cadillac DPi, Ligier P2 & both LMP3s. I think when we got the GTE & Oreca updates it was around the time of the last release candidate if not the very same time.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  9. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

After the usf2000 and the Nissan GT500, when S397 arrived, ie after ISI, we had about 60 relatively diversified S397 OFFICIAL cars.

It is these 60 cars that must be updated in all aspects.

And not update 25 of them partially and throw the other 35 into oblivion. It's a huge mess (but GT and LMP fans will probably be happy).

Yes updating 60 cars is a lot of work, and it could only be done in many months.....

But it just has to be done.

Quite simply. Improving the physics engine as well as updating the cars physics should be the highest priorities in a quality simulation.

But they will do as they want!!!

10. Simulation_Player

I totally understand your point but i think updating paid content should take the priority (even though i will prefer updates on free M4 class 1).
    the order is simple , first update all of paid content to have all the latest things then go for free BUT premium content on workshop.....by premium i mean the car that are relatively "upto date" so they will require less things to be redone , M4 class 1 is best example.....imo that car is one of the best in entire rf2 offering.
    tbh i doubt ISI content or very old S397 content will be updated and that i can understand.

11. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

t's not really a case of users wanting new shiny things. Its down to the business model, or should I say revenue model, of S397. From what I can see, iRacing add about 7,000 users per month, which means they buy the base software (annual subscription, or short term one) and probably a few pieces of content. How many people do you think buy base rF2 each month, and at the very low cost? If its 500 people I'll be shocked. So do the math on what revenue that provides; its pitiful. So each build, they HAVE to produce new content to sell, because its the vast majority of the revenue. Fixing up old content, they derive zero revenue from. They can't keep the lights on and resources employed, without that new revenue. At the moment, probably the only updates to existing content that makes sense, it to either improve it for esports, or for use in the CS. This is why I think we'll see the GT3 tires get done. That's not to say there aren't other issues with the GT3s - clearly, there is, and some cars more than others. Have to figure there may be some esports with these cars in future, even if most of these competitions seem to be using ACC right now. I think we'll see some new Caterhams as the "free" content, but from a resource point of view, that makes no sense to do. They also might as well complete as much as they can on BTCC, too, and figure out if there's some way to package that into a standalone game, but not available on console. They've got commitments to WEC and IndyCar still to fulfill for the parent company yet, as well. And probably they want to do a Gen 3 Formula E car soon as there may be commitments there. In short, there's basically zero chance of any old content getting a major makeover right now. You can ask, but you're just going to frustrate yourself if you think there will be any response.

justposted likes this.