crash before loading into competition server

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by spencer hamrick, Sep 17, 2022.

1. spencer hamrick

spencer hamrick Registered

hello all, so i signed up for lmvc Sebring race about 2 weeks ago. qualified 132nd and i was set and ready to roll in for the race today. But when i registered and starting loading into the server, rf2 crashed to desktop. reloaded the game and tried again, same issue. i ran a trace file and linked it, any help with this would be much appreciated!!

Attached Files:

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Can you also upload a mini dump if you have one? Did the crash happen as soon as you finished loading?

3. redapg

redapg Registered

@Coutie Do you think, that there is a Possibility, to get the "onFatalError 11" Error, that seems to show up in many different Cases, being splitted into more precise Messages?
    Like it is now, it doesn't help to identify a Problem, at all.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I don't know really, could be a lot of work for the programmers, they're already really busy.

redapg likes this.
  5. spencer hamrick

well i do not see a dump file, and yes loading screen got to 100% then straight to desktop

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@spencer hamrick since there's a shader error in the trace, try clearing your cbash and shaders (rF2\UserData\Log\CBash folder). Just delete everything in there.

redapg likes this.
  7. spencer hamrick

okay cool, ill give it a try and see what happens, there is a qualifying session soon ill see if i can join that, and let ya know

8. spencer hamrick

well it worked for the qualifying session, i really hope it works a month from now when i go to race lol

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hopefully! :p

I'm not sure if there's anything in particular that can help to create problems with the shaders, so maybe you'll get it again and maybe you never will. But that sort of thing has come up a few times recently, so if you crash loading to track I'd try that first - it may slow down the first track load, but other than that will change none of your settings, so it's an easy one.

10. spencer hamrick

Well race 2 at monza is out of the way and i was able to get in and race, i appreciate the help with figuring out my issue. ended up p10 with a horrible race from being really inconsistent