[REL] TinyPedal - open source overlay APP for rF2 (Radar,Pedal,FFB,Deltabest,Relative,Fuel calculator)

Discussion in 'Other' started by svictor, Mar 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. juninho tilambucano

juninho tilambucano Registered

i dont know why but since yesterday every time i open the app it creates a config-backup and resets the original backup, its impossible to keep using it because every time i open it again everything is on random positions

2. svictor

svictor Registered

Sounds like you have some files corrupted (it's common to see SSD failure). Try extract a new tinypedal copy to a new separated location and run from there (if works, you can copy over your old config.json and deltabest to the new one).

3. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Thank you svictor, this is an amazing enhancement to my endurance races :) Used for the first time during my 6 hours in SPA ... really useful.
    I have a new requirement if it's possible: is it possible to show the TeamName instead of the DriverName for the "Relative" table?
    Thank you in advance.

svictor likes this.
  4. Elgohan

Elgohan Registered

Really good work! It replace widget by widget my all SimHub overlay. :)

Do you plan to add current session leaderboard widget and a map widget?

svictor likes this.
  5. svictor

svictor Registered

v1.6.10 Update - Improved stability and error handling
    DL: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.6.10

Note: This is an important update which addressed the HUD data freeze issue(previoualy some widget would stop updating after game crash or being interrupted.

TinyPedal 1.6.10 (2022-09-30)
    • Core
      • Extended laptime validation period from 2s to 8s in case of game's new cut detection being triggered.
      • Improved Relative module structure.
    • pyRfactor2SharedMemory library
      • Added numeric validation for every sharedmemory data input to eliminate data reading errors during game crash, freeze or unexpected interruption.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    davehenrie, yashiman, Corti and 2 others like this.
  6. svictor

svictor Registered

newindicator.jpg
    TinyPedal 1.7.0 (2022-10-03)

DL: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases

This update mainly adds various improvements and a few new indicators that help endurance race.
    Thanks to DumiBirdF for suggestions and advice.

New customizable options: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/Customization-Guide#gear
    • [New]Fuel Module
      • Moved all fuel usage calculation into the new separated "Fuel Module"
        which runs in a separated thread at a much higher 1000hz refresh rate.
      • Fuel Widget as well as other Widgets now have access to fuel usage info from this module.
      • Ignores pit-in & pit-out lap for more accurate fuel usage report for endurance race.
    • Gear Widget
      • [New]Display low fuel warning beside speed gauge. Default is set to show only for race.
      • [New]Display blue flag warning with customizable text beside speed gauge. Default is set to show only for race.
      • [New]Display sector-based yellow flag warning beside speed gauge. Default is set to show only for race.
      • [New]Added "font_weight_indicator" setting for customizing indicator font weight separately.
      • [New]Added "font_color_speed_limiter" & "bkg_color_speed_limiter" for speed limiter indicator.
      • [New]Added large amount customizable options for new indicators,
        see Gear section in customization guide for details.
    • Misc
      • Updated customization guide with new configurable setting for Gear Widget.
      • Updated features list.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    Danny Wilde, TJones, felan and 14 others like this.
  7. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Thanks, once again, for your amazing contribution to the rF2 community!

mesfigas and svictor like this.
  8. Trevor

Trevor Registered

I just started getting into RF2 and TinyPedal has put it completely over the top for me, so thank you for all the work you've done on this so far. It's brilliant. Spent a few hours already customizing the config file and I'm getting just absolutely perfectly tailored to me, it's great.

Question: Is it possible for the app to remember not only the last placement of the on-screen widgets, but relative positions on different monitors? I am placing the relative times, session and best lap/last lap widgets on a 10" screen next to my main monitor, and I place the widgets for gear, tires, fuel, delta (everything else I like using) on small 5" screen that is mounted right in front of my wheel, like a dash screen in the real car.

For now I just drag everything back to the screen I want to appear on and that obviously works, but also obviously, I would love to not have to do that every time!

9. Trevor

Trevor Registered

Wait! Ignore my question… all day long I kept having to replace widgets on my extra screen, but I just booted up again and they appeared where I last left them, on the external screens.
    So I guess that works already, excellent

svictor likes this.
  10. svictor

svictor Registered

upload_2022-10-7_18-49-36.png
    TinyPedal 1.8.0 (2022-10-07)
    DL: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v1.8.0

This update added frequently requested features for Relative & Radar Widget for displaying additional players/vehicles.

Customization: https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/wiki/Customization-Guide#radar
    Make sure to run the APP once to generate the new options for customization.

• Relative Widget
      • [New]Relative Widget now displays up to 6 additional players (3 front & 3 behind, total 13),
        which is customizable via new "additional_players_front" & "additional_players_behind" option in config.json.
        Default is set to show 0 additional players. See customization guide for details.
    • Radar Widget
      • [New]Radar Widget now displays up to 18 additional vehicles (9 front & 9 behind, total 25),
        which is customizable via new "additional_vehicles_front" & "additional_vehicles_behind" option in config.json.
        Default is set to show 8 additional vehicles (4 front & 4 behind). See customization guide for details.
    • Core
      • Updated Relative Module to support additional players/vehicles display for Relative Widget & Radar Widget.
    • Misc
      • Updated customization guide with new configurable setting for Relative & Radar Widget.

makan, TJones, ebeninca and 5 others like this.
  11. Trevor

Trevor Registered

great update. Love being able to add more rows to the Relative widget, I now have five ahead and five behind and it's just right.

Had an idea... it would be possible to create multiple widget layouts for different cars by duping the config file, and giving the copy a new name that includes the car. Do that every time you want to adjust layout for a given car, based on what you want to see on the real dash or other visibility reasons. Then you would only have to copy/paste the text from the car-specific config into the main config, launch TinyPedal and you'd have everything pixel-perfect for each car instead of dragging widgets.

I'm probably more particular about my pixel perfect placement than most! But I'm almost certainly going to start doing this to have an ideal experience in any car I want to drive. (thought of it after going from the Porsche RSR with no onboard display because I drive with the steering wheel hidden, and then went to the McLaren 720S which has a nice dash full of info that I want to see, but I didn't move my widgets around because I didn't want to wreck the organized layout I created based on the Porsche!)

Capeta likes this.
  12. Trevor

Trevor Registered

are there any performance optimizations that are possible? TinyPedal seems to be causing some stutters every now and then, regardless of my graphics settings.

Ryzen 5600x / RTX 3060ti / 16gb system memory. TinyPedal is installed on my C drive where Windows runs, and RF2 is on my D drive with all of my Steam library and other sims.

I've experimented quite a bit. I can set all graphics to High and have steady fps in the 100 to 144 range if TinyPedal isn't running. With TinyPedal running, my fps drops of course but stays in absolutely acceptable ranges, 70 to 120 or so. The issue is that I'll get these short freezes and stutters, and what's interesting is that the current lap timing and delta to my best lap will reset. If I'm running a lap within a few tenths in the delta widget, when the stutter happens, the delta will change to something like 20 seconds or 12 seconds. TinyPedal will also think that I'm on an impossibly fast lap, predicting a lap time many many seconds faster than any fast lap could be.

I know that each widget represents an incremental increase in processing necessary to share... is that the only optimization available, or is there anything else I can do to try to get TinyPedal to take less away from RF2?

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I think the problem is your PC or rF2 installation. Don't think tiny pedal can take away so much power from your CPU...

Anyway try with less widgets and see if it gets better..

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

This didn't work (edited) or couldn't find it in .json file... can you help please on how to do it?

15. svictor

svictor Registered

run 1.8.0 version once, then exit, then open config.json, and you can find it.

Rui Santos likes this.
  16. Trevor

Trevor Registered

I may actually try reinstalling RF2 now that you mention it. I haven’t in awhile and not since getting back into it in a big way. Might be smart to give it a clean start.

I am also going to try moving my tinypedal installation to the same drive that runs RF2, maybe that’s part of the issue. Because I agree that it doesn’t seem as though TinyPedal should cause any noticeable hit to performance. I use 9 of the available widgets so not even the full set available.

Rui Santos likes this.
  17. Capeta

Capeta Registered

I have a 8700K, 1660 Super, 32GB DDR4 3200 and no problem caused by TinyPedal, and I ran 24h of Le Mans twice online this summer with it.
    Plus some others multihours multiclass races.
    Most of the time, If I feel the game is limited by my system, it's track optimization or the rF2 race session being more "hungry" than practice.

18. Trevor

Trevor Registered

Interesting… would your 32gb of ram improve these things remarkably compared to my 16gb? I’ve come to RF2 from ACC where ram barely seemed to matter at all, but on the other hand I used Z1 dashboard with acc which must be much more resource consuming because it completely crushed RF2 when I tried it.

19. Capeta

Capeta Registered

svictor and Trevor like this.
  20. Trevor

Trevor Registered

Thank you - this is a whole new area for me (not all that PC and Windows literate, lifelong Mac user with a PC just for racing). This is brilliant, giving this a thorough read today.