Game crashing after installing DLC

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Stephane Tudela, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Stephane Tudela

Stephane Tudela Registered

Hi there,
    First of all, sorry for my english, far from perfect : I'm french.
    I play RFACTOR 2 in VR version for several days. No particularly problem since today : I've bought a few DLC, installed them correctly, checked that it was well installed but when I want to ply with my new cars and tracks, the game closes systematically after the loading page.
    I've switched off Steam several times, I've turned off my computer too, but nothing changes. I just can't use RFactor 2 anymore.
    Thanks for your help.
    Stephane

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It's a known issue right now, should have a fix soon.

3. Stephane Tudela

Let's hope it won't take too much time to fix it. It's VERY SICK to spend money for DLC and realize that you cant use your entire game anymore.
    I Hope there will be a way to negociate somerhing for that fail.

4. Stephane Tudela

In another words: is it fair to discover these bugs after spending money for DLC ? IS IT SERIOUS? Do you have an idea of the cost of thèse games? It's insane !!!

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Every country has different laws regarding what can be refunded or not, so my guess would be do not expect a refund IF they get it fixed soon. I would assume this is a rather new occurrence as this is the first post I've seen about this issue. Which cars or tracks did you purchase?
    Steam has a very narrow refund window, usually just two hours If you have used or tried to use the item. Installing, even if not being able to use them most likely be considered using the items.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

DLC is 48 hour refund window, regardless of use.

I think Coutie is referring to a number of crash reports in terms of the known issue, though i don't know what type of crash or other factors are involved.