Carrera4 tracks overhaul for 86/88 Historical Edition by Trollray

Discussion in 'Locations' started by trollray, Dec 30, 2021.

1. trollray

trollray Registered

1.jpg

Finally, i'm a modder lol ;)

Lars, vava74, Emery and 18 others like this.
  2. datasting

datasting Registered

Top Job!

vava74 likes this.
  3. pascom

pascom Registered

Excellent!

vava74 likes this.
  4. datasting

datasting Registered

5. vava74

vava74 Registered

@trollray presumably Mexico will be one of your next jobs, right? Let me know, as I have an idea...

6. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi, some good news.

All the tracks are done now with the new meshes and each road textures are modded to match the ambiance and colors of the tarmac of real tracks from those years.
    Brands hatch is redone with some better buildings as you have see some of them.
    It still not a totally accurate version of 1986 but that do the job imho.
    (This is a convertion originally made by Crabcrust and @philrob, thanks to them again ;) )

As i said already, this package will be released with all the cars of 1986 f1 season.
    We just have to wait @doddynco for the cars.

@vava74 you could contact me on a conversation if you want ;)

Cheers and stay tuned

Lars, JoeP1, atomed and 5 others like this.
  7. Patrick Knipe

Patrick Knipe Registered

Any chance a revisit of the 88 Detroit track to remove the final chicane onto the start straight could happen? I know its not how it was used for F1 but it would go great with Chiefs 1990 Cart mod.

vava74, pascom and Bill Worrel like this.
  8. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I was running the CART mod tonight and was wondering the same.

Also adding the chicane at turn 5 for the 1982 layout would go well with @EmperorOfFinland 1982 F1 mod.

I'm guessing that's not an easy change, so I'm just looking forward to trying out what's available.

9. gianluca

gianluca Registered

If the Indy series and the F1 used different layouts, then maybe is better to have both layouts as options, if possible.
    But this is the F1 mod, so if it's not possible he should keep the F1 layouts.

vava74 and pascom like this.
  10. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

I dont think the change would be that hard to make. just move some barriers around in blender. the road already exists for the hairpin. i will probably do that change myself next year.

Detroit Hairpin.png

The hairpin would be about here so the change would not be that big. just put barriers around the roadsides and thats it.

pascom likes this.
  11. trollray

trollray Registered

@EmperorOfFinland ,

Should i have something to say or should i leave you my work?

I will be very clear here.
    I don't think your motivations are wrong, but, before saying that you will do the mod on this track, probably it's nice to ask others authors about that.
    That's the second time i answer you that you need to respect this.
    This is the last time.

All modders, and you of course, put a lot of free time to help having a better sim, with lots of contents, also for free.
    At least, the respect of the work done is the only rewarding that all modders are right to receive.
    I don't think you would have a good feeling if someone tells that he would mod your work on 1982 cars for his own work without asking you.

I have made this mistake one time by too much precipitations and motivations maybe like you.
    I have corrected it with the authors and still stayed in good relationships.

That's something very important in my eyes. Please respect that.
    Even the title of this thread is a credit to his original author that i respect as all modders (even you still now ;) )

Thanks for understanding that.

For the proposal of the other tracks layout now.

- First, let us @doddynco and i, have the pleasure to release this mod ;)
    - Next, i would said that this task was not in my knowledge before but i'm more and more confident about Blender and other tools, so, i think it would be something possible to do.
    But it's not so simple because the racesurface meshes and ground surfaces should have to be redone in some parts.
    The UV mapping of the new ground have to be redo too to match the original parts.
    But, yes, this is something possible of course but still a lot of work.

I could even consider some collaboration but this should stay a pleasure and in a mutual respect.

I don't want to break the hopes of the dreamers that we all are here i think. ;)

F1, CART, or any other historical content have all my attention.
    Be sure that i consider this.

Cheers ;)

Bostrom, datasting, pascom and 5 others like this.
  12. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

Im planning to ask the permission but since it will be probably like 6 months before i have time for that i will ask when its more nearer to me. i just mentioned that i will mostlikely end up doing and i forgot to put that i would ask permissions as in my mind before i do anything i would need to ask that so i did not mention it.

I am indeed well aware of the permission thing. i would not do it without your permission anyways. i just mentioned that it would not be that hard to do for myself that does not mean its easy. I always respect the permissions myself. :)

pkelly, pascom, Corti and 1 other person like this.
  13. trollray

trollray Registered

Happy people in a happy world ;)

Cheers

Eric Rowland, pkelly, pascom and 2 others like this.
  14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

About different layouts, if you are interested in a osterreichring no chicane version
    some friends have done it (on 1.0 version of the track) for a private event.
    If you like I could ask to share it to you and in case you can easily past/copy aiw and removed object on your updated version for an addictional no chicane version

pascom likes this.
  15. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Hey trollray, I think Emperor was just offering the possibility of doing a 1982 version in the future. I think some things get lost in translation in pure text. On reading his message I don't think he intended to step on any toes or disrespect the current work in any way.

The way I interpret the message, and the message he was replying to is something like: 'Yes a 1982 version of the layout is certainly possible, and this is something I can help bring about, however not something I can look into until next year'.

pkelly and Bernat like this.
  16. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi all, as i have explained in this thread https://forum.studio-397.com/index....s-pack-historical-demo-released.65848/page-18
    i'm pretty ready with all the tracks.

We have discussed with @doddynco and we think of releasing the tracks before the cars !

A very good news (imho) is that i'm working now on the 1988 season cars too and i've found the way to implement two
    different layouts per tracks.
    One for 1986 season and one for 1988 season, both will have different pitboxes ( with correct team logos etc ), some variations in textures too (some rumbles colors where different, etc..)
    But this method will lead to a smaller package to download.;)

When i say a smaller package, think that when all our project will be done,
    the mod will be giving to you :

- All cars historics from f1 1986 season
    - All tracks historic from f1 1986 season
    - All cars historic from f1 1988 season
    - All tracks historic from f1 1988 season
    - Talent files for both
    - Cameras
    - New road mesh simulatating laser scan surface and bumps
    - AIW path specific for F1 86 and 88
    - All engine sounds
    - All new physics
    etc..

So 18 tracks and about 50 cars (need to count them lol )

That said, i'm pretty excited to release the 1986 layouts in the following days.
    I need to adjust and last check all AIW path or so to give you a bug free update ( or as good as i can ;) )

Hope you will like our first part of this huge work.

Last but not least :
    This work would not be possible without the main authors of the base mods.
    All credits to @carrera4 @philrob @ChiefWiggum @Postipate @senormen @crustycrab (Really hope i don't forget someone :s)
    And all those who helped me like:
    @svictor @redapg @Mauro @Manfredk2 and all others that i forgot to mention.

Cheers and stay tuned, the wait is nearly over (i pomise lol )

Bernat, GPNeville, Dale B and 18 others like this.
  17. vava74

vava74 Registered

Incredible job guys, just incredible...

atomed and trollray like this.
  18. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

The AI cars speed through the pit lane until they reach their pit box in Detroit. Is there any way they can slow down when they enter pit lane?

19. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

There were no pit lane speed limits in F1 until 1994.

atomed, vava74 and Mauro like this.
  20. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Sorry I have to report again - this time with the F1 93 mod and had again the problems that a bunch of cars were crawling around the track (Ö-Ring) but this time really with about 10 km/h - tried few times and then tried on original Carr.1988 Silverstone track and on newest 397 Monza and the cars were all only 5 sec apart - no problems with the mod. So there might be a setting or config that produces such problems on this trackpack. I had similar problems years ago at the Monza track (not from 397 or Carr.) - there were the Lotus drivin alog with about 20 km/h. I really like your great updates to the tracks and maybe you find something to make it working.
    This is the Skinpack (Mod) for the McLaren from 397 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2867090821