[REL] Porsche Cayman GT4 Manthey MR V2.01.

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frederick Alonso, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Thanks Nick, I love your little Honda as well ;)

Nick9320 likes this.
  2. Frederick Alonso

Found that the amount red tone on my wiping texture (png) has too much opacity, causing the wipers to leave more water on the windshield.

Will update that once the Supra will be released (both cars will be matched in BOP) and also I will release a GT4 CUP mod uniting the GT4's that suit the mod.

If Enduracers would approve to use their car with new physics we will add them as well. It's a min request from our physics maker, she knows what is going on. That way we don't mess with someone else his code, keep the BOP very tight and can I really bring forward the EU GT4 Open series in the long term.

I have totally no clue at the moment. Some say both the S397 Cup and my car are having this issue but I know both cars have nothing to do with eachother (S397 Cup and the Cayman). Question is, what is at cause? If I Google for black flashing VR, the internet is full of issues with it.

Some people reported it happens only when cars are driving over the start line, seems more like a bug in some way.

Also it can be because I use high res 4K textures all over the car. Maybe VR is really on the edge to represent it all very sharp.

Once I have more money, I will get myself a VR but that is probably something for next year.
    At the moment I can only guess what it can be while I cannot test at all.

In my music studio I get audio drop outs when my audio buffer is working 100% (doing 40 audio channels together for example). So maybe it's just a VR buffer thing.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    memoNo1, makan, Bostrom and 5 others like this.
  3. Frederick Alonso

Someone on my discord server seemed to have an issue to get a new windows texture working in game.

My guess is a wrong texture format, you need alpha to get it working.
    Both exports work
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

After making the ALT folder

[​IMG]
    Then I add the altwindows.dds with alpha -> a PSD template is on my website which makes your life much simpler.
    [​IMG]

And something else everybody seems to forget, the car has also the option to change the rollcage color.
    altrollcage.dds (basic color) will change the normal white to whatever you want.
    Yellow in this example.[​IMG]
    Size for the rollcage texture can be 32 by 32 up to all doubles of this with a max 4096 pixels size, always square format. Originally it's a 4096 white texture with some shadows of the internal chassis on it. But it does not really matter, you can take a simple base color (non metallic) and use it if you really want to give it that extra personal touch.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    Bostrom, memoNo1, pety100 and 2 others like this.
  4. Akon Michi

Akon Michi Registered

5. Frederick Alonso

makan likes this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Hi Frederick.
    Have you some news about the Supra?

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  7. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

Hey Frederick,

Just completed our multiclass series using your GT4 Cayman paired with Storm Gang Simulation GTs - it was a blast and everyone driving the Cayman really enjoyed it. Thanks for getting this mod into rF2!

8. Frederick Alonso

The Supra sounds and Physics are WIP at this moment. Meanwhile I also wanted to upgrade the steering wheel of the Cayman, someone did send me a CAD scan of it. The Cayman will get a small upgrade on physics so it becomes a little better then before.

Thanks to Rene for the solid words on the Cayman. It shows that the people we asked feedback on where saying the correct things about the Cayman behavior in real life.

Listen to what he says at 1:47:50

April is fixing a few tyre issues and understeering gremlins at the Cayman to make sure our latest 'fix' will be spot on.. :)

Here the new steering model I made over the CAD.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also a big thank you to support the Cayman on Low Fuel Motorsport events, happy the hard work is finding it's way in the right hands :)

9. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello.

I want to say I hadn't driven the car for quite some months but came back to it since a guy in our Mansion bought a 718(non GT4) and he is teasing my AMG:p
    anyway, I fired it up this morning and made a couple of observation maybe other users or Frederick can help

1. Doing some laps at Monza, I found the car not providing much road details, its very subtle. I moved to the Alpine A110 GT4 mod and in comparison road details fee is higher. Might have something to do with suspension set-up maybe but I am curious to better understand this
    2. The other thing I noticed straight away is that my wheel was quite "grainy" borderline "notchy" in my 1st run so I had to increase smoothing in FFB setting quite high to overcome this but feeling is still there and that's not nice

again no criticism or whatever because the looks and sound of this Mod is just amazing so maybe I am doing something wrong on these 2 issues I am mentioning

any guidance appreciated

Thanks in advance

10. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Damn

I have raced rF2 for esports all of it's existance and stumbled upon this car in a Low Fuel Motorsport race in Nordschleife.
    It's the best thing I've driven on rF2! Somehow the behaviour of the suspension, the neutrality of the car and willingness to rotate without sliding, the way the slip angle works and doesnt melt the tyre, it's just so much more detailed and logical than almost all of S397's content. Such a breath of fresh air, awesome job and thank you.

11. instinkt

instinkt Registered

I love how it drives but I have 2 minor issues with it
    the rev match with any hud is weird
    and engine sound is much louder than in other cars

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  12. Frederick Alonso

Hud is not related to the car and real life the Cayman is the loudest of all GT4's.

pkelly likes this.
  13. instinkt

instinkt Registered

maybe but it isn't user friendly when I need to change it in options every time I start using it because I can't hear people on discord :D

14. Frederick Alonso

More updates:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next up, new rear bumper.

15. Frederick Alonso

For those interested, I will be hosting a UK championship with the Cayman and later on with more GT4 cars.
    The top 10 drivers get their hands on Fuji first.

>>> Event

Tracks: Silverstone // Thruxton // Croft // Oulton Park // Brands Hatch // Donington Park

It's a free to join event with 75% damage and respectful driving.
    The server is running 24h so people can tweak setups and practice as they wish.
    Races are automatically after Q.
    Preferred hours of races: CET 10 till 12 PM. You can enter two races that way on Friday / Sunday / Monday.

Bostrom, makan, DanRZ and 1 other person like this.
  16. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Pinging Frederick if you could advise on these 2 things I have noticed with what is for sure a great car
    thanks

PS any chance to make caster adjustable in the future?

17. Frederick Alonso

April is working day and night for the new physics, me on my side have done a lot new 3D updates and also made the car work in the new audio engine. Our goal is to have a new update out by end next week.

Because the physics might slightly be different, it's best we fine tune FFB after that stage.

Have a nice christmas guys ;)

Hazi, pkelly, zxd1997 and 12 others like this.
  18. Frederick Alonso

[​IMG]
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2648433641

By April Carslvard aka @lemming77 (Physics) :

- Restored old tire grip
    - Modified weight & ride heights to match real life SRO GT4 BOP 2022
    - Reduced weight distribution changes
    - Other misc weight distribution & inertia recalculation
    - New suspension geometry to more accurately reflect Macpherson strut front & rear
    - Softened dampers overall to better fit optimal damping theory
    - Using new TC & ABS features in rF2
    - Using new engine cooling features in rF2
    - Engine fuel use recalculated
    - Engine overrev damage has been increased
    - Downshift protection added
    - Brakes adjusted to behave more consistently and give more strength more often
    - Separate front & rear brake ducts

By me :

- New 3D modelled bumpers
    - One rim to reduce poly draw
    - New sound engine
    - Added on LCD -> TC and ABS indicators, also work when non active >> Rookie indicators
    - 30 K reduced polycount
    - 9 New skins, 42 total
    - Many updates on modelling
    - Cam file update (Full center for driver and other camera tweaks)

- 6 Cars are available with old SFX to have a plan B ready in case users experience issues with new sound engine:
    Old SFX options will be active if you select these cars from 2.01:
    5 Tamiya Racing
    5 Alpendruck Racing
    22 Valluga Racing
    66 Schutz Motorsport
    99 PWZN Racing
    168 Mathol Racing

By @haasje33 :

- Update on all Icons
    - Testing
    - Packing

Future:
    New 3D steering/mapping and buttons is for a next update, meanwhile we can implement hotfixes if needed.
    The focus of this update (I think it's more a fresh release) was Online gaming performance and more fun. It's recommended to remove V1.15 and install 2.00 & 2.01.

Thanks to LFM we can have people experience free fun in RF2!
    [​IMG]

The car is serving as test platform for us, all constructive feedback is welcome to make the GT4 physics better. On of my private real life Cayman drivers reported this latest V2 is almost spot on, we only have a bit too much speed while the physics are a copy paste from real life data. Question is what is causing the speed difference in game, we also notice this on DLC level...

Meanwhile I'm working on Fuji and will start on the BMW followed by Aston Martin.

makan, Andregee, pkelly and 9 others like this.
  19. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

Great update, a lot of time and work has been invested again. Thank you guys. :)

Rogger and Frederick Alonso like this.
  20. Frederick Alonso

Some LFM feedbacks on day one :)[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very happy with these, in next update I think we will get it at studio level on all levels. :cool:

Rogger, delapecs, makan and 15 others like this.