Extremely Dangerous Unexpected Behavior in rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by prceurope, Jun 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Thanks for the (honest) answer. I thought it shouldn’t be hard to fix though. There have been some rather simple solutions proposed in this thread. One would be to limit torque to e.g. 1Nm or speed when centering the wheel. If it’s not that simple then at least you could introduce a warning message so that user should let go of the wheel and only after he acknowledges the warning the wheel would center.

delapecs likes this.
  2. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Another workaround would be to not reset the wheel at all.

3. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered

I use to have the AccuForce Pro V2 and this was something that happened from time to time even in iRacing.
    iRacing was mostly when crossing the start finish line there was a Jolt for some reason.

rFactor 2 had a similar event also at start finish or crossing the green pit lights. Seems to possibly be related to design and also DD specific.

I have el cheapo wheel now and it does not occur this way. Also min. force feedback and dampening was something that helped where it seems that going from zero force feedback with no dampening to game created effect of dampening or adding feedback created some type of jolt feedback in the control.

I don't know really but just I recall adding some dampening to the wheel and setting min. force feedback in game helped.
    I don't know why el cheapo seems unaffected by this.

However, I can say that setting my wheel lock / ratio too low causes el cheapo to over react even down pit lane it makes all sort of racket and noise, and vibrates like crazy. I have no idea why but Le Mans for example.

If I set steering rotation to 900 and lock anything less then 200 then the wheel is crazy. I have no doubt that Accurforce would have tossed me out of the chair LOL.

Anyhow I would experiment with lock to see if there is a calc issue that might be creating this problem.
    Only thing I can think of that seemed to help adjust some of this.

4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

@Coutie
    A year passed since last message and the problem hasn’t been fixed. When I click Restart race, wheel tries to re-center. For me it’s usually only around 5Nm of force, so it’s not that dangerous. But yesterday I restarted race quickly after a big crash and it felt like it used maximum force or near maximum of my SC2 Pro. If I weren’t prepared for that it could easily break my fingers or worse.
    Please give it a higher priority

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
    The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  5. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I thought it was resolved. For the last recent months, I only remember a few times where I have experienced something like this. Though I still keep my fingers away when restarting etc. just in case.

6. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

Simucube Pro, same problem here…

7. PedroJ

PedroJ Registered

Moza user here, i don´t have that problem, but had with other wheels, maybe because in the Moza software we have a function to mitigate that or solve that. I also don´t use dampening in the software, it doesn´t feel natural, but is the default for rf2 in the Moza software, some dampening.

Sorry, forget my post, haven´t read all the forum before posting.