The end of rfactor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dalmation, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

I got told that the owner of rfactor is ending. Motorsport games? I am worried that because I got told rfactor is ending at end of this year and no more updates. What is worse if will be removed and new people won’t able to play it. This is making me worried because I don’t want to lose my acess to rfactor? I got told these things from lots of people so they must be true or can rfactor tell us it is staying?

2. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Don't believe everything you hear.

Leonardo1962, memoNo1, atomed and 3 others like this.
  4. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do you realise you're quoting people (their posts) and not saying anything?

6. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

I got told these things so I don’t unsure what to believe. I got worried because we might not expect it when it ends so should we not worry? The best thing is rfactor to tell us the rumours are false. Can we do something to help?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just play the game. That's the best thing you can do for it.

8. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

Well I got worried because if I buy new it could be taken away. I’m having a fear that rfactor will end when we could have done something? I got told to much things about I ending so it has stressed me out. And I’m worried because no one from rfactor has said it will continue?

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They're not going to respond/reply to every rumour.

When people say 'stuff', ask them for proof. Hint: they won't have any.

Now, what's the worst that could happen? rF2 stops getting developed at all, probably the CS closes down. Do you use the CS? Multiplayer on privately owned servers would continue. Offline would continue. So you aren't going to lose anything you have, or buy soon, even in the worst case. What's very likely is that rF2 continues (with or without MSG) for years to come.

So: don't worry about it. It's wasted energy and emotion.

@Dalmation look, while I'm here, some general advice: care less about things people say about things, about rF2, about you. If you take everything to heart you're going to ride a rollercoaster for no reason, for no gain. Just find something (or things) you enjoy and focus on them.

memoNo1, trichens, redapg and 2 others like this.
  10. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No. And if it did, it wouldn't be removed from Steam.

Emery, trichens, atomed and 1 other person like this.
  11. azaris

azaris Registered

Assetto Corsa has been abandoned by its devs and is more popular than ever. If for some reason S397 and all the licenses went poof, at worst rF2 would get delisted from Steam (like Project CARS 1/2) but if you owned it you could still play it. It's not like RaceRoom that is totally dependent on the developer's servers.

The Iron Wolf and Emery like this.
  12. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Nothing is certain but as examples rFactor 1 is still for sale on Steam, older games are available as abandonware.

13. Everything has been said before - if it comes to rumour I have to say that on regular basis people are telling (me) that band XYZ will stop playing and split or quit ... and then there is another concert, another tour, another album released ... ;-)

MSG seems to have "problems" - but how this will affect (if true) rF2 can hardly be foreseen. rF is - as AC - one of the few ones which is "mod friendly" which is IMHO a big advantage and will keep it alive for another couple of years (also WMD would have called the actual rF2 v1130 release rF9 or so ...).

14. lagg

lagg Registered

I remember, in 2007, the first time that Rolling Stones played their "suposedly" last concert in Spain...

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  15. In 1994/95 I was working at a warehouse ... the department leader told me one day he would like to visit the Stones in Cologne because it would be their last concert ever ;-)

lagg likes this.
  16. lagg

lagg Registered

I went to Madrid for the same reason.
    Impresive concert and how Mick Jagger ran for two hours at 64 years old.

davehenrie likes this.
  17. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

I got told developments would end? If rfacto ends can we move to a new replacement or can we help continue developing it maybe?

18. lagg

lagg Registered

FERNANDO CABRERA likes this.
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I tried to watch the Martin Scorcese film about their concert in NYC. BLECH. Standing around between songs for several minutes, then launching right into many famous tunes WITHOUT the guitar intros. I'll watch the last Led Zep concert or Dire Straits or Rush concert videos and be very well entertained, but that mess?

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

(this is not directed for @lagg but all the chicken littles) We have to remember, that IF MSG hopes to survive, beyond any bankruptcy proceedings, then they must use rF2 for the near future at the very least. Besides, how are they gonna milk us the remaining BTCC cars if rF2 is gone? ? ?

Deleted member 58016 and lagg like this.