Modding Handbook - rFactor2

Discussion in 'Modding' started by FuNK!, Apr 13, 2022.

?

Would you be interested in a "Modding Handbook - rFactor2"?

Poll closed Jul 13, 2022.
  1. Yes, and I may also contribute too!

27.5%
  2. Yes!

72.5%
  3. Undecided, maybe I will use it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Undecided, but likely not interested.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, not interested at all!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

TBH it was my first attempt, I can do better now ;)

LEDFY -> I'm almost sure you can even add a full overlay on the LCD and make the full LCD become yellow if you want or change the background color to yellow for example when a Full course yellow is active.

LEDPSR / LEDPSY / RPM / SPEED / Laps / RPM / Gears / Speed / Place / LCD / Aids / FuelLevelDigit / WaterTempDigit / OilTempDigit / LastLap / BestLap / BrakeBias / EngineMixture / BoostMap / BrakeMap / TTempLF / TTempLR / TTempRF / TTempRR / TPressLF / TPressLR / TPressRF / TPressRR / TCMap / ABSMap

ebeninca likes this.
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

Just to add something. :)
    I would recommend to not use the default Material Names LEDFR, LEDFY, LEDFB, ....for the Warning LEDs.
    The Reason is, that it will lead to Conflicts, when a Car gets loaded before your Car, that also uses that Names, but another Texture.
    In that Case, that Texture will also be used for your LEDs and if it's very different, your LEDs will look weird.
    To avoid that, ISI did introduce the Possibility, to use the Names with an own Syntax, that has to be entered into the Cockpitinfo.ini.
    It is the Entry
    WARNINGLED=....
    where you, for Example can use BMW_M4_LED (WARNINGLED=BMW_M4_LED), to make it more unique.
    And the LED Material Names have to be BMW_M4_LEDFB, BMW_M4_LEDFY, BMW_M4_LEDFB,... then.
    The same Thing can be doe with the RpM LEDs, with the Cockpitinfo.ini Entry
    RPMLED=

ebeninca, Corti and FuNK! like this.
  3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Not sure if anyone interested, but the manual received a couple of updates. Changes were submitted to the source on Github and I've uploaded the updated html build. :cool:

Juergen-BY, McFlex, Corti and 5 others like this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello Sven, that is a really ambitioned Project. :)
    May i suggest to put the 2 Links into the first Post too, that interested Users can find it easier?
    And i have seen on THIS Site, that you don't have the old rF1 MAS Tool anymore.
    I can help out here, because i still have the rF-MAStools.exe from 2005. ;)
    Here it is:

Attached Files:

FuNK! and Corti like this.
  5. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Oh, it is. But also fun (at least for me) :D
    Good point! Had put links in my signature but not there. Will modify the first post later! ;)
    That page is basically a copy&paste from the legacy documentation, so I did remove links and put a note only. I do also have all the tools and stuff still on file in my archives. However, I did not revisit the legacy documentation yet to add missing stuff or finalize the formatting :oops: Anyway, thank you very much for your continuous support! :cool:

Corti and redapg like this.
  6. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

First post updated ;)

Corti, redapg and Emery like this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

@FuNK! This Time i did remember to post something Modding related (Track -> AIW) here. :)
    I did have a Request, to check why the AI on the S397 Silverstone Historic Chicane Layout didn't pit and ran out of Fuel.
    The Problem was, that the Pit Waypoint Path did cross the main Waypoint Path.
    I would recommend to avoid that on whole Length of the Pit Waypoint Path.

Juergen-BY, FuNK! and Corti like this.
  8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thanks, will add this to the list! :cool:

Corti likes this.
  9. Daveybird

Daveybird Registered

Yes, please. Thaaaaaanks!! Especially good for the TGMs and Suspendion INIs and other stuff that are unique to rF2 and those of us who made rF1 mods are losing sleep over, lol.