Log of new track limits system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, Sep 15, 2022.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Greetings community.
    We are really liking the new track limits system, especially because it takes away an unpleasant job for the marshals, but there are times when it is difficult to explain to a driver what he did wrong to be sanctioned, if we do not have a record of what happened to be able to study it.
    I have to say that after many tests forcing the system, I have not found any completely inexplicable situation, it is true that there are some situations where it requires you to return the position that should not occur, but what happened can still be explained.
    The problem comes when any pilot asks for explanations, that we cannot review anything from the organization to give him an explanation, therefore, a record of these warnings and sanctions for track limits would be very useful.

Thanks.

lagg likes this.
  2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

They are logged in the trace file, only on each client though.

lagg likes this.
  3. JParra

JParra Registered

So now nothing can be done about a past race without the "+trace=2" set in the launch options?

And if this parameter is put, then in the trace.txt of \rFactor 2\UserData\Log we can see the track limits warnings.

I'm right?

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

correct, it logs when you leave the track, when you rejoin the track and finally when any penalty is given (or not).