Fanatec wheelbase FFB damper spamming

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Monkey T., Sep 2, 2022.

1. Monkey T.

Monkey T. Registered

Hi,
    Don't know if this is the right place to make this thread, but with Fanatec wheelbases (can only personally confirm it for the CSL DD, since I own that) every time a server changes session or you press escape/alternate escape it spams the damper channel (again to a Fanatec employee which said to tell that to tell that here) and after a couple of times this causes to end up messing up the FFB to the point where it feels broken and I have to restart the game and the wheelbase for it to be temporarily normal again...until it happens again. Is this something that is known, fixable, fixable in the future or something like that?

I saw others have it an talk about it on the fanatec forums a while ago and a person from fanatec told them it was something on rF2s side (which would seem logical, since no other game or sim has this behavior) and that it should be asked to fix this from rF2s' side. So that's why I am making this thread (couldn't find anything about this on the forums here with the help off the search function, but I could ofcourse not have searched correctly)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't recall the current/latest status of this, but there were several threads on this topic a while ago.

Some had improvements by disabling the 'steering resistance' in their controller profile (controller.json, or your custom profile if you load one). Here's one of those threads for further reference, I've linked to the post mentioning the possible fix (I think): https://forum.studio-397.com/index....t-drive-degradation.70220/page-2#post-1081463

I've also seen Fanatec quoted as advising to put NFR on 0.

Regarding fanatec generally, please note that their own recommended FFB settings are not recommended by knowledgeable people. So if you're using those you'll also be able to improve your overall experience by finding some alternative settings here or on discord.

3. Monkey T.

Monkey T. Registered

Thanks for the response, will check the suggested things from those threads out, should I delete this thread (if I can, haven't looked at it yet) since this has been discussed in other threads?
    I'm already not using NFR nor am I using the Fanatec recommended FFB settings on the wheelbase.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I wouldn't say so, different threads get named differently and people search for their issue differently, so yours might help someone later.

5. Stefan Donath

Stefan Donath Registered

6. doublephil

doublephil Registered

This problem is reported since 2021 I think and no fix in view

delapecs likes this.