G923 not working after Logitech G-HUB latest update

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by kro388th, Sep 11, 2022.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hi, It's like the game & the wheel don't recognize each other anymore, the game is stuck with a default center spring effect and not using any of rF2 amazing FFB effects, no curbs, no road feel, no crash into wall effects NOTHING! just a way to firm center spring effect o_O . I have tried to re-calibrate, turned off any steam controller stuff, verified rf2 files, built a new profile for rf2 in G-HUB but nothing helps . the two are not playing together, I can tell because adjusting the UI menu FFB strength from 100% to 20 % has no effect at all it's just the fixed canned default desktop center spring that the wheel has when not in use.. The gears, peddles steering and key assignments all still work as I had to rebuild a profile when troubleshooting / re-calibrating. My other games are un-affected, ACC & AMS2 still work fine, it's just rF2. :( I'm writing this knowing it's not an rf2 issue but a G-HUB issue & hoping someone else with a G923 has an answer or if there's something else I can do like maybe delete some files or something?? .. I also tried unplugging the wheel and starting the game in keyboard mode then restarting after plugging the wheel in to see if it would somehow fix it, also unplugged and re plugged while the game was running:eek: .. nothing works .it's stuck with no rf2 FFB, and default center spring (that's never there when its working)o_O:cool::confused:
    Thanks for any help!~:)

2. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

I had similar issue my fix was simple
    Uninstall ghub
    Restart pc
    Reinstall ghub (same -latest version)
    Presto all good - weirdly still running latest version but just needed to uninstall-restart-reinstall

kro388th likes this.
  3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Ahh good to know. I found out it's a 'direct input' issue with the latest version. Did you have any profiles to save? and how deep did you go with the uninstall? did you remove everything you could find or simply uninstall with add remove programs & reinstall?

Thanks!

4. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

I opted to delete my profiles, but don’t think it was necessary. I just used the windows ghub uninstall and as soon as I rebooted and reinstalled force feedback was back - including other games which had same issue. I just created new profiles for other games and good to go.

kro388th likes this.
  5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

That worked for me as well & I did save my settings like you suggested and its all good now. wheew, it was a sad day when rf2's FFB didn't work :DThanks!

buzz hornet likes this.