[WIP] F1 1982 League Edition - Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by EmperorOfFinland, Oct 16, 2021.

1. 3377

3377 Registered

It's turbo lag. In the 80's f1 had turbo lag, it was not automatic like in f1 now.
    So no turbo answer time modification needed

2. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

Generally under 8000rpm you have no turbo so you need to run the engine to atleast 8000rpm until the turbo spins up. so you should drive the car between 8000-11000rpm for the most part. but you do have extra 25hp to compensate,

the turbo usually takes 1-2 seconds to spool up after 8000rpm and its like someone just flicked on a lightswitch so it will come extremely violently. you should drive the cars quite similarly to the 1986 cars so when turbo spools up when you dont want it lift the throttle quickly and then apply it gently back.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 237.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 238.png

I mostly ported over the A4 car from RF1 in, i just need to rework the interior cockpit a bit. otherwise its working as intended.

I might tweak the stocksetups again for the cars but im also experimenting with the setups in general.

3. EmperorOfFinland

So i have been working on the mod for couple days, i got an interesting idea, about the mod and i decided to give more choice for the drivers of the mod.

So now the NA car has 3 different engines to pick from.
    that give progressively more highend power at the expense of lowend power and higher fuelconsumption.

So if Cosworth V8 hits 275Kph, The Alfa hits 278Kph and Matra hits 280Kph. The turbo still hits 280kph+ and i decided to make the turbo engine to work with push to pass so now you have only 5 turboptions, but

EngineBoostSpecial=(0,"450hp - Fuelsaving",, 0)
    EngineBoostSpecial=(1,"480hp - Race Low",, 1)
    EngineBoostSpecial=(2,"505hp - Race Med",, 2)
    EngineBoostSpecial=(3,"535hp - Race Max",, 3)
    EngineBoostSpecial=(4,"565hp - Race Extreme",, 4)
    EngineBoostSpecial=(5,"590hp - Qualifying",, 5)

Boost level 5 is cleared for racing so you can use it on race to gain 565hp ie on a straight and then turn it down to save on the engine.

But this engine level only lasts about 50 minutes so you have to be tactical about how youre going to use it and save the revs and the engine with the extra power, it will also make the turbo even heavier as it needs more fuel but now you have extra power.

Qualifying engine works with push to pass now, you press the button and you get unlimited level 6 qualifying boost for aslong as you want to keep it on. So now you cant use qualifying boost on the race. but you can use it on the practice and qualifying with a single press of a button. so no one can abuse it on a race anymore.

UpgradeType="Engine"
    {
    UpgradeLevel="Cosworth V8 Engine"
    {
    Description="Standard 1982 Spec Cosworth DFV with 510hp at 11,000rpm with 11,500rpm redlimit and 350nm of torque at 9,025rpm on race and at qualifying 530hp at 11,000rpm and 366nm at 9,025rpm, While Using 2.639L at max power per min during race"

HDV=[ENGINE]
    HDV=Normal=F1_1982_LE_Engine.ini
    HDV=

}
    F1 1982 Mod Cars 240.png

UpgradeLevel="Alfa V12 Engine"
    {
    Description="Alfa 1982 Spec V12 Engine with 520hp at 12,450rpm and 312nm at 11,450rpm on race and on qualifying 545hp at 12,450rpm and 327nm of torque at 11,450 rpm, While Using 3.211L at max power per min during race"

HDV=[ENGINE]
    HDV=Normal=F1_1982_LE_Engine_Alfa_V12.ini
    HDV=

}

F1 1982 Mod Cars 241.png

UpgradeLevel="Matra V12 Engine"
    {
    Description="Matra 1982 Spec V12 Engine with 530hp at 13,200rpm and 306nm at 11,025rpm on race and in qualifying 555hp at 13,200rpm and 320nm at 11,225rpm, While Using 3.477L at max power per min during race"

HDV=[ENGINE]
    HDV=Normal=F1_1982_LE_Engine_Matra_V12.ini
    HDV=
    }
    }

F1 1982 Mod Cars 242.png

I plan to do this to the turboengine so you have pick between a L4 Single turbo and V6 Twinturbo engine with bit less power but better turbopowercurve ie the turbo kicks in earlier. so you still get the extra power from the engine that has worse driveablility but you have bit easier turbo option too when i get it integrated so the car is bit easier to drive. there will still be normal turbolag, i will make it spool 1500-2500rpm earlier probably. so down from 8000rpm to 6500rpm

As you know the simrace at jacrepagua is today

Next races.png

so there is a NA based track and then a pure turbo track to drive. i hope to see you there. i will update the mod today for the new updates although if i dont get turbo modification fixed i have to probably cut it out of this weeks update but i will add it back in as i get it working. but turbo will atleast have push to pass

vava74, svictor, pkelly and 1 other person like this.
  4. EmperorOfFinland

Okay so i took most of the month off from working on the mod and worked on my novel for the time being and other stuff like that.

However i did update the sound for the Matra V12 and also i Updated the sound for the Alfa V8 Twinturbo.

I did also give ligier the animated drivermodel already and created the driverskins for the drivers. thankfully they were exactly the same so i only had to do one.

So this post is more to say that im working on the mod again. But as you know i cant test the physics with the shoulder so i will work on the graphical aspect of the mod instead of the physics for now.

5. EmperorOfFinland

So if youre wondering the mod is not dead yet. i have just taken some time off as i spent around 6-7 months working on the mod continuously and i decided to take a break on the mod and do something else. I have returned to work on the mod and i have been tweaking stuff on the background and updating the mod.

So as a summary for updates.

0.402 Tweaks the Matra V12 and Alfa V8 Turbo sounds and also tweaks the NA Matra Engine It also adds an animated drivermodel for the Ligier. 11.4.2022

0.405 Updates a bunch of sounds like Matra V12 Alfa V8 Adds Hart L4 Engine for Toleman. March and Fittipaldi Lots of 3d meshing updates for cars. Fixing of the dashes so the dashinstruments show proper values. Ai upscaling of skins and remastering of some skins. Physicstweaks so the cars are considerably more easier to drive at low speeds due to suspensionchanges. Rideheight dropped from 9cm to 6cm and diffuser balanced to produce similar downforce. 17.5.2022

0.407 Tweaks tires but they will be reworked once i get access to 1983 tires soonish it also adds the new ensign reworked model. but that model requires work still and it also changes the sounds to mono Also fixing all the dashmeters on all of the cars. 19.6.2022

So the 0.410 version is on the works and it will add Fittipaldi F8D car for the update. i have also tweaked the matra V12 sound again and its considerably improved. I also fetched a F1 1982 season book so i have access to more data now especially for the historic edition.

Ensign N181 New version.png

Fittipaldi F8D interior.png

Fittipaldi F8D outside.png

All the cars are WIP and require more work but i have managed to get them running properly. but i have not added all the shaders yet. As like we all know 3d modelling skill is not my strongsuite. i basically had to remap both cars almost completely on the carskin side and that took alot of time and was quite painful to do too.

I will have a MRI for shoulder in 7th of july and i can see what is the issue what prevents me from driving the simcars more than 1h at a time 1-2 times per week. So thats why progress has been quite slow. As i cant drive and enjoy the cars and i cant also develop their physics that much either.

I should be getting more data about the 1982 tires soon so i can change the vintage 1975 tires that it runs to more era appropriate tires and that should improve handling considerably. But after i integrate thease cars i think i only miss like couple cars anymore and since shaders are on other cars already the mod is 75% done approximately as most of the remaining issues is 3d model and shader issues. the underlying physics is quite solid at this point.

bigbad, leseb64, vava74 and 11 others like this.
  6. EmperorOfFinland

I have been tweaking the sounds again for the mod and i noticed that most of the cars had a loud transmission whine on them so i decided to fix that and i think i did manage to get it fixed. Sounds are essentially mostly complete at this point.

Here is a video about the sounds

The Theodore TY01 is already mostly ported in, i just need to remap couple objects and generate a skin and its basically done. So that leaves me with Lotus 87B, Williams FW07C, Ensign N180B, Osella FA1C, that i need to add into the mod and then i have all the cars for the mod.

pascom, Hazi, GeraArg and 4 others like this.
  7. EmperorOfFinland

Incase youre wondering the project is not dead. im just working on it on the background and not doing much that i can really show as its been mostly just physics work and rewriting the vehicle file list.

Here are all the cars in various stages of completetion in terms of porting.

Arrows A4
    [​IMG]

Arrows A5
    [​IMG]

Ensign N181B
    [​IMG]

Renault RE30B
    [​IMG]

Ligier JS17B
    [​IMG]

Ligier JS19
    [​IMG]

Fittipaldi F8D
    [​IMG]

Fittipaldi F9
    [​IMG]

Lotus JP87B
    [​IMG]

Lotus JP91
    [​IMG]

March LBT 821
    [​IMG]

Alfa Romeo 179D
    [​IMG]

Alfa Romeo 182
    [​IMG]

Mclaren MP4/1B [​IMG]

Osella FA1C[​IMG]

Brabham BT49D[​IMG]

Brabham BT50[​IMG]

March 821[​IMG]

Ferrari 126C2[​IMG]

Williams FW07C[​IMG]

vava74, Corgan, pascom and 10 others like this.
  8. EmperorOfFinland

Williams FW08[​IMG]

ATS D5
    [​IMG]

Tyrrell 011
    [​IMG]

Theodore TY01
    [​IMG]

Theodore TY02
    [​IMG]

Toleman TG181B
    [​IMG]

Toleman TG183
    [​IMG]

Thats all the cars that are in the mod currently. i still have to add

Ensign N180B, Osella FA1D

After that i have to do 3d model work on couple of the models to fix them and put shaders to all of them as i have not done it yet that's why some of the cars look like i just ported them in as i have focused on phyisics for a while.

Duncan, Corgan, GeraArg and 14 others like this.
  9. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Just perfect, the showroom makes them look way better ;)

datasting and Claudio Navonne like this.
  10. EmperorOfFinland

If you ask me i need to work on the A4 arrows, N181B ensign, F8D Fittipaldi, Lotus N87B, Theodore TY01 and Toleman TG181B

datasting and ebeninca like this.
  11. Porsche962C

Porsche962C Registered

Really looking forward to a Historic adition for this mod!

datasting likes this.
  12. EmperorOfFinland

For that im going to need quite alot of knowledge of the cars what is quite hard to get really.

13. bears

bears Registered

14. EmperorOfFinland

Not really as i have not publicly released the mod. its still under works. i have a planned release date for early january 2023. there is still stuff to do.

Corgan, datasting, pascom and 2 others like this.
  15. jepeto

jepeto Registered

I love thèse cars until wingcars and différents manufacturiers really for m'y 16 years old

16. EmperorOfFinland

I have been working on the collision models of the cars and i just finished them so the cars are less likely to clip into each other. I have managed to merge the code for 5 out of the 18 teams. so that means i have to generate the upgrade files and veh entries for all of the cars. then i have to remap couple cars and work on 3d elements.

Currently the cars drive quite well on their own so most of the handling woes have been fixed.

The mod is on track on the january/february release at the moment. and its 90% complete at this point.

although when i release the beta version i wont allow people to make leagues out of it before next year so i can tweak the car physics and polish the mod over the course of the year. so i will keep the mod unlisted on the workshop until then. as a trade i will get more info about the cars in question and help on physics work so we get a better mod in the end.

GPNeville, pascom, pkelly and 4 others like this.
  17. jepeto

jepeto Registered

Hello i wanna bé a driver of thé. Mod %
    For me it s really for thé moment thé nicest but when with phone i zoom on a car thé définition IS n'ont sharp i think it s thé logiciel to create 3d not enough précise liké for a lot of modes perhaps you need of 397 studio to help you i Hope that s télémètre IS using to do thé comportement Real i endure you that thé mod will bé a success if sounds transport thé simracer. For that it must coming from thé rear and fond an écho on thé front of thé véhicules

18. jepeto

jepeto Registered

Sounds must bé spatial before to set your card

19. jepeto

jepeto Registered

Hello it sont a mystify year.i want to drive thé JPS liké i know and a driver with me before compétition it would bé vert interesting with a latin driver

20. EmperorOfFinland

Ah yes work is still being done. It should be on public beta on january-february. i still have one car to integrate in it being N180B Ensign. then i have to add new shaders in and do some 3d model fixes for the worse models. but atleast the toleman TG181 is mostly done. the cockpit needs more work though still.

I did get some complaints about bad quality models myself. but to be honest i dont have the 3d modelling skill to fully fix them. My own expertise lies more on the physics side and on the asset upgrading side than in 3d modelling and that is the main bottleneck as it will take time to learn 3d modelling and i have indeed learned it quite alot during the project. But im also under time constrains too so that means there is alot of things i want to fix but im unable to fix on my own. i have gotten some valuable help from many people but most of the workload has fallen on me.

So dont expect a mod that is a super high in 3d model quality. i will work on the 3d models over the course of next year but it will take time to work them out and there is still lots of things to do. The mod is 90% complete otherwise but i plan to do some physics tweaks for the turbo car still. and then of course the balancing of the cars.

Some new remastered skins by @VirusGR42

RE30B New skin.png

TG181B New Model 2.png

TG181C New Model 2.png

VirusGR42, bigbad, Duncan and 9 others like this.