Carrera4 tracks overhaul for 86/88 Historical Edition by Trollray

Discussion in 'Locations' started by trollray, Dec 30, 2021.

1. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Thanks for all the amazing work! I'm wondering if it is at all feasible to add another layout of Hungaroring without the T4-5 chicane? If not no big deal, but I always like the '89 to '02 version of the circuit. The twisty chicane ruins the flow, as we all know.

2. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Austria is san absolute blast to drive - thank you for your hard work on this Trollray and svictor!

Lars, pkelly, trollray and 2 others like this.
  3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

If may car goees off track I go through the fences (not collideable) an fall through the ground in the center of the map. I know we should stay on track. ;-) For the background there ar versions of modern Spielberg where the mountains etc are in better quality and darker too - maybe an option to change them out. THX

4. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi. some news to let you know a bit.
    I'm currently working on Monza 86.
    Should be fast to do it but i ask you some more time and patience.

As all of you probably know it ;) , @doddynco and I, we are working on the complete historical 1986 f1 season.
    Doddy is doing a very deep and realistic sound and physics overhaul to all the cars.
    If you like my work on the tracks and graphics, you will be impressed with the cars with no doubt ;)
    So, i will release the last 3 missing tracks (Monza, Portugal and Mexico ) only when the cars are ready.

We really want to make this mod a good one and as a plug and play ( a bit like my championship edition.)
    Then of course, the championship edition will go obsolete. But the championship edition was a very nice learning step for me.

A plug and play means for us that every player could choose any track or car from the mod and still have the same balance.
    From AI, graphics, physics, sounds etc...
    In other words, if you are matching the pace according to your choosen team with, let say 98% difficulty, you won't need to change it to race with another track or car.
    You can do it and keep the ai balance.
    I think this is an immersiv braker to have ai be too fast on a track and too slow on another. ;)
    Last but not least, the tyres and pit strategies will need to be balanced aswell.

That said, we still need some time to make the whole package but we have good hopes to make it right for you ;)

Cheers and stay tuned !

Bostrom, doddynco, pascom and 10 others like this.
  5. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Unbelievable tracks, thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories.

6. trollray

trollray Registered

Lars, GPNeville, svictor and 6 others like this.
  7. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Cant wait, nice screenshots.

8. trollray

trollray Registered

1.jpg 2.jpg

Hi, the meshes are working great and all tracks will have some living surfaces.
    But, i was also doing some nice touch for the textures and decals to make some nice oldy roads.
    I like those old asphalt stuffs because that was like that in the 80's ;)
    Hope you like the touch ;)

Cheers and stay tuned.

Bostrom, atomed, buzz hornet and 8 others like this.
  9. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

10. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

If you need mesh smoothing in 3dsmax, let me know.

11. vava74

vava74 Registered

Amazing job!!

trollray likes this.
  12. herve

herve Registered

Bonjour
    wow c’est du bon travail! quel bonheur de rouler sur ces circuits à l’ancienne où aucune erreur n’est permise. Le contenu de RF2 est vraiment pauvre de ce côté. Une fois les circuits des années 80 terminés, n’envisageriez-vous pas de faire ceux des années 70 ? Pour RF1 Motorfix, il y en avait pas mal pour la saison 1975 et il y en avait aussi pour 1979... En tout cas, ce serait génial de les trouver.

pascom likes this.
  13. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Impressive!!!!!!!

14. trollray

trollray Registered

1.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg

A lot of work but i think i get it for the god damn traffic lines ;)
    Cheers and stay patient, the wait is nearly over ;)

doddynco, Hazi, GeraArg and 12 others like this.
  15. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi guys, i'm on Montreal now and i have a question.

The race start was not as the same place in 1986.
    I can change the grid positions but i can't change all the meshes for the pits to fit the 1986 placements of them. (very more complex stuff to do)
    It's not a big problem for me to accept that fact and i prefer to have the correct starting positions of 1986 but the pits.
    Tell me what do you think?
    Cheers

16. vava74

vava74 Registered

I think I mentioned this already in the past, but perhaps you could make the texture used for the public less bright/reflective of light.
    On tracks raced in warmer/sunnier weather this is less of an issue - although even Monaco's feel too bright - but on tracks raced in winter/cooler periods, it would be interesting to have much darker public.

17. trollray

trollray Registered

For the public, i have already done that. I used a grey color for specular instead of the white base. But that s done since a time now. Did you use the last versipn of the tracks? If it still a problem, i will have a look but didn t notice a true problem. But, maybe, im not looking on people so much when drive. Perhaps you should drive faster. looool. ;););)

18. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I've recently had a test drive on the pre-release version of Jacarepaguá with the new road mesh (the first track with the mesh improements), and I have to say that Trollray has done an absolutely incredible job. It's a very detailed and lively surface with a lot of variation. You'd think it was a laser scan because it feels just like it. Once this has been applied to the other tracks this man deserves all the praise he gets, and more.

atomed, svictor, pkelly and 4 others like this.
  19. vava74

vava74 Registered

I haven't been able to sit on my rig for the past 4 weeks (at all) and prior to that I must have driven 4 hours in total during the 4 to 5 weeks before... so I really haven't had the time to drive on the updated tracks unfortunately...
    I commented based on the images above of the Monaco circuit and, I would say, the Marshall at Jacarepaguá also seems to be too bright.
    Basically, I am nitpicker and, while I am at it... you should ask Fredrick Alonso on how to easily make the grass look naturally irregular.
    I believe he has a simple method which eliminates that grid look that is generated by a repeated texture tile.
    Hope you don't mind :)o_O

Frederick Alonso and trollray like this.
  20. trollray

trollray Registered

I will ask him, good idea. ;)
    @doddynco , thanks for your feedback my friend. Thumbs up

atomed and Art_Pereira like this.