WIP BTCC Toyota Corolla visual bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nick9320, Aug 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

Hey devs!
    So glad to see a proper pack of BTCC cars in my fav sim :rolleyes: Thank you for all your work!

Found some visual issues on them so I'm reporting below with some ideas how could we fix some issues :)

1. Doesn't have shadow under the car, it would looks better with it
    [​IMG]

2. No shadows from rim, looks a bit weird. Looks better on track but to be honest I didn't recognized in the end from which part rotors took the shadows. In my cars you can still see the shadows from the rims.
    Also brake rotors looks a bit too bright and clean, maybe they might be more like they was used in race
    [​IMG]

3. There is a hole between torpedo and hood parts. Same on track
    [​IMG]

4. Also the car is not generating any shadows in showroom and that looks a bit weird. Here is the car with proper shadows to comparsion. I dunno the reason why it's made like this but anyway - just wanted to report it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Windows shader. This is a really hard topic. I have the same issues when I want to make them paintable but still looks good buth inside and outside the cockpit. So all we know is that we need to make it only with one texture, that would be perfect for everyone. I got an idea, maybe it will work: if it's possible would be awesome to have a param in materials editor called "Alpha tint" with slider appearing after enabling it just like emission works. How should it work: you can adjust the level of multiplying the tint (or different, another colour) for dark areas of the alpha. If the region is white then no tint applying and vice versa for dark region: more darker - more tint applying and decreasing the alpha effect. I hope I've descirbed it well :) I think after that we will have very cool dark exterior windows (applying only for WINDSCREENOUTSIDE shader) with only one texture and possibility to modify it with numbers, names e.t.c and it will looks like here:
    [​IMG]

6. Woops, windows material transparecy order should be higher I believe
    [​IMG]

7. Tyres blur animations doesn't affect on material specular. Bump and main texture are good but we still can see GoodYear through all of it
    [​IMG]

8. Doubled numbers on the rear glass and weird alpha sorting on the windshield. For example I will show how I did it for one of my cars
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

btw @ben willis nice looking car don't you think? ;)

9. It is supposed to be like this? I don't know tbh, never saw anything like that. That's the AI car's windows in SP race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

=============================================

Just wanted to see such important cars for my favourite sim looks absolutely perfect. Will try to review more cars soon.

Cheers!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  2. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

@Coutie is back and that's great! Pinging you mate just to remind about my topics, thanks in advance!