Throttle Not Working......

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jim Cannon, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Jim Cannon

Jim Cannon Registered

I’m on a PC using a T500 RS with Ferrari F1 wheel. I’ve gone to the Thrustmaster Control Panel and Throttle, Brake and Clutch are shown as active when I test them. In RFactor 2, I have gone to the Input Calibration area and it recognizes all three pedals when I push them (they go to Max). When I go to Drive, I can shift gears sitting in the garage but when I push the Throttle, nothing happens.

Wondering if you can give an idea how to correct this issue?

2. Flipo

Flipo Registered

in rfactor2, go to assign controls and re-assign the throttle, see if it works for you.

3. Jim Cannon

Jim Cannon Registered

I had done that also and it didn't work.........

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Disconnect the usb for 10 seconds and reconnect it and test in the software, see if it puts your steering wheel model or does it have a lower one?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is the engine running? One of the HUD pages shows RPM if you're not sure.

*oh, also check driving aids. Auto pitlane and others can trick you. Best to turn them all off.

Binny likes this.
  6. Binny

Binny Guest

i would say somewhere in there is his problem if been calibrated in software and rf2.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Which car? Have you assigned keys for the ignition(Power) AND the starter???

8. Jim Cannon

Jim Cannon Registered

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, checked all configurations both in TMaster config and Rfactor2. Gone in car setup and checked that Throttle, Brake and Clutch go to Max when pushed (they all do) but when I go to Drive, nothing as far as Throttle (can't check clutch or brake because car does not move). Shift paddles work while in car.

Tried in a couple cars and couple tracks with same results.

Still looking for a solution. Thanks to all for suggestions

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

are you actually STARTING the car? Unless you check the box in the menus to start the car for you, YOU have to press a key for the ignition and THEN the key for the starter motor.(although you do not have to hold the starter button/key like you do in ACC)

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If the calibration page shows the controls properly (as you said in the first post) there's no need to check any more outside-of-game settings, and certainly no need to reinstall the game. Please read our posts!

11. Jim Cannon

Jim Cannon Registered

Lazza, understand I don't need to checked "outside-of-game" settings but did that as a 2nd check. I have read all the posts, done what others have suggested and still do not have "throttle" in-game.

12. redapg

redapg Registered

Does it also not work if you assign the Arrow Up Key from the Keyboard as Throttle?
    And as @davehenrie did ask already, do you hear the Engine starting and running in Idle, when you click "Race"?