Released August Q3 2022 Update and Content Drop Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

Absolutely. Already have drivers asking about the general way in which the track cuts are being assessed and then how they may be able to modify their driving (or not, depending on the severity of the cut) to avoid getting cut points. It is a VERY positive move, along with the other UI changes - knowing a little about what behind it would be very appreciated.

davehenrie likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Guys, are you able to sign up to Comp System ?

3. Emery

Emery Registered

I bought into the BTCC cars and Mini. I'm very impressed with the BTCC cars and program updates that support them (sound? and shift protection). Mini drives okay, but leaves me desiring a different implementation of "classics" and I wasn't so impressed with the sound. Caterham is a welcome freebie, but I think the opportunity to score goodwill with the community was wasted when it didn't receive the QA that the paid content has.

FERNANDO CABRERA likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm surprised how many users here have owned Minis or Caters. Absolutely amazing feedback. I've been driving with the Strict cut rules more to train myself to pay more attention.
    @mantasisg I've seen at least one other post about a user not being able to register for the CS.

mantasisg likes this.
  5. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

class update.
    BTCC, Caterham and Mini all good.
    Unfortunately still no sound update for
    Tatuus F3-318
    Form Pro 2021
    and the many other open wheeler mods from ASR etc
    (Yes, the ASR has to get going sometimes)!

With the above-mentioned opben wheelern, the engine sound is too quiet and the tire noise (curbs, grass, sand brakes) much too loud!
    The open wheeler is no fun!

6. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

The new dust effect looks like the dust is always blown by wind. The dust disappears too quickly. And it's too white. So much better than the old one though.

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Got into Competition System for first time this night. Pretty good first impression, just it was a trouble to get through issues that prevented me from being able to get in. And still some remains to get into Mini season.

So far I am very impressed by rF2, it is becoming an immense joy to me. Although as always there is an issue there and there that requires patience and problem solving.

8. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

RC version 1130 August Q3 update
    The replay function no longer works.
    I start Steam
    -rF2
    -Watch
    -Replays
    -Donington R1 43MB (or others)
    -Loading, please wait......wait...wait...for ever wait!!!
    I deleted all old replay files before the update.
    Not a single new one works!
    It sucks!
    Task Manager is missing, you have to restart the PC...??

9. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I don't know about replays as I haven't tried loading one with the latest release, but if you are struggling to get to task manager to close rF2 (or any other program) I fined that what works sometimes is to press Win+Tab to get to the Desktop management screen (or what ever it is actually called), then you can drag rF2 to a new desktop at the bottom. This should then allow you to switch to the original desktop where Task manager is available. Then force rF2 to close and then close the new desktop. This has saved me a few times from having to restart the PC to free it from a frozen rF2.

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Minimize Windows+D

11. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Thanks for the tips.
    Sometimes you can end it like this, sometimes not!
    The "None" version doesn't bring any more replays either.
    ...Loading, please wait.....I waited an extra 5 minutes...None!
    Pity!

12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Just got an update to formula E Gen2 cars, whats going on there?

13. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Just rectifying an uploading mistake from when the build launched - no changes

Emery and ebeninca like this.
  14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the Nordschleife updates are cool, I think the trees are better, more variations and colors,and it loads fast.

15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

As I am having a bit of a discission with a guy on Racedepartement who claims that track temps and ambient temps aren't working and that they have no effect on the tires, I thought I would give that new standout feature from my perspective a first go and do some more investigative testing. I made two individual test sessions, one at Monza and one at Nordschleife. Important for me was to have some long straights in between to check cool down effects. For Monza I used the Ferrari 488 GTE and did a test with sunny conditions and 40 degree ambient temp versus 25 degree overcast. With sunny weather it's obvious that a track at 40 degree ambient temp will increase track temp quite considerably. Quite frankly, those are extremely hot conditions that we find not that often in temperate climates. Within three laps the track temp was at over 50 degree wich seems to be quite reasonable. I would like to add that I used the soft tires wich were up to working temp after the second Lesmo. Compared to the overcast test, where track temps allways stayed just quite a bit above ambient temp, tires didn't cool down all that much on the straights. With the overcast I also had alot more issues getting tires up to temp as they cooled down on the straights quite alot.

My second test was a bit different. I tested day versus night conditions so to speak. Starting with 40 degree celsius as in the first test, but with the Porsche Cup car. After around one lap track temp was at over 50 degree as with the first test during daylight. In the second part of the test I tried the same setting, but at night. Compared to daylight it was quite a bit more difficult to get tires up to temp as the track cooled down at under 30 degree celsius during that one lap. After Doettinger Hoehe tires had cooled down quite considerably.

So all in all, the basic functionality is working quite nicely allready. I still need to check it with wet track surfaces and less drastic condition differences, but it I am quite impressed so far. What I would like to see next: seasonal settings, so that we can set a date. I haven't tested if it works, but I guess even if I start at 0 degree celsius the track will keep getting warmer and warmer. So running a cold track with sunny weather is only possible when the track and ambient temps are "fixed". Now add to that wind and fog based on relative humidity and it's perfect. The foundation is there atleast and you could even calculate fog settings based on the height level of the track.

Emery, TJones and pkelly like this.
  16. McFlex

McFlex Registered

@Paul Jeffrey

I noticed that there ist something wrong with the versioning of the Porsche Cup. The old version from last year was already version 1.40/1.41. The newly released one is still 1.40/1.41

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

rFactor 2 Build - Hotfix Update

Steam Build IDs
    Client: 9331826
    Dedicated Server: 9331833

Track Limits:
    - Fixed an issue where text would not render in the Track Limits Info dialogue if Low Speed Info dialogue is disabled.
    - Fixed crash when hitting curbs where the previous waypoint can be null
    - Fixed an issue on strict where laps would be wrongly invalidated as off track after wall contact.
    - Fixed an issue where off track on strict would not show the track limits dialogue
    - Added ability to configure threshold for next lap invalidation for large cuts
    - Adjusted leaving threshold to use vehicle track width as the point to start track limits investigation
    - Improvements to passing penalization under a Track Limits investigation. Always give at least 5 seconds grace for passes after an initial pass and only penalize passes when you close to gaining an advantage.
    - Refined wall riding settings to be more lenient on default, and in race on strict.
    - Updated Onscreen Dialogue to show when there are Wall Riding points
    AI Editor:
    - Improved calculations for if the pitlane should automatically connect a branch to the main road

Known Issues (to be addressed shortly)
    - Inconsistent track limits application after driver swap (pre 1130 issue)
    - You can be penalized for passing cars after wall contact even if you did not touch the wall enough to get a penalty
    - Real Road data not loading when Track Temperatures are set to generated

Bernat, Lars, Emery and 11 others like this.
  18. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

A small error in the POWERTRAIN section, Torque Split: "and read wheels"; i guess i should say "and rear wheels".
    Error ortografico rear wheels.jpg

TJones likes this.
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I pointed that out when v1130 was released, but I guess they didn't rear the comment.

Paul McC, TJones, lagg and 2 others like this.
  20. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Has anybody managed to get the BTCC cars to use the HARD tire option under customisation? I tried forcing the option for all four available cars but none of them used the Hard tire. It was if the setting didn't do anything. Is this broken?