Released Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance BTCC!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 5, 2022.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Well, the FFB and Caster thread is the same, without data, only opinions on the treadmill, that is if I don't know the ignore list:D:p

Emery likes this.
  2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Kind of want to see that guy explain how f1 tires, btcc tires, and endurance tires are built the same way. Just to see for how long I can keep a straight face

AMillward and juanchioooo like this.
  3. azaris

azaris Registered

This is what BTCC medium tyres look like after a race:

Would that correspond to 40% condition in rF2?

Agahnim, Emery and juanchioooo like this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I was looking at the race time, on average they are quite constant for the 18 laps, I don't remember where I put a post with the data, regarding the construction of tires I doubt very much that they are made the same as others, since the characteristics change, and those of formula 1 even less...
    [​IMG]

5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

OH NO! YOU UNSUBSCRIBED!

Anyway...

Look, I've given you the information based off feedback from a 4x BTCC champion who uses these cars to do sim work but you're choosing to ignore me. "I'm THE smooth driver" he says, well clearly not if you're burning through the tyres. It's not the tyres or the cars that are the problem, you've got a skill issue.

How many times do I need to tell you that tyres across different series are different? It's not that I'm talking too much BS without knowledge, you're refusing to listen because clearly you think you know better. If you want to think that all tyres across all series are supposed to be the same, carry on cos this is the last time I'm going to say it.

I know, right?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  6. Leynad

Leynad Registered

You accuse me of driving wrong while not knowing anything about me and my driving skills. I can live with the tyre-wear, no problem. I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense from a pure economical and safety standpoint in 2022 or just pure common sense, but people like you think it must be perfect since it's in rF2. That's ridiculous.

I'm more involved with the AMS2 beta-development and two, three weeks ago I made a comment that the GT3-tyres shouldn't loose so much grip over 90° C since the ideal temps are still in this range and the FFB in the Indycars should be far higher, because people like Nico Hülkenberg were complaining about it. Guess what. Both issues fixed as well as several others I was pointing at, but no people like you throw dirt at me either, maybe because I beat them all the time on the track since my driving-style was leading to far more wins than poles no matter the car. If you don't wear off the BTCC-tyres like me, you are just f-ing slow.

And btw. saying that the Stockcar-tyres are 10 times more economical than BTCC because of the width is pure physical bullshit. When tyres are too wide for the load, they would slip more and so scrub even more rubber on the asphalt. Smaller tyre-width can decrease grip, but the width doesn't increase tyre-wear more than a few percent. Even as a cyclist I know that and BTCC-cars just doesn't provide enough power to burn through slicks in less than an hour, even if you want them to. That's just made-up BS until no one can prove it otherwise. But the true grip despite high tyre-wear seems already far higher since I've made my complain and tyres with less than 50% still feels okay to drive. This was worse on release iirc, but it still doesn't look like it's correct.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  7. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

A BTCC car would burn through slicks in one lap if the manufacturer designed them to, obviously they don't. They design them to last as long as the BTCC organisers want them to, ideally about the length of a race for entertainment purposes. Not all tires are created equal.

What's being a cyclist got to do with anything? How fast are you riding your bike? I don't think your bike tires are designed to do BTCC speeds, they won't last very long if you tried.

Agahnim and AMillward like this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

@Leynad , the soft tires used in the Inter-A karts in the 90s (ICA) lasted 15 minutes and those karts had more or less 40hp
    Those tires were used to test the Bridgestone tires used some years later in F1.

9. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

so. why don't you go to watch some btcc races and listen carefully to the commentary?
    especially those years Soft tire must be used in one round, that driver will be quick at start and sucked at last 1/3 of the race

10. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Gongrats, you pointed something out for AMS2. Just because you had a point there, doesn't mean you have a point here, in a different sim on a different subject. Ironically you mention that Nico Hulkenberg said it, which proves you right. Guess what you have been ignoring in Aiden's post.

What I do notice is how highly you rate yourself as a driver. You are acting like some god at driving, not being able to look critical at your own driving. Blaming the game rather than your own driving, because how can you ever be wrong. "If you don't wear off the BTCC-tyres like me, you are just f-ing slow." Do you really expect people to take you serious after this?

Stock car tires are different to BTCC tires, not only in size, but also in structure/stiffness. They all effect heat and wear. Thats how Pirelli can even make tires wear quicker/slower whilst the tires are the same size as each other. That is how Firestone can do that in Indycar, and thats how BTCC tires can last the length that they do, even with the low power of 350+BHP as you call it.

First season TCC the tires were already okay to drive at 20%, it was after that they dropped off a cliff. The only thing that was changed that affected the driving, was the rake/drag values. Nothing changed tire wise, other than your driving (so it is possible).

Bill Worrel and AMillward like this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the type of driving makes you degrade more or less tires depending on the way you drive that is obvious, but it is also obvious that the same manufacturer makes a different tire from one year to another for the same category and the teams complain, because it adapts worse or better to their bikes, for example in Moto GP, or in Formula 1, as they themselves have commented on more than one occasion, both by teams and by drivers...
    From the point of whether I am a better or worse sim racing driver, to say that with the level that each person has, they use a different mod and in comparison they will have the same driving wear, obviously the tire of one mod will not wear out the same as another with different characteristics ,but if a comparison against ourselves that we drive in the same way

12. azaris

azaris Registered

Idk anything about BTCC tyres, but WTCR uses Goodyears and they're having massive problems with tyre degradation/failures this season to the point that teams are pulling out and the entire series looks to be folding. And those cars don't race much more than 30 minutes either.

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

1. what’s you being a cyclist got to do with anything?
    2. I did prove it to you, you just can’t read.
    3. The tyres will last as long as TOCA wants them to.

Ah, there’s the reason you’re not listening. You’ve clearly got an over inflated view of yourself. If there was ever a chance of me taking your points seriously up until now, it’s just completely evaporated.

Never said that but okay.

14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The tyres have been pretty good all season tbf.