AI Drivers with no name

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Griffin-5, Aug 22, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Griffin-5

Griffin-5 Registered

Hi all,
    I must have done something here to cause this but I have no idea what. The problem ...
    When adding any AI to a race that includes the BMW M4 GT3 car, the first AI driver car of this model always comes in with no name (see attached image). Every other car is fine, its only this one and it doesn't matter if its the blu, red or grey cars for example. The first model of the M4 GT3 will have no driver name.

This happens in my own GT3 Championship mod, or the default All Cars & Tracks.
    I've tried deleting the car, redownloading and installing and it made no difference. Any ideas?
    I'm trying to run a custom championship with consistent driver names and this is holding it up.
    Many thanks.
    bmw_ai.jpg

2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

looks empty in the veh-files: Driver=""

for comparison the no7 Bentley: Driver="Leith Elio"

3. Griffin-5

Griffin-5 Registered

Thanks for the reply! I'm rather new to this... where does one find the veh-files line of code to verify that?

Thanks!

4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\BMW_M4_GT3_2020\1.03 -> car-upgrade.mas. All BMW-veh-files have no drivers name. Dont know why the first BMW does not get a random driver name as the 2nd does...

5. Griffin-5

Griffin-5 Registered

Thank you! Yes I just extracted the mas file and noticed the same. Tried a different car and they all had names.

So my question then would be, is it possible (or advisable) to assign names to drivers 1 to 6 for the M4 GT3 and somehow replace the .mas file in the ...Installed\Vehicles\BMW_M4_GT3_2020\1.03 folder? Any downsides to doing that?

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Easiest way could be to use some 3rd party skins from Racedepartment

Griffin-5 likes this.