[REL] Nürburgring (2018) Timing from Lap 1

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Bernd, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@redapg I was responding to your previous post, as I hadn't seen it before. I thought the information could prove useful despite you now trying something else.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Ah, OK, but that Post from me is from 11 Days ago and after ~3 Days, without any Reply from the Person that i did ask, i move on and try to find other/own Solutions.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

I thought it would be something like that, but would you be so kind and answer to the Question, that i asked in THIS Post and could you also explain, for what a "generic Path" ("add new generic Path" in the AIW Editor "Record a Path" Menu) can be used?

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

If it works, then it works :). Do the AI cars drive the track still without problem? They don't suddenly want to drive the short cut? :D
    I did try doing this myself with my Nords3 track 6 weeks ago, but Dev mode was keep crashing each time I would try make the line so I gave up. I had already tried extending the Cut lines and Collision lines covering the shortcut road.
    I did in the end get it all working on my track when Alex posted the .gdb params numbers. I only tried in Dev mode so far, but seems to work 90% of the time.
    It did not work straight away, I still had to edit the blue Cut limit lines and red Collision lines. I found it did not work if I over lapped any lines from both roads also.

I need to fix many other things the new cut system has broken on my Nords3 track that were not broken before. My motivation is very low to do for the 3 people that still drive my track. If there is a .gdb line item just to turn it all off, I will just use that in a shot. :D.

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

It's not something we use. You use it at your own risk there maybe unintended consequences.

redapg likes this.
  6. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

I don't really follow your post so well, if the track is setup sensibly there should not be any need to update anything except for the handling of pit exit if you desire it and also the special case here of being able to legally cut 90% of the lap. Also the normal corridor lines are not the cut corridors.

7. Hazi

Hazi Registered

I know for sure many drive your track and thank you for your great version.

redapg and DJCruicky like this.
  8. redapg

redapg Registered

Not that i have seen it so far. :)
    The FASTEST, BLOCK ... Pathes stay untouched.

Can it be that it was a kind of Placebo Effect?
    Because @Alex Sawczuk did say:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.