SOLVED Left eye flickers in VR with Porsche GT3 Cup car

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AFreak, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

The porsche cup, for me one of the best cars in the game, cannot be used in VR due to this bug, a shame. I noticed that the problem does not appear the first time you go out on the track, but only after returning to the pit, from then on it does.

Kelju_K likes this.
  2. Now I encounter massive flickering while loading screen appears, also in car setup screen, etc. But I do not encounter any flickering / problems while in race (tested with GTE, GT cars of s397, BTCC, Caterham, Austin Mini Cooper, Group C of MAK and some other) or while watching replay.

Also it seems that everything is a bit smoother ingame also when FPS drop to around 40 I do not have any issues with Oculus Rift S using SteamVR (Beta) with default settings.

I have a USB3.2 port which I am currently using with VR, maybe this helped a lot in performance, but I doubt ...

3. I switched to openComposite and openXR and beside the fact that the loading screens are now upside down I have no problems concerning performance and flickering any longer (there seems to be a performance boost, too).

4. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

one of the best in rf2 for sure. hopefully fix will come soon.
    meanwhile i take this forced brake from the car, as a reminder how easily i take these awesome cars we have for granted.
    you dont know how much you'd miss one, untill you dont have it anymore.
    when the fix comes, im gonna drive the s**t out of the car again :)

Andrea Frollo likes this.
  5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

on HP G2 here and using opnecomposite and openXRtools here too, but get the flickering....

6. Justifier

Justifier Registered

So six (6) weeks now and this major bug is still not fixed! Come on @Motorsport Games it's time to lift your game and get major bugs like this fixed within a few weeks NOT A FEW MONTHS! This bug affects more than one car in VR so it's not just the Porche Cup car! @Motorsport Games please respond on here with some positive news other than it being a "KNOWN" problem from 6 weeks ago! Please give us some indication of when this major bug will be fixed for VR users as it is pretty much unplayable in VR for the vehicles affected. Thanks.

Hazi, Andrea Frollo and TheSecret1 like this.
  7. Justifier

Justifier Registered

And another week goes by without any update from @Motorsport Games or anyone from the team who look after the RF2 Sim. So over seven (7) weeks now without a fix! This VR bug makes the game unplayable in some vehicle and some tracks... Please provide an update!

Hazi and Andrea Frollo like this.
  8. Daniel Erstling

Daniel Erstling Registered

was doing a 24h race over the weekend - with no porsche cups involved (as far as I know), but still at random times I've had the flickering issue on the left eye. Didn't seem like it was a car crossing s/f line. So something is pretty off here and it's worrying me the problem seems to spread now. Right now, can't see a pattern what was causing it or at which times it started and stopped. Whenever it started it did flicker for about 10-20 seconds, then stopped completeley and everything was fine for another 20 minutes maybe.

Cars involved were: LMP1 (modded), LMP2 Oreca (original), GTE (original). Not sure if the safety car was changed, but it was never used.
    Track: Daytona (original)

9. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Since I did that 24h Nordschleife race, it haven't had this flickering anymore.
    And I did a few CS races since then.

10. xeroborn

xeroborn Registered

I have the same problem. Reverb g2, left eye flickering throughout races with the Porsche cup and bmw m2. Very frustrating

11. AFreak

AFreak Registered

Yesterday, I had the left eye flicker in the Ferrari GTE CS Race. I never had this before in any practice race or practice session with AI´s.

12. Justifier

Justifier Registered

Yet more time goes by without a fix @Motorsport Games. Do the developers even care about this RF2 VR software bug? This one is pretty major so you would think it would have been fixed within a few months!!!

13. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

Unfortunately, and I say this truly with regret, I think these are the last breaths of this fantastic sim.

14. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Can you post a video? I've never seen this happening, so I can't report what I don't see.

15. AFreak

AFreak Registered

@Coutie This is how I can reproduce the the left eye flicker for 100%. I use a HP Reverb G2 with SS 50% in SteamVR and Motion Vector reprojection always on, RTX 3080 Ti GPU, 5900X AMD CPU, 32 GB RAM @3600MHz. I think a video will not help at all, because you will only see, that the left eye will become randomly black for a blink of an eye.

1. Select the Porsche GT3 Cup Car. That's important, because with other cars I can't reproduce it.

2. Select a track e.g. Brands Hatch GP, but for me the track doesn't matter. It happens on every track.

3. Select some AI's, all on Porsche GT3 Cup car. The more AI's are on track, the more it will flicker. I choose 19 AI Cars. With zero AI Cars there is no flicker.

4. Start a practice session and drive some laps with the AI. The flicker will start after 2 or 3 laps of driving. The flicker seems to be random. Sometimes you can drive a minute without it and sometimes it happens 3 times in 10 seconds.

Hazi likes this.
  16. Coutie

Ok, I saw it. It sort of seems like another bug we're working on.

17. norbak

norbak Registered

Same here, only tested Porsche cup. I started seeing this with last RC and actual Q4 relese.
    Also at night many times my cockpit car is lit only in one eye from cars in the back.

Reverb G2 open composite 100% res, no repro.
    Amd rx 5700 xt 22.10.3

18. marklar

marklar Registered

I was hoping they would fix it in Q4 update. Feel a bit stupid after spending $75 on DLCs yesterday while the devs don't bother fixing a game breaking bug after 4 months.

19. Coutie

It's being worked on now, there were other higher priority things being done.

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  20. Finn Jacobsen

Finn Jacobsen Registered

I have this black flicker in the left side on my Quest 2 driving the new Vanwall LMh.
    I can drive a lap or two before it starts.
    It seems more pronounced on the new Bahrain track than f.ex on the Le Mans circuit, but that might be random.