Released Caterham Academy

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you're changing to the minimum setting thinking it's going to give you faster steering, you'll obviously artificially limit the steering lock and give yourself problems. Now you know that's not the case, you won't do it, so it'll be fine (or better). There's still the low speed steering lock option on by default if I'm not mistaken, so the steering will change to full (normal physics) lock at low speed no matter what you select. Some cars simply don't turn enough though.

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes @Lazza, the default is almost 900degs and works fine. Others has identical steering speed just limits both locks: steering wheel, and travel of the rack... It is completely useless thing. Actual faster ratio would at least give heavier FFB, which was the point why I touch this subject. I am ok with FFB though.

mixer61 likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Some cars do have other ratio options, but mostly it's different locks. Not useless as I said, it allows correct (realistic) ratio when actually driving fast, which is good. This really has been normal for years, the physics spreadsheet sets this up as standard too when modding.

4. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

ahh great i thought it was just me.

5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Enjoy the "Craterham Academy", a variant without wheels. Maybe dropping content is not a so good idea after all.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    ebeninca likes this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I see people in a hurry, they have said that they are working on it, be patient that the world was not made in a day

Rui Santos likes this.
  7. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

But a Caterham only takes five and a half hours :)

memoNo1 likes this.
  8. sg333

sg333 Registered

Cars don't actually need wheels. It's just a big conspiracy to sell wheels. Wake up people!!

MileSeven and davehenrie like this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I don't think this car is a waste of time, but I don't want to have most of sweetest and freshest time with it while it is missing wheels :D Looking forward to race it on CS a lot.

Rui Santos likes this.
  10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Incorrect :)

I've not made any statements about VR development in the past - however, I can certainly say VR has not been 'abandoned' by the Studio. Several of us here at 397 have VR (although I need to set mine up again) and so do our test team. We haven't released any specific VR changes recently, but that does not mean we have no intentions with this in future. Like everything, things take time and require resources - two things we must try to juggle for the best outcomes within the software.

Cheers!

MileSeven, EricW, atomed and 5 others like this.
  11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Can you give us something about the progress of the AI?
    Chris had hinted on Discord a few weeks ago that the AI is now a very high priority.

r00b Driver and Dady Cairo like this.
  12. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

After testing the Caterham in VR, I do think it could do with more exhaust noise. As it is, most of the noise seems to be intake and interior engine noise. Even though these cars use a large muffler, the exit is quite close to the driver. The exhaust pops and burbles can clearly be heard as coming from the right side but, the rest comes from front / center.

MileSeven and Rui Santos like this.
  13. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

If I remember (I did an app to change the degrees for rF1) the standard car is approx 720 deg lock to lock and the quick rack 610. A racer I know was dismissive of using a quick rack on track but I’ve forgotten what reason he gave. As I said above, I fitted a quick rack to my car (road plus track days) and prefer it.

Havner likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Are you planning to give Virtual Reality a boost? If so, in what sense or details do you foresee?
    juanchioooo

Nothing is planned there right now. VR just gets any generic graphics improvements.

Although I'm older I still have some memory, if you say some generic things and there's nothing planned, and rfactor is not native, you've abandoned it, put it aside, now if you've changed your plans great:);)

15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

lol you've certainly got a better memory than me :D

That text still rings true here - we don't currently have specific VR related developments in progress, but we've not abandoned it at all. We've obviously got desire to fix issues that crop up, but haven't yet got a schedule for making any significant feature specific enhancements - that said, these sorts of discussions are always ongoing every time we get to a new planning milestone, so things are and remain fluid in terms of the mid-distance development objectives around VR.

MileSeven, Binny, EricW and 3 others like this.
  16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

1st the text is from the question block of week 22, there in the middle of the year 2021 more or less I think... 2nd my message does not have any intention to offend or annoy, what as I use a translator can I say something wrong, if so? I'm sorry. 3° I am glad that it is not forgotten and that they do native rfactor to launch it without the need for the horrible steamVr. Thank you so much Paul.

17. Binny

Binny Guest

Hi Paul does s397 have any ideas how many ppl use VR ?
    I believe if you did you might give it more attention than what it is getting like 4k 8k VR is latest tech.

MileSeven and wrff.tiger@gmail like this.
  18. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

I would be very curious about this as well. I am almost exclusively a VR user for Rfactor 2. I would be curious how much better it could be in VR if it was a priority. I'm not saying it is bad in VR, I think it is very good now. I am curious as to how much better it could be if it was optimized for VR though?

MileSeven and memoNo1 like this.
  19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I definitely think better than SteamVR for sure, higher fps and performance, without having to depend on them... I use Pimax 8K Plus and I will never go back to the monitor

MileSeven likes this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

:D:D:Dwith a bit of luck when I get home we already have wheels on the caterhan

EricW and MileSeven like this.