Released Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance BTCC!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

The fwd, that is, all but one, seem to have the same physics.

2. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

I really don't understand how you can say this. The Toyota to the Hyundai seem like night and day to me. The Toyota feels light and nimble while the Hyundai feels much heavier. I don't understand how you are saying they feel the same.

3. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

I'll give you the short story. The sound is the same. The interiors are almost the same, the physics (in Italy we say that opinions are like the ass, we all have one) changes very little between one and the other. I see some laziness in it, I've seen better content ....I really appreciated, for example, the lmp3, the Ligier Lmp2, are well made, this product instead leaves me a little disappointed.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Sound wise, watch a BTCC event on you tube and try to pick out one engine note from another. They all sound like the same hive of buzzing bees.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    trichens likes this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The sounds are the same because they use the same engine. And the Hyundai is a bit more stable than the Corolla because of the longer wheelbase.

trichens and pkelly like this.
  6. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

My friend, I understand everything, but in my opinion, sorry, but we have dropped a bit in quality lately. We love this sim, but sometimes constructive criticism can prove challenging, even for them.

7. green serpent

green serpent Registered

The Ford feels totally different to the Hyundai, more grippy/edgy feeling. IDK how anyone can think they feel the same. On a DD it's night and day.

No offence to any modders but FWD cars never really felt that good. But these cars especially the Hyundai imo are bloody marvellous.

sg333, mesfigas and Paulfield like this.
  8. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Did the tire test yesterday at Donington Park it took me 28 laps to get 50% wear. The default setting would have destroyed the tires in 15-17 laps, but increasing the camber have removed the understeer. But I am concerned about the heavy wear on the left side, especially the front tire. Is there any physical explanation as to why the left front tire is so stressed?

[​IMG]

9. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

S397 needs someone like Aris from Kunos who talks to people and explains how things work, whether they are correct etc.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Donington is clockwise, so will wear the left more no matter what you do. Is the car FWD? If so, it will wear mostly on the front, since the front tyres are doing the accelerating and turning.

11. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

Donington Park is a clockwise circuit.

Emery and R.Noctua like this.
  12. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Yesterday I brought this up in the AI section of discord, but haven't looked at the logs yet. AI can run 40 laps on soft tires without changing in Brand Hatch. Does the AI use settings that allow it to drive that distance? I think it's perfectly possible for a player to do 50 laps of BH without changing tires, but I'm not sure if it would be soft tire.

upd: It confuses me that the AI shows the same lap time at the end as at the beginning

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

AI use their own tyres (rF1 style) so there's really no parallel with the player. You can make them last for basically any time you want (as the modder), so it becomes a design choice as to how you try to make them compare to the player in terms of grip and wear.

PirroC, Maarten Nauta and R.Noctua like this.
  14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Oh, thank you so much! I assumed they were using the same tires as the player...:eek: In that case, for a 30-40 minute race, we can use medium or hard and not worry.

I was fooled by the visual design at AI - yellow(medium), white(soft), green(hard) and I thought AI was using different tires.

15. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

the physics are not the same in all cases the Hyundai has a more playful rear end than the other traction! and the infiniti is also very different (propulsion) for the sounds yes they are the same, except externally there is a slight difference for the Hyundai I have the impression (the differences are very subtle!)

Now that the sounds are really good it would be nice to have a difference between BTCC especially in external sound I look at the BTCC field and to the ear there are differences in tone even if it remains close!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    sg333 likes this.
  16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Makes me think I should put something together explaining the differences between these things and most of the other stuff people are used to driving.

Most of the “issues” are in the squidgy thing driving it and not the cars.

17. Bernat

Bernat Registered

There's always a group of simracers that act like race cars experts when they're only expert gamers, never having touched a racing car in their lives. I'd hope they'd be humble enough to recognize they don't know how cars behave IRL, complaining less and learning more. I'm tired of reading what everyone is expecting from a car that they haven't ever driven IRL.

Having opinions from experimented drivers would be more helpful and I'm always looking for those, although reality is always complex, and simulating reality is even more complex. Even experimented drivers sometimes have different opinions, but still we can learn more from them than from pure simracers.

Complaining because BTCC cars are very similar when IRL they're also very similar too because of the regulations? What's next?

18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I suck at driving FWD cars so always take RWD when given the chance. But having raced in a BTCC league and watching the top drivers still be quick while ballasted up and being in FWD cars is enough to make you go “the problem isn’t the car, it’s me”

trichens likes this.
  19. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Be careful what you wish for. I suspect many of us would not like what they really think about racing simulations, especially those that are not developed specifically for racing professionals. You often read that they say consumer simulators are useful for learning a track, or general entertainment value but, rarely praise the car-handling for its realism.

Probably, the biggest issue is not having effective ways to replicate RL g-forces / sustained g-forces. Even the best motion rigs available today, cannot come close to reality.

20. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I mean real drivers that appreciate consumer level simulators for what they are. Of course, the ones that don't understand this world and its limitations might not give good feedback.