Discount on items? Desconto em itens?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Makemmauer, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Makemmauer

Makemmauer Registered

If I have the Indycar IR-18 and I intend to buy the 2022 Q1 Pack, don't I get a discount for already having the Indycar IR-18?

Se eu tenho o Indycar IR-18 e pretendo comprar o 2022 Q1 Pack eu não tenho desconto por já ter o Indycar IR-18?

2. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

No.

Which is why it's highly adviceable to buy packs, and do some research into what packs contains what before buying.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Pack prices are generally underpriced to somewhat make up for not being able to get a discount. But you always should consider a pack over a single car or wait for a seasonal sale to see if it has been grouped with other cars.(for example the Ferarri 488 GTE was a single car that later was placed in the Endurance pack)

Makemmauer likes this.
  4. Makemmauer

Makemmauer Registered

Yup. It's because I'm a fan of indycar as soon as the Indycar Dallara IR-18 came out I went straight to want to buy it. I think rfactor is the only one so it launches packages where you already have one of the vehicles or circuits you don't get a discount for already having them. Hopefully they'll see this soon and look for a way for their customers to not miss out on buying the cars when they're released.

Sim. É que por ser fã de indycar assim que saiu o Indycar Dallara IR-18 eu ja fui direto querer adquirí-lo. Acho que o rfactor é o único assim que lança pacotes em que você já tem um dos veículos ou circuitos você não tem desconto por já os ter. Tomara que eles vejam isso em breve e busquem uma forma para que seus consumidores não deixem de adquirir os carros quando lançados.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Didn't the indycar come out in one of the Q packs on release? As stated above... always works out cheaper to buy packs. Duplicates won't effect anything and the Steam store items don't support discounts for owning items already, that's a steam problem.

6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

It did and is still available with the Q1 2022 pack. It also included the BMW M4 GT3, the Ligier JS P320 LMP3 and Daytona International Speedway. It's a 30% discount to buy that pack compared to buying the items individually.

Some packs are 40% discount like the GT3 pack and the Formula E pack. The Endurance pack was 40% until they raised the price around June 1st and now it's only a 30% discount.

Some packs go on sale during most Steam sales. They used to put those at an additional 50% off but lately they've been discounted less.

They discounted the Q1 and Q2 2022 packs on the last day of the Steam summer sale with an additional 20% off.

Makemmauer likes this.
  7. Makemmauer

Makemmauer Registered

Well, I don't remember for sure at the time if the Indycar IR 18 was released with a pack, but I know that if it were, it would still be a very high cost for me. thus buying only the car (although I'm almost certain that only the car came out first and not it in a pack, but...). The fact is that you should have the possibility of having the car already, the value being discounted for the purchase of a package. I think there are other games where this already happens, if I'm not mistaken Race Room has a lot of that. There are packs but if you have already purchased a track or vehicle you end up getting a discount on the purchase of the product. It's an idea for this to happen with rfactor 2 as well.

Bem eu não lembro ao certo na época se foi lançado o Indycar IR 18 com um pack, mas sei que se assim o fosse ainda seria um custo bem elevado para mim. comprando assim apenas o carro (apesar de ter quase certeza que primeiro saiu apenas o carro e não ele em um pack, mas...). O fato é que deveria ter a possibilidade de ter já o carro o valor ser descontado para aquisição de pacote. Acho que existem outros jogos em que isso já acontece, se não me engano o Race Room tem muito disso. Existem os packs mas se você já comprou um track ou veículo você acaba tendo desconto na aquisição do produto. É uma ideia para que isso possa ocorrer com também o rfactor 2.

8. Makemmauer

Makemmauer Registered

Yes, I know that steam allows you to buy a package, I have it like Indycar and I want 2 if I buy 1 (the one that also has the car) regardless of whether there is a 30%, 40% or even 50%. If I already have the car and I'm going to buy this pack, I should have discounted the value of the car I already have in that pack just so you don't pay for this car twice. I gave an example of this with the Race Room simulator in which when you buy a pack of tracks or cars and you already have one of them (either one of the cars or tracks) it receives a discount, that is, they withdraw their value and you get a " discount", after all you already have the track or vehicle. That's quite interesting. It's an idea to help even people to buy more, as they will have discounted from the value of the packs what they have already purchased. Good idea don't you think?

Sim eu sei que o steam dá que comprar um pacote eu tenho como o Indycar e quero2 se eu comprar1 (esse que tem também o o o carro) independente se existe um 30 %, 40% ou até 50%. Se eu já tenho o carro e vou comprar esse pack deveria ter descontado o valor do carro que eu ja tenho nesse pack justamente pra você não pagar esse carro duas vezes. Dei o exemplo disso com o simulador Race Room em que quando você compra um pack de tracks ou carros e você já tem um deles (seja um dos carros ou tracks) ele recebe desconto, isto é, retiram o valor deles e você ganha um " desconto", afinal você já tem o track ou veículo. É bem interessante isso. É uma ideia pra ajudar até as pessoas a comprarem mais, pois terão abatido do valor dos packs aquilo que eles já tiverem comprado. Ideia boa não acha?

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Impossible with Steam store items (which is what rF2 DLC is). Raceroom doesn't have DLC linked to Steam at all.

10. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Yes, I agree and so does S397 based on what Marcel Offermans has said in the past. However, as Woodee posts above, it's not possible without changes from Valve (Steam). The only other option is to convert from Steam Items to Steam DLC or set up a separate store for DLC like Raceroom has. I doubt we'll see that anytime soon, if ever.

So as a consumer who's interested in purchasing this content, I make sure to watch what I'm buying and get them in packs or wait for a sale.