Please, sort out tire sound...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vale99, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Vale99

Vale99 Registered

Even with the tire sound set to 0 most cars squeak like slaughtered pigs, please fix the tire sound as it is now quite annoying.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

are you discussing the NEW SOUNDS for only the cars that have been updated? (Oreca LMP2, GTE, Senna, BTCC, Indy IR18)? Other cars are only affected by the LEGACY sliders and turning the top slider down (sound effects to under 10%) while turning the engine volume up seems to help.(100%)

3. Vale99

Vale99 Registered

Yes, i legacy sliders down but the tire sound still annoying, the formula pro wiht his thunderous V10 engine It's insane how the tires sound, i stopped playing rfactor 2 for this.

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Sound system settings may influence how certain sound effects are muffled or amplified. Make sure your soundcard settings are not applying special effects, use the proper speaker setup, and try different game-profiles (in Sound Blaster Command - for example).

Some of these things can dramatically affect the results. Also, many of the rF2 car sounds remain out of balance since the sound-engine upgrade. Your results may vary and require altering settings depending on the cars being used, for the time being.

5. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Some people wish for simpler times. Similar to how ffb settings have evolved - "less is more" :p:D

ebeninca likes this.
  6. Vale99

Vale99 Registered

Thanks for the answers.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The formula pro has been updated, the Legacy sliders do not affect that car. So you are hearing the NEW sound engine. (at least if you have the newest updates installed) There are two options above the legacy that may help, One is the Onboard Volume slider and the other is under the sound configuration heading. HRTF Selection has 4 options that change how the sound is delivered.

Vale99 likes this.
  8. Vale99

Vale99 Registered

I have improved a lot following your advice with exaggerated tire sound thanks, but now the noise of the rumble strips seems exaggerated. How can rumble strips sound much louder than a V10 engine? Has no sense.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I agree, those rumble strips are loud. The only time I've heard them in an F1 race is during qualifying at Red Bull Ring. There you could hear them buzz over the last strip prior to the last corner. But I agree, they seem loud. I guess we'll have to listen to more in-car cams to see if they are like that.

10. Gadget11

Gadget11 Registered

Is there a way do disable the rumble strip sounds ? They are coming out my subwoofer and are too distracting

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

under the legacy slider, reduce your soundeffect to around 10% or less, IF YOU ARE USING A NON-UPGRADED car. Always helps to inform us what car(s) you are using.

Gadget11 likes this.
  12. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

well they are copy pasting physics on paid mods and selling it without shame..... don't expect them to bring back simple things such as volume slider even though its literally available on every game/sim in exsistance.
    And i don't agree with high tyre sound either , it bs just like everything else.....hearing tyre over high speed V10 and air, its total nonsense.....don't expect good things here.

Vale99 likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Simulation_Player I see you've moved past adulation and constructive criticism, and now onto cynicism. That's fine, but if you keep mentioning stuff in unrelated threads (the nearly identical DW-12 and IR-18 have literally nothing to do with sounds) your valid opinions will lose impact.

@davehenrie on an earlier post you mentioned the HRTF settings; these have nothing to do with sound balance, it's about creating a surround effect that matches the patterns your brain has developed for your head and ear shape. The right option(s) (which may be one of the few included, or might be one of the hundreds of profiles available on the internet) will let you hear sounds from around you in a realistic fashion. All the wrong ones will sound somewhat more like stereo, not surround.

The game with new cars doesn't have balancing options for different types of noise. If they seem wrong it's fair to discuss it, but bemoaning the lack of options seems fruitless at this stage.

14. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

@Lazza Rfactor 2 itself has lost its validity, don't know how everyone else can be casual about being literally lied/scammed on paid stuff.
    Tried contacting devs via msg in a polite way they don't give a ....
    so i think it is fair to spread the word of S397 authenticity and work, so others might beware of real situation.

Yes it has nothing to do with sounds but I did leave constructive criticism on sound as well, in harsh words but since S397 don't care if you have valid point and how nicely and objectively one tries put it ....so i didn't care as well, and spoke bluntly.

Vale99 likes this.