Released August Q3 2022 Update and Content Drop Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 8, 2022.

1. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

compare the FFB to the workshop Caterham 7 Classic 1.4L K-series:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796127213&searchtext=caterham

In that model there's simply more details in the FFB

2. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

We need full documentation and details about new cuts system, how to properly set it up in our custom tracks and cars, every parameter and configuration needed. "Hey, you just choose default or strict" is not enough for league admins, please take a little time for that, like the perfect explanation we got in track dev forum about pit exit detection.
    Thanks for the update!!! Good job :)

Remco Majoor, McFlex, Emery and 2 others like this.
  3. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

But first... I would love to know how Real Road 2.0 works, and how it interacts with Real Weather plugins :p

Pocisk and Flipo like this.
  4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Seems that they have taken down the Caterham for now. Atleast, I can't find it in the workshop anymore when I search for it through Steam. Will wait a bit until things have settled a bit. Maybe they uploaded the wrong version or something like that. :p

FERNANDO CABRERA likes this.
  6. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Good to hear, the car looks good and behave nice, but without the ffb is impossible to drive in in the limit and also the lacking wheel is quite distracting.
    Better to take it down, fix it and post it again before bad comments and bad scores are given

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

so are you happy ?
    I wait for the Q4 hype.
    Special thanks for the work, it's always a pleasure to see any rF2 improvement.

8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yes this can't be how they intended it to be, damn sure its sposed to be a 5 speed manual box and not a sequential, so summits gone wrong somewhere. Very much looking forward to a fix

memoNo1 likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Is the Cate's tire even close to GTE tires in terms of width and sidewall profile?

10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Damn, I have got 17GB rF2 update right now. And yet to by Q3 things, can't wait to race Mini online. Probably won't play rF2 today/tonight with internet not that fast.

I must say I am surprised by amount of problems known with Caterham already, haven't even tested it yet. Sparks from front wing area ? Anyway what front wings give sparks anyway, but not existing front wing making sparks is even worse. It was seen already in the trailer that objects visibility in various cameras isn't fully sorted out, but invisible wheels from cockpit view is funny. Light FFB ? Wrogn first sign for physics, perhaps it has adjustable caster ? Anyway I pray for its physics, please be good.

I'd definitely much rather have paid Caterham, but with proper production. I am certainly not interested in cars like Alpine, with absurd aero physics, who cares if it is free, not an excuse at official level. Please look serious at free content as well, otherwise don't release or endorse at official level.

Mini so far looks like it should be perfect. In video I saw it drove very true, and it looks incredibly well modeled. Although I saw one issue in a screenshot posted in this forum - the tire tread blur has inconsistent tone normals texture, so where ends meet one end is strongly reflectign light, and other is almost not shiny at all, been there done that with my car models in the past :D

I am delighted that mini doesn't spark, cus with caterham stuff the sparks is turning into comedy.

Emery and memoNo1 like this.
  11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Sometimes you can be really mean..:p
    But you are right.. :D

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

when there are no sparks, because there are no sparks... and when there are sparks, because there are sparks...

13. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Please update the Dev Guide for the new sound engine when you get chance!

Pocisk likes this.
  14. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Caterham ffb suffers from virtually no lateral steering resistance at all. I turned per-car ffb to 350% with little improvement.

Otherwise, the car handles and sounds great. Front Fenders missing from cockpit but, present in replays.

15. rafnix

rafnix Registered

In vr karts from Kartsim still are front engined soundwise and Caterhams misses the front wheels in cockpit view completely. -Player Detail - full- in graphics.

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Nope Multiplying FFB won't help there. Because physics. It is Caster, by default it is very low, perhaps it makes car a bit faster somehow ? I also like a bit more feel, luckily it turns out to be adjustable, you can go above 4degs up to 6degs of Caster and it starts feeling rather good. Although it wasn't so bad with 3degs IMO, just little feel of cornering force due low mechanical trail.

Caterham is first car I just tried. I think I like it a lot for the physics. Expected a little bit more dancing and neutrality at the mid turn phase, but it pretty much is close to what I'd assume awesome physics in my mind. Just did 10 laps at Oulton, possibly I haven't yet discovered al of the car, it does seem to have a tendency to feel greater every lap though.

Commenting from ingame, awesome function BTW

RaceNut likes this.
  17. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

force feedback is strong and has good feeling, only very low on normal setting. Try car specific multipl. 130 or something when you have normal 60 on other cars

18. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Just for reference on the Per car ffb, most cars are left at 100% strength.

I currently have the Caterham at 400% / Mini at about 250% but, thanks for sharing the Caster change, I'll give that a try.

19. Lucian Lexon

Lucian Lexon Registered

How can I update it, on Steam?
    Is the update released, already?

20. Lars

Lars Registered

Q3 2022 ist released since yesterday...
    in steam ,rfactor2 - properties - BETAS .. you have to select "none"