Dev-Talk Feedback and Suggestions

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 23, 2020.

1. shiet

shiet Registered

Aaaand, that was the first and the last dev-talk. :D:rolleyes:
    Good job.

2. Binny

Binny Guest

Surely you have a 1 yr plan and so on for the next few yrs, will you meet them this yr ?
    1 I'm sure we would all like to know is, bug issues and performance/optimization will this be addressed this yr or in the coming yr ?
    Great to see a dev talk something a lot of ppl miss I bet, cannot wait for the coming UI developments.

3. Binny

Binny Guest

IMHO you are to wide spread in this area no need for so many social media outlets, i believe discord, FB and the forum is enough, with the forum used for polls not twitter how many social media outlets do you want us on ? As a corporation you might find the need to be on them all but the user does not.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What about people on Twitter who aren't on Facebook? Should they suggest facebook and discord aren't needed?

It's not about what one customer uses, or making a decision which platforms your users need to use to see updates. It's about maximising exposure in all the places your users, and potential users, are.

(Not saying it's being done perfectly, mind you)

Binny likes this.
  5. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Make F12 usable to get screenshots with transparent background in PNG format, so we, the car painters, can get decent screenshots to use to finish cars in a decent ways. All this without losing lots of time with tough to use addons or to be forced to go back to the original UI. I´ve painted around 30 cars, and could have painted a lot more for sure, but I am done with the current state of affairs on this subject.
    TBH, it is much easier to do this with AC and cars done by privateers are a very cheap way to promote a car sim.
    I am quite close to be done with rFactor2 atm. There is no fun for me anymore here atm.

6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I wonder when S397 will fix this annoying "brake-gas" thing in every (offline) race corner..

This happens for all offline races and with every car (i guess it s something bout their ai lines?...)

Do we have any news about that?

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Hasn't been any news for ages, however, the new sound engine dramatically reduces the incar sounds from the other cars, so at least while driving updated cars you don't hear the on/off hardly at all. Replays might be another story.

8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I think that S397 should take some lessons from the ACC counterpart..:)

9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

You must be joking.. ACC is completely different software and doesn't even have modding or different versions, also it was made from zero with all in place..

Just relax guys, sound update is new and Will improve, the lack of patience from people nowadays is impressive..

10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I know it s a different sw. Was just reffering to the (offline) ai in terms of car behaviour. No stop and go brakes all the time during turns

What sound has to do with ai?

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Could have sworn I answered the sound thingy, the new sound engine inflates your engine note and tunes down the outside cars EXCEPT when passing directly by. While you can still see the brake lights flashing, when driving in the cars that have updated sound, you just don't hear the on/off/on/off. Replays are most likely another story. And of course 3rd party cars that have not yet been updated.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Why do people keep posting in this thread? "Suggestions" refers to the abandoned dev talks. There are places for bug reports and wishlist items.

13. Binny

Binny Guest

Not enough moderators here to keep the forum on track, been like this since ISI days. Just a ISI forum handed over to s397 and nothing really ever done to make it any better.