[REL] 1954 Endurance Sports Cars (modded Cobra) [v1300 2022-08-04]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by woochoo, Jul 28, 2017.

1. woochoo

woochoo Registered

v1.300 is now up on Steam Workshop!
    - Changed class names from (for example) "Cobra_1954Endur_S5.0" to "1954_S5.0".
    - Custom collision meshes for each unique car shape.
    - Car #37 (Fisher-North) now using Fisher-North coupe physics (as used by #36 and #38 Fisher-North coupe cars), due to an unexpected issue seemingly related to the interaction of physics and the new collision shape (sorry).
    - Tweaked headlight glow texture brightness (a little dimmer).
    - Tweaked cockpit gauge texture colour (still dark during the day, but at night it looks like a pleasant glow).
    - Changed package file name from "AC_472SC_1954_Endurance" to "AC_427SC_1954_Endurance" (sorry, a long-term typo correction, that almost no one will have seen).

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    ling, datasting, atomed and 17 others like this.
  2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Round 2 of the GPLaps HRRC coming up today!

8Ball, ling, datasting and 8 others like this.
  3. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

Just gotta stick to what I practiced.

ling, datasting, mantasisg and 5 others like this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Had some more time plus inspiration for rF2 lately. Very good times for all sorts of rF2 development, I hope it continues this way.

Watched some streams from HRRC events of Spa and Longford. Checked out some details about these series, and I am so impressed about the level of organization, attendance and popularity it has achieved. Awesome to see JustRace platform being used, I think it is very good. Scheduled events are all very interesting.

I have no idea how people choose the car, because I can't decide, they all seem to be a trouble at one or another event haha It is going to be very interesting to see how 2L and 3L cars will stand against top class cars in Targa Florio.

5. Darren Hilton

Darren Hilton Registered

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask... Where can we get the real life skins like the guys were using in GPLaps races? I don't mind the fake car name, but it would be nice to have them look as correct as possible. Thanks or your time.

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I maybe wrong, but I think what was used in those races are fictional skins. The original mod is based on the real skins.

7. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

Yep, they're all custom painted by the drivers themselves or someone else participating, and mostly kinda-sorta-manufacturery-regional in theme. I pulled my colors from this thing.

8. woochoo

woochoo Registered

The HRRC has been excellent so far. Coming up to the final round in France. Pre-Qualification is next week.
    People are still able to join. It's difficult to qualify for the races, but everyone is welcome to give it a shot in preQ, which will be open 24hrs a day Monday to Friday. The 2hr race is Saturday. There will be a live stream with comms.
    There will probably be a support race run in parallel for those that don't quite have the pace, or the car performance, but are still able to do a decent lap within a few percent of the second-fastest quali time.
    There is a great welcoming, inclusive, enthusiastic community around this series. The vibe is a delight.
    Come try and set a quali time next week. Just being a part of the preQ week is a great experience :)
    I love the posters GPLaps has been making for each round

Check the series rulebook for info and signup instructions:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TN0nLNfk3brLQVAXJml5aAePXU0iPsE6lzliACATcmo/edit
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    Bostrom, ling, datasting and 16 others like this.
  9. datasting

datasting Registered

10. woochoo

woochoo Registered

HSO's 2023 Gold Star Championship is underway, with quite a number of regular events.
    They've put together a selection of old-style tracks, some new historic liveries, and a few physics mods.
    They're welcoming of new participants, and things are being conducted with a nice friendly sporting camaraderie.
    https://historicsimracing.forumotion.com/t4522-2023-gold-star-schedule
    https://historicsimracing.forumotion.com/t4526-2023-gold-star-spotter-s-guide
    One of the front running drivers, ReDY, has put together a couple of clips of first-lap action after the Monaco and Spa rounds.
    I took the liberty of heaping a bunch of old/vintage film effects/vibe on them, just for kicks.
    Sit back, way back, with a tea or coffee etc :)

Bostrom, philmahre, vava74 and 9 others like this.
  11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

The 1954 season of HSO's Gold Star series is underway.
    Here is the first lap video from the final round of 1953, in Italy.

for 1954, with the combined efforts of a few of the drivers and myself (i'm not driving), we plan to make some more engaging first-lap videos.

Bostrom, davehenrie, GeraArg and 9 others like this.
  12. atomed

atomed Member

These have to be some of the best video montages I´ve seen in simracing, great job.

pascom, vava74 and woochoo like this.
  13. vava74

vava74 Registered

Any reason why the videos are not public on your YT page?

14. woochoo

woochoo Registered

because i stole ReDY's first Monaco video capture and slapped the effects on it without asking.
    But since he's cool with it, they might as well be public now. They will be in a few moments...
    Includes a playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2YLp9oalQ19EqvT4RafIKZKnjGNE4onI

pkelly, atomed and vava74 like this.
  15. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@woochoo - absolutely brilliant vids:D...and cars...merci.

Bostrom and vava74 like this.
  16. vava74

vava74 Registered

The videos are... awesome!
    My only remark -- master nitpicker in action here -- is that commentary at that (historical) time was done in a faster and more enthusiastic tone (and high pitched, due to the recording challenges/limitations) during race action.
    I tried 1.25x speed on YT and it felt perhaps a tiny bit too fast, but the sound is a bit too clear and there's also a tiny bit of enthusiasm missing.

atomed and pascom like this.
  17. atomed

atomed Member

Please never change @vava74 , you would be the best beta tester in the world, even though the developers would hate you so much :p

datasting and vava74 like this.
  18. woochoo

woochoo Registered

The fun continues in the HSO 1954 Gold Star series. A 20min recap of the four 10-lap sprint races at Castle Combe.

The next race is this weekend, 2h45m at the big French circuit. There will be a recap video :)

ling, Bostrom, 8Ball and 6 others like this.
  19. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Review film of the 2h45min of Le Grand Circuit, from the Historic SimRacing Organisation's 1954 Gold Star Championship.
    A highlight event of the series, presented here in 28mins.
    Also includes some updates to car bodies and textures, which will eventually be included in the public workshop version of the mod.

Legend, McFlex, atomed and 9 others like this.
  20. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Recently, the Gold Star Championship at Oulton Park

And more recently, the penultimate round of the 1954 Gold Star Championship at Zandvoort

Bostrom, pascom, jimagn and 4 others like this.