Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Best of luck, I drank myself into the Emergency room yesterday. A sugary Latte` and it spiked my glucose levels so high that I needed a ride in the Ambulance to get an insulin injection before I blanked out. Covid is WAAYY more worser. Be well.

nonamenow likes this.
  2. mel1c

mel1c Registered

:( Guys, come back with better news

nonamenow likes this.
  3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well I'm still negative after 5 days so good news for me. Pain is just a stupid broken rib. Huge PITA for simracing.

jimagn and davehenrie like this.
  4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

This week we stick with the F3's and are taking on Watson Raceway. I know we don't normally do fantasy tracks but this has a nice flow about it and it's certainly tricky enough to be lots of fun.

5. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Glad to hear your rubber is still on the road.

nonamenow likes this.
  6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Been missing you mate.

7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Was lucky to have a track perfectly suited to my driving this week and was left alone while everyone duked it out behind. Won't have the same luxury this week. Off to Riverside Nascar in our trusty F3's.

Connor likes this.
  8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Managed a win but was lucky that WL71 had VR issues. Bad luck mate. This week we are off to Gnoo Blas which is an old track that was quite close to Bathurst. Think my run of Spark friendly tracks just came to an end. :D

Connor likes this.
  9. Connor

Connor Registered

You drove well them 2 races Paul .. Riverside ! Once you got passed you nailed it :cool:;):) (VR) Glitched & view put me lower in the seat so sight was low behind the dash/wheel LOL:eek::rolleyes: so couldn't see where the track was then I heard yea & only hoped I was out of your way , Mel then tracked me down .. we had a touch ( Not Your Fault Was A Pure Racing Incident Mel ) & that was all she wrote Great Race Fun Was Had.. Had Fun Last Night @ Gnoo Blass Congrats Cookie well deserved Win .. Sorry to Tarantula for the Hit or Hits :rolleyes: was great Racing till it wasn't then it was Great Crashing I Guess o_O:rolleyes: LOL Cheers Lads

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

After a gear issue on the start that saw me way back in last I managed to slowly made my way back to 2nd thanks to a few mistakes.
    Will post this weeks track shortly.

11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Off to NZ this week at Pukekohe Park. Server is on the latest build.

12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server 2 has been setup to try something different as regards to player base. More details will come later.

13. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Mysterious. :eek:

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Pretty ordinary race for me this week. Had a spin challenging for 3rd and that was the end of that.:D
    This week we are heading to Darwin, Australia. Hidden Valley Raceway (workshop. Nibiru's version). I don't think we've raced here before or if we have it was a long time ago.

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server 2 has switched to the Mini for some fun.

16. Connor

Connor Registered

Hidden Valley Raceway knew a 1:17 was in it but wasn't for me .. Great Drive by EPD - TTB & Cookie ..
    Qualifying Times
    1st 1:17.954 - 2nd 1:18.074
    3rd 1:18.125 - 4th 1:18.426
    5th 1:18.573 - 6th 1:18.652
    Nice

Got bogged down in 2nd gear & found it was way way off what was needed :confused::rolleyes: My Bad & My Bad start set me up for disaster in the 1st corner .. just when I thought I had escaped without issue got a much needed kick in the Arse from Kresh LOL ( Racing Incident Kresh No Problems ) On that Note:: Sam4Cag .. Sorry 1st Lap :rolleyes: My Bad at the HairPin :oops::oops: Could have been a tad cleaner on your inside :eek::rolleyes: .. all I can say is 4th & lucky to have got that LOL :D:D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    nonamenow likes this.
  17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I got a great start and stuck with EPD for a few laps but a couple of tiny mistakes put me far enough away to not be a threat. Nice driving from him, barely made a mistake.
    Haven't tested it yet but so far we are of to Aldo Scrbante in the F3. Might have a car change next week.

18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well that was a fun combo. Bad start with the car in front bogging down but managed to work my way through the field and get a reasonable break thanks to some mistakes.Had a lot of fun battles on the way.
    Change of car this week guys. Caterhams @ Crystal Palace.
    Please note if you don't have a shifter you'll need to switch to auto clutch for this.

asdangus likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

First race for me for ages, thankfully raced here possibly late last year so a few laps were enough to find my way around again, trundled around near the back of the field and only made 1 major mistake, happy with a 5th considering. Only thought to check setup brake strength after warmup and turning that up helped a bit (turned my load cell up at some point, heel toe is a bit challenging for me especially barefoot), then didn't think to check on tyre wear until nearly 2/3 through the race - at which point I remembered/realised these tyres are pretty hard lol. Tried to get more on the limit without falling off with mixed success, and the worst tyre was still only down to 89% by the end.

Couple of annoying shifting errors, made worse by the lack of feedback from the game when you're not in gear, but just going to have to live with that I guess.

7th Samurai wiped the floor with most of the field (and celebrated 100 online races... sheesh, who counts that stuff? :D) and WhiteLightning had great consistency - I nearly matched the fastest laptime of everyone except 7thSam, but I was well behind most of you by the end.

Hopefully see you again next week!

asdangus and nonamenow like this.
  20. asdangus

asdangus Registered

7th Sam here. yup, some not only count the number of races but keep a diary on every single one with comments and lap/race times and core stats. helps with reflection, tracking progress and motivation.
    so: 100 races at 59 different tracks with 42 different cars across 22 leagues. 13 races with F3 Fanatics at 8.9 drivers per race. let's round it up to 9 before we go double digit!! :)

cool to have you back Lazza and hope to see you all guys on track soon!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    Lazza likes this.