Released GTE and Oreca 07 New Tyre Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's part of the car. It also stops an exploit as Dave says, where shifting unrealistically early helps to slow the car. They could have just made the engine blow up when doing that instead and you'd be forced to drive it properly - just as now.

Learning how to drive the car, making the most of engine braking while allowing some leeway to avoid missing a shift, is part of the skill as a driver. This happens in real life too.

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

The first sentence... are you like 12? But let me try and take you seriously.

They have shift protection irl, so it should be in the sim as well. This together with the machine-gun downshifting exploit, this is already a strong reason to have it.

The on the limit part is now with the brakes locking tires, rather than exploding your engine, which is much better, definitely in endurance races. So you are still driving on the limit

Agahnim likes this.
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  4. Stevy

Stevy Registered

regarding shift protection, is there a way to turn that beep sound off when shift protection 'protects'?

5. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

After a few hours testing the GTE class, a priori I like it less than before, I have tried 2 Aston and Ferrari cars in both I feel very little oversteer I have had to tweak parameters in my DD but I still feel less than before.
    i will keep trying

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

also its a real life feature

Maarten Nauta likes this.
  7. Pedro Crulas Gomes

Pedro Crulas Gomes Registered

Negative

I drove irl gt3 car, the huracan, is has shift protection but it doesn’t remove the maximum engine braking capabilities of the car !

It only removes the engine exploding possibilities, not the engine braking !

So the way it is made now is not as in real life !

Kevin Karas and maikoheart like this.
  8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Then how does shift protection work in your mind?

9. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Hi,
    what's with the sound? I use the GTE 911 Porsche and I dind't hear the tire sound, very very quietly and when I move the slider from the engine sound .. nothing. The motor is too loud. the only slider whith works is the inboard volume.
    I can not drive now on the limit with this tires and without good tire sound.
    The BMW M4 GT3 was perfect to drive on the limit but what's this here with the GTE cars ? Some bugs ?

Ok, I test a little bit relaxed on NOS with the GTE 911 Porsche. The tires are crazy ... you have to drive carfully. I have around 3% tire wear a lap NOS (tourist) with relax drivig but when you drive quicker more on the limit 10% tire wear 1 Lap Nos (6:32)
    I think its more real now and very good handling, more simulation.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    Andreas Seibel and Juan Cofiño like this.
  10. Andreas Seibel

Andreas Seibel Registered

Hi,
    I have the same sound problem with all GTE cars, tire sound much to quiet. Wishful were setting possibilities like for the old sound engine in the legacy setting box. If the use of sliders cause problems (as I somewhere read) lets have an initial file or something likewise.
    In worst case - how can I switch to the old sound engine for the GTE cars???

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Loving new tire ! I think it is addictive. Not easy, but it feels intuitive, realistic, interesting and fun.

My go to car now is BMW. And I love testing in Nurburgring no chicane track, it is beautiful and just goes so well.

I am now fresh after awesome practice session in Nurburgring. Car is demanding at the limit and driving abruptly is not tolerated much, handling makes sense, to me it is not easy to go sideways without loosing control and unstable moments does scare me as it should, so you really want limit those slip angles at just those couple degs at high speeds, and at low speeds be as quick as possible to steer in and out of the higher degrees slide. IDK if I would be able to powerslide boldly or drift it, maybe on some specific circumstances and with mad skill.

As laps go by, it is a great to progrssively feel more in tune with the car and going fast becomes less worrying about just how to keep control, and more about how to stay concentrated as you know what to do and you anticipate logical things so limits makes more sense. I love to oversteer tiny bit on slow-medium turns exits, and try to induce some neutral steer mid turn on fast ones, not easy, but it comes with practice. I keep straightening steering bit too late, so after those little quick slides I keep on getting little movement towards tankslaper zone, some of it is due dampening in FFB and some of it due to lack of particular skill, being too gentle and slow with my arms. Although completely avoiding slides higher than 4-5degs at all would be surely more efficient in terms of laptime and tire wear, but having some dance with a car is more fun.

pkelly and EricW like this.
  12. EricW

EricW Registered

I'm curious what the tyres will do on GT in full esports setup and style together with real road 2.0 and if this will ultimately result in more realistic temps and tyre wear.

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It’s on the car in real life, so you either have to make do, learn how to drive with it or drive something else.

pkelly likes this.
  14. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

Good afternoon, I imagine that this will be the reporting thread?
    Does the bmw m8 gte have the eternal soft tires? 45' or more in silverstone at a pace of 58/59? with track temperatures between 44/46 degrees .... this is not good in my opinion.
    all the other vehicles used hard/medium and they wear out just like a single-seater now it turns out that with medium/hard you hardly get to an hour of stint, I'm not the only one who thinks this needs a review.

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

is the option set per vehicle good for the wheel rotation???
    For the GTE and GT3 it's for all 540, it's not true at all for all these cars.
    ACC is far more realistic about wheel rotation, the cars in ACC has the real life wheel rotation.
    Can we have the real life wheel rotation for the GTE and GT3 and not the generic 540????
    I'm really disappointed, I have to seek on google the real life wheel rotation and to adjust it manually with a corrected steering ratio.
    It's your job to do this for us.

16. EricW

EricW Registered

How on earth can you be upset about this when the steering wheel and dash itself are even not accurately modelled to real life like e.g. in ACC.
    I've learned from insiders now, just drive and stop complaining, or do it yourself.
    Realism out of the window from now on.

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

+1

18. Liuke44

Liuke44 Registered

The slipstream has no effect on the maximum speed (std setup no lemans track spa). It feels and disturbs in the curve but on the straight it has no effect. Practically with the c8 it is impossible to overtake, I do not know the other GTEs but I guess it is the same thing .....
    It turns out to you too?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  19. instinkt

instinkt Registered

I have some weird "problem"
    to me it feels like Aston and BMW engine sound is shifted much more to the right headphone which is really uncomfortable after some time behind the wheel to the point I just can't use these cars - did anyone noticed this?
    other GTE cars, 992 Porsche, Oreca are all fine (I guess these are on the new sound "engine")

I'm using HyperX Cloud 2 headphones if it change anything, help

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  20. Magus

Magus Registered

@instinkt Lazza did a great post HERE

Look at switching the HRTF profile in the sound option of rF2 and if that fails, possibly creating a custom one.