Where will rfactor be in 10 years?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dalmation, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

In 10 years where would rfactor be? If it still here in 10 years it could mean it will be two decades old. I think it won’t be here and rfactor 3 will be here instead. What is your thoughts about this and what could be likely to be different?

2. Bart S

Bart S Member

You must be really bored today

3. Joel.Brown

Joel.Brown Registered

Where will you be in 10 years ?

4. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

10 years is long time ....i don't think it is possible to get good answers.

trichens likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I'll be using rF2 release candidate with raytracing in VR at 244fps with Neuro Feedback plugged into my brain to simulate G forces, sense of inertia and sense of responsibility not to crash by then astronomically expensive 1960s racecars. Racing against AI uploaded directly from top worlds human racers minds, making AI experience basically same as best possible multiplayer racing. Doin that while on my four day flight to construction site on Mars, where I will be lead engineer and cheating my earth wife with hot alien chicks who will always be matching me on Tinder.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    JParra, Bjørn, Gonzo and 10 others like this.
  6. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

In 10 years I will still be waiting for the Motec data logging integration that was mentioned in roadmap May 2018 to be finished.

7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

[​IMG]

Binny, mantasisg and memoNo1 like this.
  8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

This so much hahaha. Probably won't happen soon indeed

9. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

waste of electricity

10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Dude, one question.
    Did you have the strength for all these things in 10 years?
    Or do we already have the opportunity to keep ourselves forever young with robo technology and DNA cloned replacement body parts?
    I don't know it..
    But your vision sounds very encouraging.
    especially the alien chicks..
    Mano man.. What can they do?
    Do we still feel like SimRacing then?
    I think so, every now and then...

mantasisg likes this.
  11. Simulation_Player

sexy single alien chicks near you....only 1 light years far !

McFlex and mantasisg like this.
  12. Simulation_Player

i didn't knew anything like that was promised, well damp plugin getting job done.
    I would also like additional channels and especially more output rate (Hz)...atleast 300Hz

13. Binny

Binny Guest

Meanwhile back on Earth your wife is screwing transhuman AI, wonder who is having the most fun ?:D

mantasisg likes this.
  14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I personally think real racing in 10 years will be dead for us "old school racing fans", because races will become Netflix BS (like F1 is already) and probably race cars will become electric and lots of series will die due to lack of support. I just hope Simracing will keep throwing titles at us, specially moddable, so we can drive real old school racing cars in a modern sim, otherwise rFactor2 will live forever...

Binny, Simulation_Player and memoNo1 like this.
  15. Simulation_Player

electrification of race car is extremely bad, i just can't love ev noise. yes noise is "wasted" energy.
    well in a way race cars are waste of time....they have 0% real life praticality....it is entertainment at the end of the day, so in this way ICE engines are wayy more entertaining than electric cars...so much variety , uniqueness etc.
    dtm is going down full electric, which is pretty poor decision compared to their 2020 and older cars.

and ev are not that enviorment friendly at all, so idk why big manufacturer are doing these stupid things....probably just following latest agenda, trend.

Binny, memoNo1 and Rui Santos like this.
  16. I have been working on computers more or less continously since 1983 when IBM PC jr. was released ... according my experience I would say mantasisg is closest ;-)

<sarcasm> Why not? I have been told electricity is provided by socket in the wall and does not produce any CO2 or something bad for the environment ... ;-) </sarcasm>

17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

According to some studies, the way batteries are created, they pollute what a diesel car pollutes in 10 years, because they're not made with clean energy... also, to create a battery you have to destroy 200 tons of land, which is just stupid and will destroy the environment, this is more hipocrisy than anything else, definitely not the future, just food for fools...

Like @Simulation_Player said (and i 100% agree), we're just following an agenda, the lobby is strong, considering there are already other technologies...

18. Sad but true ...

Binny, Simulation_Player and memoNo1 like this.
  19. Simulation_Player

And yet some stupid people think that they are doing their part in saving the environment by buying EV.....
    (Edit: not saying buying ev is stupid but the idea that ,one is saving environment by doing so is.
    i can see why someone would choose ev over ICE in day to day commute )

I even read that ev cars have less recyclable parts, moreover the battery turns into radioactive waste....to think that major manufacturers are completely switching over to EV in upcoming years....is tiktok level stupidity.

There so many good videos out there showing why ev are definitely not solution, especially where the technology is now currently, and i doubt it will make miraculous jump matching IC engines....that have been developed, polished for almost a century.

One quote i remember, moving a 150-200 pound human in 3000+ pound car/ truck will never be environmental friendly, no matter source of power.
    mass transport, walkable cities are way to go if these big guys really want to save environment.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    Rui Santos and memoNo1 like this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Tell us all what you really think, guys. :rolleyes:

I don't like watching or (virtually) driving EV, for a number of reasons, yet.

Still, that doesn't shape my interpretation of facts in terms of EV vs ICE environmental impact (lifetime, from manufacture to disposal) where most reputable analyses vote in favour of EV. Not as the ultimate solution but as the lesser of two evils, even with the current energy markets (which will probably shift markedly towards renewables in the coming decades, tilting the balance further to EV).

But I'll refrain from calling people stupid, because... well, it's easy to not insult others.

Alessio Feletto likes this.