Released July 2022 Release Candidate Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 13, 2022.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

With the options available in the new UI, that go back to the first UI iterations and are still there (for obvious reasons hopefully) you can see that ISI had quite big ambitions when they created rF2. Sadly all of this never really came to fruition and we are just seeing, what this sim is capable of with the recent updates. I got to be honest, dynamic ambient and track temps have been very high on my personal wishlist and it's great to see that the studio is pushing in that direction. Dynamic weather with all this functionality and the underlying physics engine is a very complex task, so it's to be expected that there are some issues, as with the AI for example. That said, some of the stuff can be tested in DEV mode. This is a video from 2016, so wind should be possible even if just visual at the beginning:

Simulation_Player and mantasisg like this.
  2. lagg

lagg Registered

How many years.
    I didn't remember that test

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Take Indianapolis for example, if you don't take the warm up lane out of the pit lane, and instead go straight to turn 1, you'll get a penalty. Same for Daytona, if you don't go around the bend in the pit lane, and instead just go straight onto the track, you'll get a penalty. I think you can also get a penalty if you cross the pit exit line too early, but it depends on how people have set up their tracks.

4. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I hope that it's configurable for practice, qualifying and race, since they don't always have to use the warm up lane at Indianapolis. For example, for IndyCar qualifying they go straight onto the track and during the race, they can enter pit lane directly from the track under green.

Lars likes this.
  5. olligreen

olligreen Registered

I hope you are right...
    REALLY hope this big fps affecting sound issue s*** is fixed now... ;)

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If everything is optimized and goes well, I think it is a great update, it is a very good advance, very interesting, we will continue testing:)

Corti and Deleted member 58016 like this.
  7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Ooohw, makes sense then

Bill Worrel likes this.
  8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Noted, Pit Exit is monitored only, not Pit Entry, but at present it's not possible to have different rules in different sessions.

Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  9. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I should add that NASCAR has similar relaxed restrictions in qualifying on ovals.

In practice or race, they're required to stay on the apron or below the white line through turns 1 and 2 on ovals, whereas in qualifying they're allowed to go right up onto the banking exiting the pits, since it's single car qualifying.

rF2 leagues typically simulate this using private qualifying.

Alexandr Meshkov and Lars like this.
  10. MASERASER

MASERASER Registered

I have no sound in the race since the new RC update. In the menu there is sound and in the settings I find no hint

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The exterior sounds have been re balanced when you are using cars with the latest sound updates. Like the IR18, fPro, GTE & BTCC & Oreca 07. So much so that they are often hard to hear. But if you have zero sound, check to see how many sound fx channels you have enabled. Top right column of the sound options. The number can go from Zero to 256.

12. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I'd like to suggest an enhancement. The issue is when you start a session. It sets the track temp to be the same as the air temp. So for instance at Spa. I have it set to 15C (actually, I have this set to F in settings and the session UI doesn't respect this) air temps, and the track temp is the same, but drive a few laps and the track temp goes up to 30C as you'd expect. But we really need the starting condition to already be at 30C, or at least, some higher temp given the amount of sunshine/cloud cover there is. A bit like the feature you added, for starting amount of track wetness, rather than starting in the dry and gradually getting wet as rain fell over the first few minutes. Or maybe, have a weather slot that covers 15 minutes before the session starts or whatever, to set the initial values.

I'd also point out the UI is still completely inconsistent on what it shows as temperatures and rain when going into the session screen, before starting the actual session. I think it is pulling either a global default, or conditions for the race session. But I only ever run with a practive session, no qual or race session. When I go into those settings to verify (temp, rain, green or rubbered track) it pulls correctly, then I go back to the start/summary screen, and the values now show those from the selected session.

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

Wall riding penalty seems harsh. 3 laps in a row at official Daytona /Stock Car x I get 0.25 for being run into the wall by AI and losing spots?
    daytonawallr.jpg

14. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

ABS and Build v. 1130
    Unfortunately, I have to say that some cars become almost undriveable for me.
    GTE and e.g. the Oreca.
    Before I could put ABS on high with F9 and everything is fine for me. I can brake very well, tires only slip very little, great.
    Now the F9 key is practically ineffective on the mentioned cars.
    After three corners I have flat spots and shake the steering wheel constantly for the rest of the lap! Of course, because brake plate spots are there. The shaking is annoying so I park the car after another frustrating lap.
    Unfortunately, there is not yet an adjustment option like the TEST-SennaGTR.
    Just think you should solve it differently.
    F9 key before sets the degree of control as before.
    The above all good drivers can then adjust everything in the engine menu as far as it suits them.
    Only for us occasional drivers is so heavier and more complicated.
    Not all here are aliens or voting connoisseurs!
    There are also normal people.
    As with the current Build 1130, ABS is really no longer fun for me on different cars!
    Ok, I can go back to the 1128 version, but I don't really want to.
    I only ask, let's not hang normal drivers too badly.
    In a real car, a no ABS car always feels more real than on a computer. The pedals and the steering wheel never reproduce this as in real life!
    Never!
    It may still come across well from the FFB steering wheel, but from the pedals, the real feeling is just missing.
    (Testing with Fanatc GT3RSV2 and CSP V3)
    My opinion about it!

15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

GTE and Oreca donĀ“t offer ABS as an electronic feature based on real world regulations, what u are using is a driving assist and not compareable. GT3 cars offer ABS as you like

16. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

I know that many cars don't actually have electronic ABS. I'm perfectly clear.
    But I care about one thing.
    It must also be fun for few drivers to move such cars without large tuning adjustment options.
    This was also possible before!
    Build 1126 or 1128.
    Oreca ABS with F9 on high and everything is fine!
    If 397 relies too much on real existing yes and no, you may very well lose some long-time casual drivers with it.
    Unless you give us the opportunity, as an example here ABS.
    Set it beforehand with F9, for all cars.
    As it was before.
    Anyone who drives GTE, i.e. cars without ABS, can choose with F9!
    Good example of the McLaren Senna GTR
    I choose F9 ABS high.
    In the engine menu I can now easily adjust the ABS parameters as I need them or not.
    Why make it complicated when it could be easier like before!

17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

To brake effectively you must learn the Treshold Braking technique.
    Here is a very interesting article about braking. https://drivingfast.net/braking/
    At the same time I recommend the book Ultimate Speed Secrets by Ross Bentley. I learned a lot there. Also available as an e-book.
    The book is almost 300 pages.
    I have marked all points in this book that deal with the subject of braking with red markers. Half the book is full of red markers! This means nothing is more important than clean, consistent braking.
    Treshold braking means depressing the brake pedal sensitively but quickly until the blocking point. The GT3 drivers do this too and want to avoid getting into the ABS.
    I discovered my love for the Indycar in the Q1 Qualifier Pack. However, this car does not have ABS. I always have flat spots. Because I only knew and used vehicles with ABS.
    I've been practicing continuously with the GTE brakes in races for the last 4 weeks.
    I finally get it! No more flat spots!
    You have to push the pedal gentle but quickly from point 0 to the required position and quickly downshift to also use the braking effect of the engine. Like I said, it takes a lot of practice.
    But hey, anyone who has landed at rF2 wants to know how the professionals drive the vehicles and which techniques are necessary to perform.
    And if you can brake correctly, you have mastered more than a third of this fantastic lifestyle in persona SimRacing:D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    EricW and mesfigas like this.
  18. Flipo

Flipo Registered

"During race sessions earn warning points, if 3 points are acquired in one go, or you pass the cumulative point limit threshold (5 by default) a drive through is given. The size of penalty increases for extreme cuts."

What happens when a user has already been sanctioned with a drive through for exceeding the 5 point limit?
    does the count return to zero? o For each small cut of a single 1 point is he penalized with another drive through?
    or do you have to accumulate another 3 points in a single incident or 5 points to receive another drive through?
    some information is missing.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    juanchioooo likes this.
  19. EricW

EricW Registered

It's this complicated IRL...
    And while this is a racing simulation I can only applaud it.
    I agree that maybe for entry level or learning purposes a fully working easy setting should be there.
    As long as it is significantly slower than expert mode.

kro388th and juanchioooo like this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if you get used to doing things well even if they are difficult, you will always do it well... even so, I agree with you