Silverstone Pit cheating

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DiggerHawk, Jul 14, 2022.

1. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

It is possible due to the way the pit lane works at Silverstone that a car can come in to the pits and gain positions or set a fastest lap.
    This is caused by the pitlane short cutting the chicane at the end of the lap and the pitlane speed limit being too fast.
    In this video you can see that the AI car was in fourth place before pitting on the last lap but ended up winning the race due to their pit box being after the finish line. Presumably this could happen in real life so the pit lane speed limit has to be set accordingly.

This example is using the International layout but I guess the same can be said for the GP layout.

DJCruicky likes this.
  2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

And some people say AI is bad in rf2 :D

Badboy and Alessio Feletto like this.
  3. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

It reminds me the Donnington F1 GP from 1993, when Senna set the fastest lap on pit lane... ahahhaah... at that time there was no speed limit at the pit.

They changed the pit entrance after that.

upload_2022-7-14_11-58-34.png

I don't know if it's possible to change offline, but definitely in online servers is possible to define the pit speed limit as you wish.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  4. Hasn't Schumacher won a race in pit lane in Silverstone, I think back in the late 90ies because he got a penalty and got three rounds to serve it; last one he could come in was also the last one of the race and as his pit was behind the finishing line he won the race ... I think there were some rumors after that and so it was decided that you cannot serve a penalty in the races last round or so? ;-)

Seems Silverstone is always good for a surprise ;-)

lagg and Rui Santos like this.
  5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I cant speak for all levels of racing but in BRSCC races you only count as a finisher if you take the chequered flag on track. You can't finish in pit lane (I did it at Silverstone in May as I ran low on fuel and was shown as DNF)

Rui Santos likes this.
  6. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I checked the Log analyzer for the race and the car pitted because it was low on fuel, although it still had enough to finish in reality but you all know rF2's AI logic sometimes.

I remember the Schumacher incident and being rather annoyed by it at the time, not a Schumacher fan.

7. Same here ... both. But there were a lot of other situations Ross managed to get out of without loosing :-/

DiggerHawk likes this.