Batch files usable in offline

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by RoboCAT10, Jul 3, 2022.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I would like to see batch files usable in offline mode - more specifically the one which lets you choose the starting grid order. You can currently do this in a dedicated server by typing 'Batch BatchTemplateQ1' in the chat box, and this sorts the grid order in the position they qualified.

You currently can't do this in offline which makes coming back a day or so later to do the race a pain. I also don't believe there is any other way to sort the starting grid order.

Can batch files like the one I described please be usable in offline? This would make things so much easier!

jayarrbee36 and fluffert like this.
  2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

This would be nice.
    But, there is a 2nd problem they would need to overcome if you wanting to come back a day later to do race......
    You never get the same AI driver names as you did the last time you loaded the game. See screen shots. I loaded the track, took screen shot, then exited back to menu, loaded the track again and took 2nd screen shot, as you can see not many driver names are the same.
    20220703140224_1.jpg 20220703140316_1.jpg
    This would make it impossible to sorts the grid order in the position they qualified the day before because all the names are different.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Would creating a RFMOD solve the problem of different drivers?

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@RoboCAT10 Why don't you use the in rF2 integrated Dedicated Server (to avoid to have to install the Steam Command Dedicated), create an rfmod with the Cars/Tracks that you want to use, as @davehenrie has suggested already and join the Server by LAN?
    In that Way, you can use all Commands that you can use online.
    And that should also work (i guess), if you block the Internet Access of the Dedicated Server in the Firewall.

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I have been using a dedicated server but lately I am having a lot of issues with it. An example of one is cars disappearing and teleporting, or floating in the air. I don't get any issue like that at all when just running offline. My PC obviously can not handle the game itself and a dedicated server all at once anymore, and I don't get why.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

That sounds a bit strange.
    How do you join the Server, over the Server List or a Shortcut direct Connection Link by using the IP 127.0.0.1?

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I would open up the dedicated server and then join the session through the server list. All on the same PC.

8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Also I didn't know about the integrated server. I have always been using the installed Dedicated. Where do I find the integrated server and what are it's benefits?

9. redapg

redapg Registered

The integrated Server (i guess that is the one that you use already) is the one that can be found in the Folder
    ...\rFactor 2\Bin64
    The other Option is the Steam Command dedicated Server.
    I always would recommend to use the integrated Dedi, as long as you want to use it only for yourself.
    The Benefit is, that you don't have to frickle around with Steam Command and you also don't have to install all Content, that you want to use on your Server, 2 times.
    To your Problem:
    As first, before you start the dedicated Server, set the Values
    "Downstream Rated KBPS"
    and
    "Upstream Rated KBPS"
    both to 5000, in the Multiplayer.JSON File, from the Player Profile that you use for the dedicated Server, which normally is your default Player Profile.
    Check if that helps to get rid of the Lags.
    If that doen't help, try to join the Server by a direct Connection Link.
    Create a Shortcut of the "Launch rFactor.exe", that can be found in the Folder
    ..\rFactor 2\Launcher
    then move that Shortcut to your Desktop for Example, rightclick on it and select Properties.
    You will find something like the following Line in the Field "Target"
    "G:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe"
    where the Path to rFactor 2 probably will be different on your Machine.
    Edit that Line with the Addition (bold)
    "G:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" +multiplayer +connect="127.0.0.1:64297"
    HINT:
    between " and +multiplayer and between multiplayer and +connect has to be a white Space.
    and if you use another Port than the default 64297, you have to adapt that.
    Then save the Changes and doubleclick on that Shortcut when you want to join the Server.
    Does that help?

Emery likes this.