SOLVED Skip first launch setup guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David Jessat, Sep 24, 2021.

1. David Jessat

David Jessat Registered

Is there any way to do this, skip this wizard? The game is forcing me to input controller assigments, when it has always failed to detect my Fantec CSW 2.5 on first launch - always, since I own the game, was the same with the G29 before.

And on Top of that it still wants me to subscribe to loads of content without telling me how much it will load and what exactly. I get that this is meant to be more user friendly, but can I, as someone who knows exactly what he wants, not skip this and configure the game myself?!

I have already subscribed to my favourite mods, I own many DLC packs, please is there a way to not spend the next hours loading content I will immediately delete?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

In the player.json file, "First Run":false,.

lagg and David Jessat like this.
  3. David Jessat

David Jessat Registered

Many thanks - maybe someone should put a button in that UI...

lagg likes this.
  4. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

EXcuse me but there is no "First Run" line in my Player.json ?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's no longer there. I think there's a skip button in the wizard itself now?

6. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

yes, true, but it keeps coming back at me every time i launch the game despite me skipping like crazy every time !
    Even worst ! they implemented an "are you sure" ! No i'm a monkey, don't know what i'm doing...

Next idea, a button, <button>skip forever ?</button>

DJCruicky likes this.
  7. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

I finally found a solution (from someone else elsewhere) :
    We can get rid of it by creating a blank offline.txt file in the rFactor 2\Bin64\steam_settings folder, but this also disables the installation of in-game content. Beware.

Don't ask me why...

8. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

I do not have the 'steam_settings' folder anywhere in my 'rFactor 2\Bin64\' .... is that new to the latest version of rF2? I am still running v.1126.

9. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

There are 2 ways to start the game, the offline option is also available via steam :
    https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/in-full-control-managing-your-steam-install-manually

RUNNING THE SIMULATION

Running the simulation can be done directly via Steam, when you hit the "play" button, or manually, when you run the launcher (from your rFactor 2 folder in Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe). If you choose the latter, I recommend making a shortcut so you can append command line arguments. If you do it via Steam, you can set the same arguments via the properties, using the "set launch options..." button in the "general" tab.

The following options are available:

• offline -- Will force offline mode. This will skip any checks to download or update content.
    • +workshop -- Will (re)subscribe you to all workshop items from Studio 397 and will enable the automatic subscription to new workshop items from Studio 397 that are published from now on.
    • -workshop -- Will unsubscribe you from all workshop items from Studio 397 (but not items from others) and will disable the automatic subscription to new workshop items from Studio 397.