Released GTE and Oreca 07 New Tyre Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I've been testing the Oreca a bit and I don't know if it's my problem, but with the LeMans kit and its gear change I can't get it to go over 8200 RPM and 320 km/h in 6th gear. Is this normal? I think it wasn't like that before. The first 5 gears do reach 9000 RPM.
    I don't understand why the front springs are in N/mm and the rear ones in lbf/in and the 3rd spring as well. It's a mistake?.
    Is it normal that when passing near a helicopter you can hear it from the cabin at 300 km/h with the RPM almost at maximum?
    I read that you have made many changes in the GTE (I have them all but I have only tried the Aston, Corvette and BMW when they came out, they don't interest me and I never use them). Is there any other change in the Oreca that you have not specified? Are the degrees of rotation of the steering wheel considered a change or is it another error?
    It would have been more logical to delay this update until the Ligier was also ready?
    Overall, increasingly disappointed...

pety100 and McFlex like this.
  2. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I dont have speed problems with the oreca, I reach about 325 on first strait and 330 depending on slipstream.
    dont remember the rpm.

Lars likes this.
  3. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

Well, after checking my hardware in case it failed, I tried again with different setups and it's not the height or the rear wing.
    It is curious that when deactivating the 3rd front spring the car runs as it should; so, ANOTHER MISTAKE?
    zangüangos, que sois unos zangüangos.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Have you used an exterior view to check for sparks? At about 315kph with the default setup the Oreca begins to drag it's bottom. Raise the ride height a couple of clicks an stiffen the springs several notches. You should be able to reach at least 322kph without a draft.

5. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I have the same issue with the Oreca displaying front spring rates in N/mm and all others in lbs/in. Seems either lots of UI errors, or more likely, this car has some weird bugs in it. Glad you also pointed out the wheel rotation, because when I tried this car at Sebring, I'm having to almost cross my arms in the slow corners and I thought it was just a setup thing. BTW, this car also doesn't exhibit the same characteristics as the IR18 or DTM, either, just like the GTEs. Hopefully we get some further adjustments in a patch...

6. ThomasJohansen

You can try these 2 setups one with soft and one with medium. I did 3:58 with the soft tire one. But could probably do the same with the medium tire setup too.

Attached Files:

Eric Rowland and sg333 like this.
  7. ThomasJohansen

you can try this

Attached Files:

Lars, MikeV710 and pkelly like this.
  8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I have asked about the spring rates, it's like this irl too apparently. So how weird it might look, at least it's accurate

9. lagg

lagg Registered

No sé yo si van a entender eso. :D
    Prueba lo que dicen de la altura, a ver si vas tocando suelo.

L0P3X likes this.
  10. Alexandre Bauer

Alexandre Bauer Registered

I did a couple of laps with Corvette C7 and Porsche and my feeling about the new tires is not the best, it feels way too much hard, lacking that suspension effect that a real tire has (something easily noticed in R3R), in the end, is it made of rubber or wood? And I feel the longitudinal grip is reduced as well causing a lot of wheel block in these cars. I do not intend to be rude, it is just my feelings.

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  11. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

I've been testing it, I have two possibilities about what might have happened with Oreca top speed:

a) New tyre model tyre pressures make the car more sensible to lose speed on minimum values (140 kPa)

b) Unnanounced BoP to equal the engine power to what real WEC uses currently, after all, MSG has the license and Bahrein as a WEC track has been announced for Q4, maybe that's not the only WEC content we are getting soon? We can only speculate :D

As @Devin said on Discord, apparently is the same in real life, which buggers some real engineers off too

Unnanounced change, but 336º it's actually the real wheel rotation of the Oreca as I saw in some onboard shots

coasting&cruising likes this.
  12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The new tires don´t build up pressure while driving. Strange.

13. basil_fawlty

basil_fawlty Registered

I have terrible FF shaking with my few months old Thrustmaster T248 wheel.

I think it's kicking in after a couple of laps, on straights. Also, I feel no FF effects when hitting curbs, oversteer
    Tested at Estoril, Indianapolis, with both AMR and BMW GTE. I tried lowering the multiplier to 90%. With GT3 cars, I have absolutely no problem.

It makes the cars undrivable. Any ideas?

14. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Are you locking your brakes and causing flat spots?

vava74 and Lars like this.
  15. basil_fawlty

basil_fawlty Registered

Probably yes. I will try lowering brake pressure and see how it goes.

If that's the case then brakes work quite different than GT3

16. Lars

Lars Registered

hey Alexandre, what do mean exactly with "a lot of wheel block.." ? locking up tyres..? - if so, i had to adjust the brake bias way to the rear and lower brake pressure by quite a bit in the corvette to avoid locking up the front tyres and get a decent handling.

17. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

They do, there is no ABS on GTE cars

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thanks for this. Did about 10 laps. Certainly better than my setup was and its more stable than mine. Might add 1 click to the rear wing for safety lol

Unrelated but these setups dont show up as for the RSR? I even went into the folder, unblocked them ('files from another computer'), have to go 'show all' to see them?

19. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

The last tyres were too easy, unrealistically easy... so these new tyres feelings hard is correct step (even though i think they still bit permissive).
    I too feel brake locking up earlier but that could just be better ffb , giving me info sooner of brake lockups.

20. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I've used the identical setup with and without the 3rd front spring, and that's what makes the difference; if you set it to N/A it runs more, if you set the other 2 positions it doesn't run, and I repeat, it's not the height or the pressures, checked on 2 tracks.
    That the springs work in different units of measurement is not a problem, but it is illogical and incongruous, but if the engineers say so... otros zangúangos, al parecer... just like the turning of the steering wheel; I can't believe I can't do a complete 360 degree turn? Where did you see that, L0P3X?