SOLVED Remote access to dedicated and proper end event

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by DanRZ, Jul 3, 2022.

1. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, are there any kind of way to send a command to a dedicated server ?
    I want to end properly my dedicated at a precise hour, but i noticed if i kill the service i didn't get any result file.
    It's annoying because i don't get track results and don't store any times of drivers (Needed by r2la !).
    The only way to get the xml result file is to do a "Next event" and then kill the server during the next event.
    But the problem is i can't do the "Next event" without being in the server as admin ...
    I would like to do it on the server host with a simple command ... but can't find a proper way to do it.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Corti and DanRZ like this.
  3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Thanks, great tool, but i already use the Native Windows Task scheduler to send a "net stop service" which kills the dedicated server by the same way i think, which is "abrupt" and kills the write of the result file. For an "Open" server it's great but for a league server that is a big problem to lose the result xml file of a race !!!

The only other way i think of is to implement a plugin that reads some kind of socket or signal and simulates a "Next event" and then lately on the next event makes a shutdown ...

I think the dedicated is missing this kind of feature which should be lots easier imo with a small API to send admin commands like in chat ...

4. lagg

lagg Registered

A way to do this is to use the Windows Messsages system, using a programing language.
    Look for the TextBox chat, send the command and "press" the button.

But, are you sure that this program is closing the process?
    Looking the screenshots posted by svictor it seems that sends commands to the rF2 server.

5. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

I checked the sources and it sends "Activate" / "Disable" to the main window. But i don't use any windows when running server as service ... using the +oneclick parameter if i remember well ...

6. lagg

lagg Registered

I've not realized that you are using the server as a service, sorry (reading your posts you were pretty clear :oops:).
    We use SteamCMD to run our servers and the software that i was telling you, seems that is made for that.

7. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

No problem, any help is appreciated ;)
    I didn't knew about the software you linked. It really looks awesome but sources are not maintained for the very last versions.

And i have tried some start/stop and it looks like the result file is written.
    There is probably a delay within result is not created if server is closed.
    I was trying too quick to stop the server ...

As a service we don't have the GUI to see what is going on.

So i can kill my "Test day" server and i will get the results.

8. lagg

lagg Registered

Hace you seen that the last release is from Jan 23, 2022?
    The program is mantained by svictor.
    Take a look to the last posts of the thread.

9. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Yes, i was looking sources on bitbucket but they were not updated. Last version is really full of awesome functions if you use the GUI ...

lagg likes this.