Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I like the AI of AMS2 I find it great if it is set up well and used with a simple car and a well set up track :oops:

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

We should keep in mind that rF2 has made significant progress in certain areas, where some 3rd-party content will certainly fall behind. rF2 is undergoing changes that would only require additional rounds of updating DLC, if Reiza were to tackle such task too early. This is simply the nature of any title in long-term development, especially where 3rd-party content is involved.

Are AMS2, rF2, iRacing, Raceroom, really that different? They are all long-term developments with periods of (seemingly), little to no progress.

Reiza have stated that they intend to update the rF2 DLC content at some point however, they also receive criticism from sim community members for not having fully developed "x-feature" in AMS2 by now. It's not an enviable position to be in, I'm sure. We need to remember that we have the choice to occupy our Sim-racing time with other titles and/or content, while things evolve slowly.

In hindsight (always 20-20;)), Reiza made the mistake of setting player expectations for AMS2 progress way too high from the start. They are now handling things a bit differently and I'm sure they would prefer to avoid such mistakes going forward. As someone who plays both rF2 and AMS2, I'm fine with any progress made, even if the rF2-Rieza content has to remain stagnant for some time. Neither title is perfect, each has its positive / negative aspects but, both continue to evolve. I'll happily accept that.

AMS2 continues to improve and the current focus on tire-carcass development is very significant, as it brings car handling closer to what simulation fans know and expect, imo. At the same time, default setups have to be adjusted, as well as the refining different tires for widely varying conditions, AI, etc. This all requires a tremendous amount of time and testing but, Reiza continues to forge ahead with their long-term WIP approach, and it is paying off.

Emery, pkelly and Travis like this.
  3. RSimioni

RSimioni Registered

We are long overdue for an update on the update for the Reiza rF2 Bundle - firstly I´d like to apologise for this delay and let everyone know we´re still pushing hard to fit this in the schedule as soon as possible - we´ve been somewhat unfortunate with timing as it wouldn´t have been time-effective to tackle the rF2 content while the new rF2 features were still in development, and now that they are stable we really have our hands full with AMS2.

We are eager to get back to it however and make use of the great progress rF2 has seen since our last update, but realistically it may still take a couple of months before we have window for it, and another month to get the work done - but we will get to it.

4. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@RSimioni -Thank you for your honesty and laying out your plans for the future update(s). Have really enjoyed the unique Reiza rF2 Pack and look forward to your tweaking it.

Mark Lloyd and Ricardo Diz like this.
  5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

thank you, there is no debate possible when we compare the cars with the rF2 Reiza bundle and with AMS2.
    The physics and FFB are massively superior in rFactor 2.
    AMS2 will stay like an enhanced Project cars 2.
    This rF2 Reiza bundle is the proof that AMS2 with rF2 could have been massively superior than with the Madness Engine.
    After many hundred of hours in Project cars 2, even with all the last updates, when I play AMS2, I always have the Project cars 2 feeling (with bugged suspension and oscillations since early access that Project cars 2 doesn't have), not a bad thing, but it's not a revolution, my thoughts of the low players base count.
    rFactor 2 is the best today.

Alnorate, ebeninca and Delzimar like this.
  6. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Have you red the patch notes for the Incoming July patch? They even added three new tracks....
    The bug suspension and oscillations had to do with there physics engine which they are working on for all there cars. Not all of them had the treatment, same as rF2 In that sense.
    Log:
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1066890/view/3356885688275217193

Dady Cairo likes this.
  7. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

Thank you for the update on the plans. Im glad your team concentrated on getting AMS2 to the update that was released this week, its a massive leap forward and AMS2 rapidly becoming my goto sim now.

Dady Cairo likes this.
  8. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

I fully agree

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Incredible news to me. Reiza content is among favorites in rF2 to me. Eagerness to do update is all that matters. Can do this year, can do it next year, whenever it is going to be done it will be great great thing.

pkelly likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Keep in mind, about two years ago, they expected the updates to be finished before the end of that year.

11. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

The rfactor2 engine is a bitch to work, lack a lot of basic things too, like decent in car LCD display, a decent transmission model for h pattern shifter cars, performance issues, etc... so they chose the easiest way, thinking more on commercial side then physics realism...

I would like to see AMS2 on rf2 engine? Definitely. Rf2 physics and ffb are better? Yes.

But the resources and money are very limited, so I can understand their decision.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    TheSandoval, Binny and TJones like this.
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

All physics engines have flaws, all racing sims have room for improvement.
    The problem here is you won't find someone with the knowledge to improve the rf2 engine anymore..sadly.;)

13. Binny

Binny Guest

Not sure if this is true, but if so maybe its time to shelve rf2 and work on rf3 to release in a few years. IMHO there are ppl who could improve the engine, some very knowledgeable people out there, even some playing this sim.

Magus likes this.
  14. vava74

vava74 Registered

Hi Renato,
    We are at the doorsteps of November - so for 4 months have passed - and although we appreciate you needing to work on AMS2, we here at rF2 are also Clients who paid good money for the Reiza Pack and, I believe, also deserve some attention, specially now that rF2 graphically seems to be stable and there shouldn't be any obstacles for you to do a good job.
    I will not be in minority in saying that I own AMS2 - full release with season pass - and the fact that rF2's pack is not updated is really disappointing and casts a negative cloud over Reiza in the community.
    Still on this subject, I would also like to know if you also intend to update São Paulo 2013, given that it's Reiza's too, or at least provide clarity if S397 would be able to do it or not on their own, should they be up for it.
    Many thanks.

makan, pkelly, pilAUTO and 8 others like this.
  15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I admit, and I hope more DLC from Reiza in rF2, cause seriously when I drive rF2, then AMS2, with most of the cars, it feels assisted, not really precise..in clear rF2 feels far more professional and sastifying. I drive AMS2 to relax and have fun, like when I drive Forza Horizon 5;)

16. vava74

vava74 Registered

I think we are trying to get Renato to "do the right thing"... so talking down his product might not be the best strategy :):):)

Corgan likes this.
  17. Corgan

Corgan Registered

That's what I thought, as well. AMS2 is a great product, still evolving. But the content they made for rF2 is also their great product and deserves "evolution" too.

Ricardo Diz, Mauro and vava74 like this.
  18. vava74

vava74 Registered

@RSimioni Hi Renato, very disappointing that you have not replied.
    Doing what is RIGHT is often not what it's in our immediate best interest.
    I mentioned in several forums/discords that buying the Reiza Pack now during Halloween taking advantage of the discount was a good idea, and many people agreed and surely you had a few sales, in spite of the current subpar level of the content... now I am starting to regret having backed Reiza like I did.
    Please, live up to your word, even if you don't update everything all in one go.
    Thank you.

atomed likes this.
  19. sampopel

sampopel Registered

I bought the Reiza pack during the recent sale. I already had all the content in AMS2 so had previously not considered buying this pack for rF2 but but am glad I did. VIR in particular is fantastic to drive in the BTCC cars. Would love to see some more of Reiza's South American circuits in rF2.

vava74, atomed and pascom like this.
  20. RSimioni

RSimioni Registered

I guess apologies are in order for blowing that time estimate.. Sorry folks, we are scrambing for more manpower to try get this covered, if there are any rF2 modders willing to do some freelance work with us in the Pack to try speed this up please hit me with a PM.

Sao Paulo 2013 was based on our old Interlagos model supplied to ISI back in the day, but it´s not our project - it´s up to S397 if they wish to update it.

gianluca, Paul McC, GeraArg and 16 others like this.