Automatic max wheel angle mod not working

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Samuel Hall, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Samuel Hall

Samuel Hall Registered

Since i bought rFactor 2 last year i noticed that my max wheel angle mode always displayed Automatic (Failed).
    I've posted on Reddit a couple months ago asking if someone had the solution for my problem, but they said for me to use the custom option and set my wheel max angle. I have a Logitech G920 with 900° of wheel range and my friend that has a Thrustmaster T300 is able to put this option on automatic.
    Can someone help me with these annoying issue?

[​IMG]

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, Logitech seems to have issues with this recently. Set it to software instead, put in the wheel range you have set outside the game, and the Range set will work fine.

3. Samuel Hall

Samuel Hall Registered

That's what i've been doing, it works well with the cars that i usualy drive (GTEs and LMP2s), but when i tried this config with the Formula E car the steering ratio is always wrong independent of configuration

4. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Fanatec too, at least with the latest driver 442.

5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

If you are having a problem with wheel rotation with your Fanatec try this. My method to have consistent FFB and the correct steering angle on all cars is:
    (1) Open Fanatec Control Panel, rotate your wheel in both directions and make a note of the exact total angle. Then set that angle in the the arrowed sections of the screen shots of Fanatec Control Panel, Fanalab and rF2 FFB settings. In my case it was 880 degrees, yours may vary slightly.
    (2) In rF2 FFB settings set as per arrow in each section
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Highlandwalker
    and make a not the exact total angle
    sorry ?
    i dont get it

7. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Open Fanatec Control panel, then turn your wheel fully to the right and read the angle in the Wheel Base Values section, then do it in left direction and add the two numbers which will give you your max wheel rotation. Move the slider in [SEN] Maximum Steering Angle section to the same number from the previous stage. Then do the same in Fanalab and in Force Feedback Settings in rF2. Hope this helps

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Exactly which F-E car? And this is using 900 degrees right? (just so we/I can test the exact same combo and see what happens)

9. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Yes, that is what I made and worked, but the problem in my case are the fanatec diferent beta drivers, one works AUTO and the next no. Add the upgrade from CSW v2 to CSL DD that I made and the problem with the saved profiles from rfactor2 and you have the perfect storm. :D