I forgot how good rF2 was....or is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fsuarez79, Jun 24, 2022.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Back in 2019 was the last time I played rF2 as I transitioned to ACC and even though I didn't play rF2 anymore, it wasn't until last year that I actually deleted it completely from my PC.
    Fast forward to this week, I was watching the 24H Nurburgring race and I felt the urge to replicate it on a sim (GT3 class only tho). ACC doesn't have the Nords and I remembered the best rendition of it was obviously rF2 so I went ahead and installed the game again from scratch.

The new UI, which I had not seen before was a good surprise. Installing the game and setting everything up from controllers to race sessions was a breeze. I guess it helped that I had previous experience with rF2 but still, it's much better now. Graphics are also better than I remember tho I've always liked the realistic type of look rF2 has.

So I jumped into the GT3's to start hotlapping in the 24H Nords layout. We all know how good the physics are but it was a nice reminder since it had been a while for me.

So far so good.....The big disappointment came when I tried to race the AI. Even at 120 skill they're incredibly slow and I'm by no means a top driver.
    I had to lower the AI opponents to 8 (to prevent them from slowing each other down and which by the way completely breaks the immersion) and give myself a +20L fuel handicap just for them to keep up.
    I don't know what happened here. I don't remember the AI being this bad back in 2019 on this track.
    BTW, this all GT3 class only, I won't even attempt doing multiclass racing.

I'm going to install one of the Nords mods to see if it improves things but it is a real shame and a reminder of why I transitioned to ACC (amongst other things).

EDIT: It turns out the AI from the mod in ISR's website is indeed faster. Still not great but at least faster, so I don't know if I should be happy that at least I can now replicate the race I wanted or mad that a FREE AC conversion is better than official paid content :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    ebeninca and SuperMonaco_GP like this.
  2. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Registered

Did you run practice and qualifying? That helps the AI

3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Thanks for trying to help. I'm aware but no, I did not and I could give you a lengthy explanation of why I didn't but running a quali won't fix the issue.
    GT3's were doing 8:15min times during the real 24H race. AI at 120 skill are doing 9:15min. There's no fixing a 1 minute deficit with qualifying.
    I'm trying to fix it myself in DevMode (since S397 likely won't) but I'm getting some error while loading the track and the game freezes completely.