SOLVED RFactor 2 won't launch in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Philip00, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi All,

Rfactor 2 won't launch in windows 10. I have another partition where winodws 7 was installed and the game perfectly run there.

I tried:
    1. Reinstall VCredist
    2. Reinstall Directx
    3. Reinstall the game
    4. Run in admin mode
    5. Check, verify integrity
    6. Check different settings in the config

My spec: i5-4690k, GTX 1060 6gb gpu, asus z97 pro motherboard.

I have the latest nvidia driver as well.

I tried to repair remove, reinstall .net Frameworks as well without any luck.

I know there is some solution regarding deleting plr file or the userdata folder however my profile has not even created yet as the game has never launched in Win 10.

Can somebody tell me some tips, solution that I can apply?

Thanks in advance,

Philip

2. Philip00

Philip00 Member

3. I think I know about it - it is based on two packages of Windows dealing with C++ I think and which need to be 2014 or 2015 version or so. Some antivirus software recommend to update them and if you do so rF2 will not start.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

And IIRC the runtimes of C++ 2017

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Although Philip hasn't detailed it above, we did get him to install the 2015-2017-2019 pack that has worked for others on here, and a standalone 2015, without success.

@StoneRacing do you have more details? That sounds like something that should/might affect more people.

lagg likes this.
  6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

7. I have attached a screenshot of C++ redistributables I have installed on my PC#2 and PC#1 - I think "apps" (libs?) are those ones mentioned by lagg and AFAIK I needed the 2013 and 2015 variants to be installed.

I remember that I had a similar issue (rF2 not starting) after I updated those ones as recommended by some tool (I am more into UNiX so ...). I think another solution might be to deinstall rF2 and Steam, clean up the folders manually, deinstall them C++ stuff and reinstall everything afterwards (C++ stuff, Steam, rF2).

Attached Files:

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I purchased a completely new system when v1125 was the normal option. The system was completely clean, I had downloaded a browser and a few utils before rF2 and even with Win 11, it worked from the first install. I didn't have to copy files, didn't have to run the 4 files, just download Steam, download rF2, Setup the wheel and off it went. No issues updating to v1128 either. Welcome to rF2 i guess.