rF2 Anticipations for the rest of 2022

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Jun 20, 2022.

1. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Well, notwithstanding the issue of MSGS running out of money/needing more investor cash before the end of 2022...

The BTCC cars and couple of tracks was a salvage from the game being delayed. They've kind of committed to more cars and tracks. My bet is, they were doing the vehicle dynamics on rF2 to get ready for the main game release; I'd argue the same for the IndyCar, but that was driven by the need to do esports events, and as it turned out, there's a very sophisticated set of dynamics on that car not previously seen, that would be way overkill for a console game. So maybe the need for esports with BTCC real world drivers was what was driving this, as well. The good news is this appears to show they have more developers who can work on car content and track content than we'd previously thought was the case. Given the standalone LeMans (surely top priority, highest potential sales) and IndyCar games need a lot of work on content and game features, its a surprise to see this. The NASCAR game also needs a lot of work. But they have the track content and a beta of a 2022 car now. My understanding is the real problem with that game is poor AI, especially on ovals. That'll be a long term project to fix, and hopefully anything they come up with there will be reverse-engineered into rF2 itself. Deadlines for that for revenue before the Xmas season...

So we can rely on a few more BTCC cars and tracks: not sure if we'll get the full set by year end. I'd also like to see more IndyCar tracks: right now they could only do an esports series with Indy and Portland; not compelling. Maybe one more oval track (probably can convert Texas) and one more road track (St Pete or Long Beach) but they've got until early next year to do those.

I'd also hope we can see the latest tire model with GoodYear input on the LMP2s. Getting that on all the old GTEs is going to be a stretch.

I don't sadly see any developments on the CS although it desperately needs it. So that's our big surprise like the sound system was, and lots of unacknowledged bugs to fix in that.

In summary: the list of things to do is still very very long. The resources to do it with are still limited.

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

we have a saying here in Greece that is "From your mouth to God's ears"
    Greek people dont laugh please :)
    i realy hope all those things to come inside 2022

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Laguna Seca?(listed on the schedule as Monterey)
    For some reason, Road Atlanta rarely gets included in sims.(only SCGT & Forza officially, tIko) It may have to do with the Panoz former ownership or the fact only one major auto racing series utilizes the circuit. Fortunately for us, we have a 3rd party version(s).
    Once upon a time, I would have included Mid Ohio as a must have track. VIR, for sure. Watkins Glen would not be one of my favorites, but it has such cachet in America, it would be hard to dismiss it. Road America doesn't have as strong a connection to endurance racing as Road Atlanta, but it is a 'Large Cojones' track.
    With the announcement of Bahrain for Q4, I would be not be surprised to see only one or two BTCC for Q3 & possibly only 1 more USA track in 2022.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Same here. No more free time to race online so I do only hotlapping and enjoy the immersion with my motion system/VR…. Leaderboards would be awesome but with fixed setups.

sg333 likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I can't explain, but fixed setups offends me.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  6. Stevy

Stevy Registered

haha I feel you.
    Setups are a part of simracing. It's part of the game. And with fixed setups you take this part out.
    It's like flights sims but without starts and landings.
    Or Counter-Strike but without the shooting or multiplayer part.
    Yeah you can do this no problem, but you miss like 50% of the game.
    On the other hand that has opend people to sell (bad) setups for (way too much) money.

mantasisg and Simulation_Player like this.
  7. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Yea fixed setups are killing the point of simulation, it is not that hard to learn few basic of setup and be fast with it.
    also its takes away hardwork and testing done by others who put in the work, to gain that 0.100th of a second.

mantasisg likes this.
  8. sg333

sg333 Registered

Not everyone has the time or interest to spend dozens or hundreds of hours testing and tweaking setups.

djbob, Spyro, avenger82 and 2 others like this.
  9. Simulation_Player

Then play with default setup ;)
    You are jumping into a competition/race....you can't expect others to go easy on you because you didn't want learn.
    Also you don't even need dozens or hundreds of hours to learn basic.
    there plenty of watered down flow charts , guide that teaches very quickly in couple of minutes.
    for example
    stiff front arb = understeer
    more negative camber = more corner grip less braking grip

this kind of info is more than enough to setup a car in handful of laps.
    hell i don't even drive first , even if car and track is new .....i run straight to setup put the lowest ride height , if circuit has long straights put medium to low wings , zero toe etc....some things don't even need you to drive to start setting them up.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I agree, the best Project cars 2 feature for hotlap is you can use the setup from anyone, even the 1st one, so only the best driver is the best.
    I admit I'm just a driver.

11. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Easier way to customize a grid with any car and any driver we want.
    A way to define the individual ai level for each car of the grid.
    Any feature which improves the single player experience.
    I guess that like for most games (at least which can be played in solo) , most players play in solo but they
    are also the less active on forums so the wishlists are often the wishlists of a minority of players.

avenger82 likes this.
  12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I dont really get this gatekeeping about setups. You are saying its killing the point of simulation? Who are you to decide what the point of a simulation is? You like to fiddle with your setups and see how the car behaves after it, another races competitively, another just wants to jump in and race on a level playing field. All valid ways to use a simulator, and all should accept others exist. There is a reason why both open and fixed races are a thing in iRacing, which works both for different and the same people. I for one can gain a lot with setupping, as I do it a lot for big events. Yet I very much welcomed SRO using fixed setups for the summer cup, so I could completely focus on the driving. I might have been more competitive due to it, yet nobody complained about it, wonder why...

I also could say setting up the basics is easy, as it is for me. But then again I have 13 years of experience in sim racing. I am not going to tell a newcomer or someone that doesnt understand it that its easy. I would send them in the right direction saying I would find those settings the easiest to start out with, but I wouldn't say it is easy.

djbob, sg333, GertjanD and 3 others like this.
  13. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

good morning, any of you know what cars and circuit will include in the next release of the third quarter of 2022?

14. Simulation_Player

we know bharain will be included in Q4 pack, no info regarding Q3 pack.
    i'm guessing more BTCC content, especially cars.

15. Stevy

Stevy Registered

perhaps no content in Q3 but therefore more bugfixes and improvements? *_*
    or the old stuff gets updated?
    lol, who am I kidding

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I suppose old stuff getting updated would make sense to expect, well perhaps not everything, but for example GT3 cars.

17. Simulation_Player

gte too please :)

r00b Driver likes this.
  18. trichens

trichens Registered

Isn't the GTE class IRL ending in the next year or so, to be replaced with GT3 - or a variant thereof?
    Although there's nothing concrete - to my knowledge - the ACO are going for GT3 with some some of event specific changes?

19. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Yes.
    Which although is sad, now is the best time to immortalize these cars into Sim Racing for the rest of time!!

Now is the perfect time when they are still racing, not when they've been consigned to a museum and locked away somewhere only to come out at Goodwood every 5 years.

RaceNut and MikeV710 like this.
  20. Simulation_Player

i'm not talking about adding new gte cars, just fix/upgrade the old ones .......in basically every aspect now.

davehenrie likes this.