DLC cars vs default / free - mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lucian Lexon, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Lucian Lexon

Lucian Lexon Registered

Is there a difference between the DLC cars vs default / free car mods ??
    textures , visuals - cockpit
    sound
    FFB
    physics

Thank you

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would say both vary in terms of all those criteria. The DLC is probably better on average (as you'd hope, being paid) but it's not without flaws and is reliant on the game (and its shortcomings) just as the free stuff is (like some vehicle systems, dash/wheel display capabilities, drivetrain omissions, AI reliability, ...).

If anything is always good its the FFB, but that's because it only reflects exactly what the car is doing (there isn't separate FFB 'modding' - it comes directly from the vehicle physics). So poor FFB can be due to poor vehicle physics, or perceived poor FFB can just be an accurate representation of a car that behaves differently to usual expectations.

When it comes to DLC cars I would say if you're interested in the particular cars/series it may well be worthwhile to buy, but still don't expect perfection especially with the older stuff. It's not like tracks, where basically all DLC tracks are extremely good.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Most of the DLC have most of the latest updates. (some of the first DLC like the original GT3 cars do not have all the fancy cockpit PBR Shaders like the Corvette C8R or the 2nd Bentley 2020 & Ferrari GT3/E. BMW M4 as well) But some of the free content like the Tatuus open wheelers, the USF2000, have received plenty of graphic updates. FFB and Physics are pretty much system wide so with the exception of the latest tire file, most of the Free cars are on par with the DLC. The only cars to benefit from the latest tire are the BMW M4, Indycar IR18, rFPro & the new BTCC cars. Same goes for sound, only a few cars, even among the DLC fleet have received the full updated sound changes. Those are (from memory like all of these lists) the Indycar IR18, rFPro, BTCC cars and the test Oreca 07.
    You might want to dig back through the various news blogs to find mentions of updated graphics and or physics for cars. Lots of information buried in those announcements.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  4. Lucian Lexon

Lucian Lexon Registered

Thanks a million, guys
    I just watched this video - 1440p - the cockpit textures look better than any default car

Which is the newest DLC car / track ?
    I checked this link, but I don't know which ones are older or newer
    https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The BTCC content from the Quarter 2 release. So the Toyota & Infiniti, Donington, Laguna Seca & Brands Hatch are the newest.

6. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

apart from reiza tracks, you can safely buy all of S397 tracks, all of them are laser scanned.
    regarding cars IR-18, BTCC are latest ones.

Ricardo Diz likes this.