FFB settings in controller.json

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by olukelo, Jun 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. olukelo

olukelo Registered

Hi all. Is there any guide what parameters from controller.json file actually affect ffb in modern versions of rFactor? Is there any sense to tune FFB via changing properties in json? If so? how changing specific fields will affect in game FFB?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Generally there's no need. If your wheel has a profile in the game the important things will be set (depends what your wheel is, as to how relevant that is) and anything else is in the game UI itself.

3. olukelo

olukelo Registered

It does not. I use custom built FFB wheel. So I wonder what turning "Brake effects on steer axis" and other effects will do(if any).
    And in some cars there is strange 'grainy' feel when turning wheel on slow speed (Formula E, Mercedes for instance), but other are ok. Will changing of any setting change it or not?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ah :)

The default/keyboard profile will have those disabled anyway I think, and most of them probably don't do anything anyway.

If your wheel is strong (let's say above about 7Nm) you may get benefit from setting Steering torque capability so different cars scale correctly.

If you open up one of the Moza profiles most things in there are what you'll want (in the FFB section), though I'm not sure why at least some of them have the Steering effects strength set to -4000 instead of -10000. Other than that when you assign the controls the default axis properties should be fine (linear, in other words).