rF2 Anticipations for the rest of 2022

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Jun 20, 2022.

1. trichens

trichens Registered

Expectations?
    For next quarter release... a couple of BTCC 2021 cars and a couple of tracks... or maybe a couple of 2022 cars?
    I'm "expecting" the BTCC only release from MSG to be a ACC type version of rF2 with a "closed" workshop so modders can't work in free content so ultimately only purchased DLC.
    Otherwise why develop and release BTCC content for rF2?

2. lagg

lagg Registered

But, if MSG is going to release a "BTCC-ACC", why to release these cars in rF2?

3. trichens

trichens Registered

In that case why have the two UK circuits and cars in the Q2 release?
    Free versions of those tracks already available and some free BTCC cars too.

Perhaps it may also be a taster for the BTCC game to come?
    And to test the water for this?

And the other question is if you own rF2 would you also purchase a separate BTCC specific sim?
    The Steam Q2 release is around £27... if you can release another couple of packs with cars and tracks you may be able to get a further £54 out of existing rF2 owners.

A BTCC specific sim would be expected to have in addition to the current tracks - Knockhill, Croft, Thruxton, Snetterton and Oulton Park. And the missing cars? Vauxhall Astra, Honda Civic Type R, Hyundai i30N, Ford Focus ST, BMW 330i, Cupra Leon
    And might perhaps be expected to sell for around £30-£40
    I think any more than that people won't buy or wait for some sort of sale deal.

4. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Well they would also need the corresponding official licenses for the rest of the BTCC cars, and do we know If they can get them / already have those licenses? That´s the other question.

Personally I would like the BTCC series added to the rF2 content, but will they, or can they do it to the full extent Is the question. I would also like to see more scanned tracks added. After all, one Is trying to "simulate" what Is going on In real life races, so without the tracks and official cars for the current season, or at least the past two seasons you really can´t simulate the mentioned races. Kind of defies the propose of a sim to some extent.

But what I personally would really like above all, Is what most already stated...
    Fixes, as In AI, overall software stability, older content updated being cars, and tracks, and some more effort put Into the online system. This would be great for everyone, but that alone does not bring money to the table I am afraid.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think the BTCC game is being pushed back to 2023 isn't it? Putting out 2021 and 2022 cars will supply the kindling to start the real fire then.

lagg and trichens like this.
  6. Stevy

Stevy Registered

did turn into a wishlist quite fast indeed.
    Somehow I don't really expect much.
    - some small bugfixes and small performance improvements
    - small UI updates and fixes
    - 2 cars and 2 tracks (~20€ the pack)
    - small CS update

I would be happy if I'm wrong.

What I would like to see:
    - Overhaul of the CS (UI, ratings, profiles)
    - car updated for tyres, graphics, sounds (ESPECIALLY the paid ones, GT3, GTE, LMP, but als Radical XX :(, PCup, M2 etc.)
    - more (small) AI improvements
    - (small) performance improvements

btw: what do you win if your expections are the same later as the real patch notes? :D

7. trichens

trichens Registered

I'm purely guessing here of course, but if MSG has done some deal for the BTCC sim then they must have something in place to use the circuits and the cars otherwise the whole thing doesn't work if they have to make separate arrangements with each circuit and car manufacturer/team.
    I would expect any agreement would prohibit the use of the tracks and cars so licensed to be used in other products though, so this would have prevented the rF2 Q2 releases.

8. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

its gonna be PBR helmets, a must have for maximum realism.

pkelly and MikeV710 like this.
  9. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Maybe the agreement expired, or was/is about to expire right after the Q2 release. Who knows, and don´t take my word for It. I did read somewhere that MSG was going to lose the BTCC license due to them not delivering as posted (on there road map). Again, this can all be just speculation. It´s sad but now days no one knows what Is true or not, well you know what I mean...

10. Simulation_Player

IMO it is good that BTCC standalone game licenses were transferred to rfactor 2, those games were supposed to be simcade..... so that would have been tremendous loss , to waste beautiful cars and tracks on simcades.
    Now hopefully next is leman game, which means lmp1 to rfactor 2.
    Not sure LMH teams will give data to devs right away.
    If leman games licensed GR.C too.....damn that would be a dream.

MikeV710 likes this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, my wishlist is much longer.

The sound engine was a nice surprise indeed, and I would expect them to polish it to work as well as possible with existing content, be consistent (for each user, and across users), and fully fleshed out so they can give information and guidelines for modders (to avoid mods being made with sound engine 1.5, and needing fixing again later).

On physics, which I think is wishlist only (but I'd love to be wrong), the holes are what you notice as a driver: no proper hybrid, very limited drivetrain. I can't see either happening this year. The first is more likely but should come with a better vehicle system capability (wheel display etc) which I think makes it unlikely.

Anything deeper than that in physics is "nice to have" but makes nearly zero difference to the experience and isn't a worry for rF2 in comparison to other titles.

("Physics" can be spread to things like weather, but I'm talking about car dynamics here)

mesfigas and mantasisg like this.
  12. Binny

Binny Guest

I would like to hear what s397 goals are to be completed by the end of the year 2022.
    MINE: would be bug fixes as many as possible, performance issues fixed, all content up to date, a CS ready to compete with iracing and of course any new content ready for release. So il anticipate if that gets done rf2 will boom in 2023 like it never has before.

13. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Next Season I hope we get Endurance Pack updated, sounds, graphics, BOP, tyres, shift protection... because the new Season of LMV. New tracks will be probably Road America or Road Atlanta, maybe some more BTCC tracks in next quarters.
    I'd like to see a progressive update of old paid cars, with shift protection, tyres, sounds, bug fixes, starting with GT3 pack and a new BOP.
    New cars I expect more BTCC cars, new Porsche Cup or some new GT3.
    Finally they need a complete overhaul of CS and develop in next months an hybrid car

mesfigas likes this.
  14. Simulation_Player

i don't think that there are "nice to have but makes zero difference to experience" physics upgrades i have in my mind.
    maybe not this year but in future.

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

can we have a leaderboard time rank ?
    I can't race the AI is awfull with on/off brake.
    So I only Hotlap, but there is no leaderboard rank like Raceroom.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You missed my 'nearly' :p

17. Simulation_Player

dang it.

18. Flipo

Flipo Registered

especially the rain tires on the FPro. For now they are impracticalbes with more than 20% of water on the track

lagg likes this.
  19. lagg

lagg Registered

It's a shame that is not posible to cap the % of rain on track.
    In reallity the FIA doesn't let them Drive with a lot of water

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  20. pace_car

pace_car Registered

fischhaltefolie and davehenrie like this.