Random Fanatec FFB loss after switching servers or sessions

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kevin Karas, Jun 7, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

This happens to me alot, especially when running league endurance races, where we need to leave the server after our stint to prevent all the bugs associated with servers full of spectators and the low limit of users on a server preventing people to join for their next stint.
    Often after a stint I leave the server and later just join the practice server of that league. Then my FFB is completely lost, its just gone and the FFB Reset button also does not do a thing. I need to restart the game for it to fix. I cannot 100% reproduce this as this doesnt happen all the time. Im lucky it didnt happen when actually starting my stint until now. But I would really be more confident if this issue gets identified and fixed.

I have to mention I already had that problem months ago with Windows 10 before fresh install to Windows 11. So the bug might be older

This is my hardware:
    Fanatec CSW v2.5 + Formula v2 with latest drivers
    Fanatec CSL Elite LC via USB
    Windows 11

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Are you using a USB hub for your wheel and pedals, if so try plugging directly into your computer. USB hubs can sometimes cause problems. If you are plugged into your computer try using a different usb socket.

3. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

The thing is, that ONLY happens with rF2 and only between sessions

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, but that doesn't mean something in particular won't fix it :D

Here's an older thread for reference, with a healthy array of things to consider trying - bearing in mind I think some people have never found a fix. I see the latest beta driver from fanatec is currently pulled, hopefully when that all gets sorted out it may help.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....broken-after-leaving-pit-several-times.66007/

5. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

It happened again yesterday in a league race, i had to run the qualifying without FFB! It must be a problem with rF2 because, when it happens, it ALWAYS is after a session or server change.
    I plugged it now directly into my pc, lets see what it changes. A HUGE problem is that rF2 does not recorgnize a new connected device while its running. So restarting the wheel while ingame is never a possibility.
    Isnt this an official bug report forum section? Maybe a dev can support and help to analyze the problem?

6. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

BTW im tabbing out the game alot in these conditions, maybe thats a hint. I know some people that report the FFB change when after tabbing out.

7. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

It just happened again, with the wheel plugged in directly into the MB I/O. Just joined a server and it wasnt working. Needed to restart the game

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It is a situation that has been acknowledged by both Fanatec & S397. If there was a simple solution.... Somebody even mentioned @Marcel Offermans stated on Discord that they preferred any High End wheel EXCEPT Fanatec. So I don't know if there is a real cure, only work-arounds.

9. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

If the game even just recorgnizes a reconnected wheel while running, restarting it might be a good workaround, but rF2 cant do that :D

pety100 likes this.
  10. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

In discord I got recommended to test these settings (Turn off SPR and DPR) and see wether it fixes the problems. upload_2022-6-22_22-31-30.png

11. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I notice you are using the AUTO Max Steering Angle setting, I have found this can cause problems sometimes. My method to have consistent FFB and the correct steering angle on all cars is:
    (1) Open Fanatec Control Panel, rotate your wheel in both directions and make a not the exact total angle. Then set that angle in the the arrowed sections of the screen shots of Fanatec Control Panel, Fanalab and rF2 FFB settings. In my case it was 880 degrees, yours may vary slightly.
    (2) In rF2 FFB settings set as per arrow in each section
    Fanatec Control Panel Settings.jpg Fanalab settings.jpg Rfactor 2 Settings.jpg

12. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Thank you. I guess this is more for a better FFB experience. I dont think it will fix my FFB "crash" problem. I will first test disabled SPR/DPR to see wether this helped.

13. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

The settings I changed did NOT solve the problem. It happened to me again on the week end when first launching rF2 and connecting to a server. Had to restart the game again and reconnect to get it to work

14. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

So here are logfiles from the last FFB loss. It should be right at the end as I restarted rF2 to get it back again. This time it was after I went to the garage and then out again. Trace and realtime log included.

BTW in the meantime before that situation I reinstalled a fresh windows. And also disabled all USB and PCI power saving settings

Attached Files: