rF2 Anticipations for the rest of 2022

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Jun 20, 2022.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

*Note: lets not make this a wishlist thread, for at least few pages lol It's about what is reasonable to expect.

Guys, do you think it is reasonable to expect same or even bigger amount of improvements for next two quarters of 2022 ? I am afraid I got my expectations a bit too high after this one, it was really great, even better than first quarter which also was great.

I guess it is reasonable to expect advanced dig into solving AI issues, first steps of adding sweet stuff for competition system, perhaps some more steps into tackling what can be further improved about wet physics, a little bit more graphical improvements (maybe including shadows), software robustness and ?performance improvements? and polishing of features that was already added/improved this year.

What do you think ? Or do you prefer to ignore expectations and get greatly surprised again ?

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Content wise most likely BTCC content and of course Bahrain. There was said to be a focus on the CS a bit more for the upcoming update, but aside from the mentioned ratings, I doubt there will be huge changes to it other than that.

For the rest, think there might be some cars with new sounds, and the new TM, but other than that, I am quite sceptical to see more than just minor updates.

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I hope BTCC will have at least 10 tracks, to be a minimum full serie.
    Like Kartsim-esport, we need at least 10 tracks for BTCC, with most of the cars.
    I hope of course AI fix, the on/off brake should be fix asap, it ruins any race with AI, that's why I hotlap.
    And I hope better features for AI, shadow fix, night reflection improvement.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

DRS needs to be a toggle-able option. There are tracks that don't have DRS zones, there is at least one car that can use unlimited DRS not confined to long straights. (oops, this has become a wish list) Development of DRS needs to continue...lol. Some more BTCC tracks but I am not requiring all the tracks. Same with Indycar, they have even more tracks each season plus several types of tracks, Ovals, Roadcourses, city courses.
    Someday, they are gonna have to bite the bullet and make a friggin' hybrid car. I would prefer it to be in the vein of WEC/ACO, but I know there will be lot's of clamor for F1 style energy recovery.

coltair likes this.
  5. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Maybe a package whit all the contend ala raceroom and the dtm package...

6. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

decent physics updates that will do it.

coasting&cruising and Rui Santos like this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'd hope the next couple of updates can fix most of the bugs and performance issues. I wouldn't expect much in terms of new features. More content of course.

8. Binny

Binny Guest

I'm with you on this! i would even go as far as saying i would go without any new features to have bugs fixed and better performance, i think these would make the sim more desirable to users old and new.

mesfigas likes this.
  9. Simulation_Player

i think guys who work on physics and those who work on performance and bugs are different team, so in theory we could get improvements in all sectors.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, but this is expectations, not a wishlist.

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

The existing paid content brought up to current spec

12. shiet

shiet Registered

Fix AI: AI aggression slider not working; throttle/brake on/off behavior; divebombs; brake checking; not noticing the player next to them (sometimes) simply pushing me off the road; zigzagging on the road blocking the player multiple times; AI blocks the faster class cars in lap 1; (intentionally) not moving behind another car on a long straight to utilize slipstream; not daring to overtake using slipstream even when there is plenty of road ahead; higher class cars stuck behind slower class cars; all cars stopping next to the track for some reason (sometimes; I guess it's a bug)

Just imagine an AI without these issues. Dare to dream.:rolleyes:

Fix full course yellow or just remove it completely from the menu and admit that oval racing is not fully simulated,
    Fix car sounds for the DLC cars,
    Fix setup hacks: lowest tire pressure, lowest camber, lowest/detached ARBs for max speed

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Emery, Team Dano, MikeV710 and 2 others like this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I knew that chances of the thread working as I intended were too slim lol

Speaking of wishlisting, perhaps the most of all I'd wish clutch, drivetrain stuff. With gear shift protection added in last build it seems like it is so annoyingly close to happen. But in terms of expectation it probably shouldn't be expected as every car released isn't manual transmission car.

I think polishing existing stuff and getting new features added should be equally expected, as long as existing issues doesn't get more severed by new things. I'd even say that currently lack of some special accent about competition system is biggest lack of rF2 in general sense. Then AI problems. These are definitely two elephants in the room now. Although none of these two are ones that I personally wish the most.

14. Simulation_Player

same thing ;)
    Even the sound engine got updated, which was quite unexpected but was definitely necessary step.
    Now that physics are lagging behind in some areas it will be a good thing fix the "minor" holes in simulation.
    Otherwise rfactor 2 is just not fit to simulate modern race cars with their suspension, aero ,electronics etc...
    They can't turn back and just add historic stuff to get around it either.
    sooner or later there will be lmp1, lmh or f1 etc(heck even the current gt cars have crucial details which rf2 can't simulate).
    to be clear i don't expect 100% accuracy but currently model is quite a bit off.
    If they could add P2P for just one car then i'm sure they will consider core upgrades that benefits all of current cars and future cars.

coasting&cruising likes this.
  15. shiet

shiet Registered

Well... It looks like a wishlist but they should address at least some of these issues in this year because rF2 as a simulator is heading towards a hotlap simulator status. Online outside of leagues nope. Offline with this broken AI nope. Hotlapping left.
    I'm pretty sure they will do some things on the online side of things even though at this point after 9 years after release in the grand scheme of things it's obvious rF2 never will be a popular online sim so I would consider it a waste of time at this point working on the competition system and such. Unless they suddenly copy/paste an iRacing kind of system which is proven to work in attracting online activity but that's not gonna happen.
    Well, it seems I'm not too optimistic.

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  16. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

This is not a wishlist....

Who am I kidding

I'd live to see more improvements with the AI, less farting, pitstops, championship builder, and of course - which is probably quite likely - more of those excellent BTCC cars and tracks.

Big, big list I know ;)

17. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

for the new dlc's if they live up to the BTCC it will be great i can't wait!

-It's important to attract players with a solid rating and license system or some other way to rank up to feel an evolution in online to make it more attractive,
    people want goals to reach, not just points and champ rank..

-review the colour display in VR!

-better AI, review tyre wear for some cars, usable and believable clutch/H box!

-Easier to use the S397 workshop with simple different colours to see what is owned and to buy, to showcase the balance, to be able to race without having all the cars in a pack/series...

(not a wishlist....) oops^^

coasting&cruising likes this.
  18. Flaux

Flaux Registered

After them saying that the sound engine is backwards compatible, I don't expect old stuff to get updated.

We might get four tracks and four btcc cars. Maybe one of the new Hypercars.

Apart from that a fair amount of QoL updates (performance, ui, ai...)

TheMenace likes this.
  19. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

I anticipate more vanilla content. That's it really.

20. lagg

lagg Registered

What i expect:
    • Add rating to the CS.
    • Update sounds of the official cars.
    • Bahrain.
    And what i should expect:
    • Update tyres of the official cars to latest data.
    • A hybrid system.

davehenrie, mantasisg and mixer61 like this.