Modern era F1.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Simulation_Player, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Just wanted to make a wishlist for a "modern" era f1 car in rfactor 2. Any F1 from 2009 and onwards.
    Looking at content available now we only have one modern "F1" car (formula pro) that is upto date with latest physics , sound engine and graphics etc.
    I think this is much need gap to fill in rfactor 2 content wise. rest of the popular series we already have GT, lmp, indycar and now BTCC.

V8 era is preferable IMO, not only beacuse of sounds but the grip levels on these cars is probably not crazy high as formula pro. ofcourse early hybrid era (2014-2016) cars were dancing around quite a bit.
    but i'm not sure if you guys can receive proper data for hybrid era cars, compared to V8 era F1.
    Anyways i'm fine with V6 or V8 , just need one more F1 to play with....getting little bit bored of driving same F1 car now. :p

Gonna live this fantastic sounding clip here >>

what do you guys think ?

@88mphTim one RB6 please ;) :D

P.S : almost tagged marcel for this lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  2. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

The V8 era cars should have a lot more grip than the Formula Pro. Much more downforce, more drag and roughly the same power (a bit lower IIRC). Formula Pro car is generally just really fast because drag is extremely low. The FISI is a pretty decent estimation of the 2012 regs. Would just need to update sounds, tyres, some visuals, a bit of physics and it would be alright.

Very good estimates on aero levels and engine power for the hybrid era. It's more the suspension in the game that's too basic to simulate a suspension system from that time. Even the 2022 regs are too advanced for the game to replicate. The game needs to at least add the ability to run a pure roll spring/damper so you can decouple all the modes if desired.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

We have good F1 cars from different eras.
    Official cars:
    • 1966/1967: Brabham BT20
    • 1968: Spark, Eve
    • 1974: Brabham BT44B
    • 1973: McLaren M23
    • 1976: March 761
    • 1993: McLaren MP4/8
    • 1998: McLaren MP4/13 (my favourite)
    • 2012: Marussia MR01 2012, Formula ISI 2012
    And some good cars from modders.

But (always there is a but ;)) we don't have ANY modern F1 car, because of the lack of a hybrid system.
    A car without MGU-K Delivery, MGU-K Recovery and MGU-H mode, isn't a modern F1.
    The way to manage the races is TOTALLY different if the car has these system.
    If we like it or not is another question.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  4. Simulation_Player

Yea i was hoping if they really decided to add modern F1, they would incorporate modern suspension design, electronics and aero physics improvements along with it. tyres on fpro seems good enough, its the other areas that lag behind to simulate modern F1.
    also no offence but updates fisi would not do it for me, a official real car is what i prefer.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

To get a modern F1 package, you would have to skate around the Codemasters/Ea Sports licenses that date back.....quite some time...Suddenly 'modern' doesn't look so modern any longer.

6. Simulation_Player

yea historic F1 are great, i have them in my collection.
    just need at least one modern era F1.
    marussia is fine, not a biggest fan of how how tyre physics feel, fpro ruined older tyres for me.

still enjoy bt44 ,m23 , bt20.

7. Simulation_Player

I don't think licensing would be a issue, kunos managed to add modern F1. ( although physics wise i'm not too sure but still licensing itself don't seem to be an issue)
    iracing has 2 hybrid era f1 i think.

8. lagg

lagg Registered

The Formula Pro is amazing, the FISI too, and for me, the MP4/13 is incredible too.
    But web need a hybrid system

Emery likes this.
  9. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

You can do some cheap hybrid stuff with the P2P feature. No harvest of course, so a different driving style is required, but power delivery can be somewhat close over a lap.

Hybrid would be a bit of a pain in the game. How would it even work? Automatic deployment over a lap with different deploy maps? With that method, I assume that every deploy map would have to be done by the dev team. That means it'll only be done for official content.
    This basically screws 3rd party stuff royally if there's no option for the public to set their own maps.

Then there's the whole thing on how it would be set up in the physics. Lots of things to add, which is a nice thing but also a bit worrying as lots of new stuff are left out from the public.

10. Simulation_Player

V6 hybrid has its challenges, this is why V8 era KERS is good enough for me.
    Although i do enjoy managing hybrid systems and would definitely love to have it in rfactor 2.
    Kunos's version had some predetermined maps that was good enough IMO.
    Iracing Mercedes W12 has some automatic stuff going on for hybrid systems.
    I don't usually drive 3rd party stuff and i certainly have respect for what modders can do but i hope the development doesn't stop because it affects modders.

11. lagg

lagg Registered

A hybrid system is needed to have a modern simulation.
    It's not only used in F1

12. GP_NUTS

GP_NUTS Registered

Sadly your correct. Thats why i dont drive
    Those kind of race cars any more.

The kings class of motorsport but it cant do refueling too dangerous tell them to the pitcrew during le mans 24h, 35 ish refeuling pitstop in 24 hours.

Also i like race car to have a vroooom vrooooom sound not a miaaaauw miaaaauw if i want that i go listen to a h o r n y cat kicked out of somebody house in the freakin middle of the night

Imagne nascar fully electric that would be a real show stopper.
    I have watched formula e for 5 minutes total well thats really like a girl on a very nasty monthly .....

Ask you self the question
    A beauty full girl in bikini laying on a ferrari f50 with a big gasoline buring engine
    Or the same girl on a tesla.
    What is more a B onner moment;)

I think the lady also would prefer the f50:cool:

13. Simulation_Player

Hybrid cars DO have ICE , so they don't really sound like full electric car.
    I'm too not a huge fan of full electric race cars but their advantages are quite nice in day to day commute cars.
    Technology is definitely cool.

14. Simulation_Player

While hybrid systems are main attraction of modern F1 cars, i'm just as much hyped for their suspension system.

like FRIC suspension >

Even the simplified 2022 suspension has clever tricks going on >

I can't imagine the joy to fiddle with these things and probably break the car or make a good setup.
    The components themselves are same on 2022 F1 as on fpro BUT their arrangement, the unique way they are utilised is fascinating.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

sigh, next you will be telling us the earth magically curves around so you end where you began....you round earthers...you never give up...

16. Simulation_Player

hol up , did i just spot a flat earther in our highly intelligent simulation species ?!?
    u better hide , if you don't want to be smacked by facts and science.:p

davehenrie likes this.
  17. GP_NUTS

GP_NUTS Registered

Oh really what facts?
    The fact that a tesla is even polutional as a normale petrol car only the emissions happen else where?

People are easily fooled by thinking it having no emissions it clean it green , i am a good boy saving the planet. Well i work at a car recycle and destruction company we do all stuff even tesla. From those electric cars we dont get a lot of useable stuff in compair to petrol/diesel cars most tesla stuff is trown a way.

Btw dont forget for all those plastic stuff in and around a tesla you need oil to make it.

You have ford eco boost
    Tesla got ego boost

18. Simulation_Player

i'm bit confused by your comment, i was just having a joke with davehenrie.

davehenrie likes this.